X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cocopea9052 View Post
    Mods

Can someone tell me if this is a blog, or a news-site- and if so-- is it acceptable?

Pamela Geller - Atlas Shrugs

Thanks much!
    Basically no different to a blog link. Reading the words, "bringing you the news you will not hear from the mainstream media, covering little-reported events of great import, and providing an unblinkingly honest examination of global affairs ..." generally puts up red flags.
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by tfcrew View Post
      For readers not familiar with the language...pravda is Russian for 'the truth'
      There are two news agencies in Russia. Pravda which means truth and Tass which means news. It is said in Russia that there is no news in the truth and there is no truth in the news.

Comment

I think I might refrain from posting news from now on, and just reply........yeah I saw that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StarofDavid View Post
          I'm so happy the moderators are doing such a great job trying too keep the tabloid stuff off this board. I don't want to read something that isn't all truth, and turn around and pass the info. to a friend or a church member. It could get rather embarassing if it were to happen often. People would really think I'm all doom and gloom. and flipped my lid! Thanks again Mods.
          That is how I feel! I didn't even know about all the sources, and what they do or have done. We need to have people who care and are watching out for us, we get a lot of new Christian and lurkers on this site, plus I don't know and have the time sometimes to research all of these sites. So I try to be careful. Thanks guys!

All of the mods here do a great job, and your doing exactly what you are suppose to do.. I don't want to read false information, there's enough lies and slander going around as it is.

Comment

I have a question regarding news source and rr news articles and the message boards

I'm not trying to start something I shouldn't and please know that I love the articles you guys put out, but I have a question. We aren't supposed to use WND as a news source, yet in a recent article on Rapture Ready, "Tolerance Trumps Everything" By Ernest Gregoire, he sites an article by WND.

"The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

The statement above has been cut and pasted from a report on World Net Daily!"

On the rrbb boards, WND is not an acceptable news source. Shouldn't the articles on Rapture Ready match and reflect the prerequisites for posting on the rrbb's? I just ask this to clarify. Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Comment

Thank you for answering! That gave me my answer and helped me understand.

Comment

Could the MODS please clarify RR's stance on The Golden Report by Jerry Golden. From time to time someone posts another "urgent news" article from Jerry that seems to be not much more than an appeal for funds..... do we endorse Jerry Golden as a news source? Thank you....

Comment

Originally posted by Nightelf View Post
                  Could the MODS please clarify RR's stance on The Golden Report by Jerry Golden. From time to time someone posts another "urgent news" article from Jerry that seems to be not much more than an appeal for funds..... do we endorse Jerry Golden as a news source? Thank you....
                  It's sensational journalism, -nuff said

Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

Christian Science Monitor
                  sify
                  eutimes
                  WND
                  Newsmax
                  DebkaFile
                  Prisonplanet
                  infowars
                  Zero Hedge
                  The Sun (UK)
                  The Golden Report

This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.
                  Originally posted by carolina_guy View Post
                  because of unsubstantiated reporting and sensationalism.
                  and their post trib stance, including their beliefs we are already half way through the tribulation, I think we are in Revelation 10 right now

Originally posted by faithwon View Post
                  I'm not trying to start something I shouldn't and please know that I love the articles you guys put out, but I have a question. We aren't supposed to use WND as a news source, yet in a recent article on Rapture Ready, "Tolerance Trumps Everything" By Ernest Gregoire, he sites an article by WND.

"The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."

The statement above has been cut and pasted from a report on World Net Daily!"

On the rrbb boards, WND is not an acceptable news source. Shouldn't the articles on Rapture Ready match and reflect the prerequisites for posting on the rrbb's? I just ask this to clarify. Thanks in advance for answering my question.
                  The main board uses a lot of different contributors, offering a wide variety of viewpoints, which don't always make good discussion points under our criteria.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                  Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                  Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                    and their post trib stance, including their beliefs we are already half way through the tribulation, I think we are in Revelation 10 right now

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                    The main board uses a lot of different contributors, offering a wide variety of viewpoints, which don't always make good discussion points under our criteria.
                    Thanks for the explanation! I appreciate the help and info. I can see where that's beneficial to have it that way.

Comment

Update...

Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

sify
                      eutimes
                      WND
                      Newsmax
                      DebkaFile
                      Prisonplanet
                      infowars
                      Zero Hedge
                      The Sun (UK)
                      The Golden Report
                      Huffington Post

Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

sify
                        eutimes
                        WND
                        Newsmax
                        DebkaFile
                        Prisonplanet
                        infowars
                        Zero Hedge
                        The Sun (UK)
                        The Golden Report
                        People's Daily (China)

Note. If you can find the same story from a legitimate source, then please post that instead.
                        What about Prophecy Today? And Rapture Forums?
                        Thanks! Mandy
                        sigpic
                        CAN WE GO NOW?!!!
                        :cheer :cheer

The Senior Member of the Peanut Gallery is ready to go HOME NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MandyMonster View Post
                          What about Prophecy Today? And Rapture Forums?
                          Thanks! Mandy
                          Don't tell Chris and Jimmy De Young you thought they might be unacceptable.

Yes, those are fine, thanks for asking.

Comment

if Jimmy D Young wasn't acceptable, i'd be in big trubble....

Comment

sify
                              eutimes
                              WND
                              Newsmax
                              DebkaFile
                              Prisonplanet
                              infowars
                              Zero Hedge
                              The Sun (UK)
                              The Golden Report
                              Huffington Post
                              People's Daily (China)

Note. If you can find the same story from a legitimate source, then please post that instead.
                              Come on now, everyone knows that "Christian Science Monitor" is rock solid doctrinally speaking...HA,, HA.......... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... just kidddddiiinnngggggggggg.

Comment

Unacceptable news

sify
                                eutimes
                                WND
                                Newsmax
                                DebkaFile
                                Prisonplanet
                                infowars
                                Zero Hedge

how about here?
                                The Sun (UK)
                                The Golden Report
                                Huffington Post
                                People's Daily (China)

How about here? Thehill.com minus any op-Ed peices?

Comment

Working...
                                X