Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unacceptable News Sources

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    well said, Robert.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Teotwawki View Post
      How about MSNBC?
      as long as it ain't Oberman or Matthews.

      Comment


      • #33
        how about Pravda.....

        Comment


        • #34

          Comment


          • #35
            david wilkerson? i've always trusted him... i've heard some of his sermons... i'm not saying your wrong i just dont understand why.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by rreighe View Post
              david wilkerson? i've always trusted him... i've heard some of his sermons... i'm not saying your wrong i just dont understand why.
              Failed prophecy ...
              Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by icebear View Post
                how about Pravda.....
                For readers not familiar with the language...pravda is Russian for 'the truth'

                Comment


                • #38
                  Understand why these are questionable but in my mind EVERY source is questionable. Debka is used by my local radio station from time to time in the news and on a talk show (am) and is quoted frequently. World Net Daily is just a blog of blogs..but take a news source like CNN (Biased to the left), FoxNews (Biased to the right), CNBC (Far out there!) I don't trust ANY of them lol...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Stan In CA View Post
                    Understand why these are questionable but in my mind EVERY source is questionable. Debka is used by my local radio station from time to time in the news and on a talk show (am) and is quoted frequently. World Net Daily is just a blog of blogs..but take a news source like CNN (Biased to the left), FoxNews (Biased to the right), CNBC (Far out there!) I don't trust ANY of them lol...
                    There is a valid point here; many news sites can be biased or have an agenda. We should always use discernment when posting any links. That said, some tend to be a lot less reliable than others and some are not news sites at all although they may purport to be.
                    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by rreighe View Post
                      david wilkerson? i've always trusted him... i've heard some of his sermons... i'm not saying your wrong i just dont understand why.
                      Do a Search on him here. He and his failed prophecies - which he clearly claimed were from the Lord - have been discussed often. Trusting you'll understand.
                      "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


                      Jesus + something = nothing

                      Jesus + nothing = Everything

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Anddra View Post
                        There is a valid point here; many news sites can be biased or have an agenda. We should always use discernment when posting any links. That said, some tend to be a lot less reliable than others and some are not news sites at all although they may purport to be.
                        Then why not put every news agency on the list? OR Why not put nothing on the list? This is what confuses me. Sure, I'm more than willing to follow the rules and have really bit my lip a few times, but if there can be some credibility to these sources and more or less on others than why not we be allowed to post them so us informed posters can find links/evidence to offer up a rebutal of confirmation or discrediting. Some of the sources on the list I personally find credible. Not fully credible by any means but nonetheless sources not listed here can be just as unreliable as those on the list....well anyway...I like it here so I will go by the rules.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Stan In CA View Post
                          Then why not put every news agency on the list? OR Why not put nothing on the list? This is what confuses me. Sure, I'm more than willing to follow the rules and have really bit my lip a few times, but if there can be some credibility to these sources and more or less on others than why not we be allowed to post them so us informed posters can find links/evidence to offer up a rebutal of confirmation or discrediting. Some of the sources on the list I personally find credible. Not fully credible by any means but nonetheless sources not listed here can be just as unreliable as those on the list....well anyway...I like it here so I will go by the rules.

                          The message we are trying to get across is that some sites are not to be linked to (these are listed) but that does not mean that sites we have not listed will be necessarily be OK. We are asking members to bear in mind the purpose of this message board and use discernment when posting links to articles from other sites. Every member has a responsibility for the testimony provided by this message board.
                          Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I've always thought that the NYT and all of the so-called "Big Three" news network sites should be no-go's as well. I'd especially steer clear of MSNBC and alot of Reuter's stuff. Reuters has had some problems doctoring photos.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Stan In CA View Post
                              ...I like it here so I will go by the rules.

                              It's not really about bias, Stan. More like the propensity of these particular outlets using unsubstantiated rumors and lunacy, and posing it as real news. I guess you'll have to bite your lip again.
                              Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

                              Joel 3:2

                              I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I dont start many threads at all I just had to comment on this. I read most of the news everyday on RR news of the day a large amount of thier articles are from the sites you tell us not to use or have other sources that backup the articles content which RR doesnt do. I love RR and have told hundreds of my friends and co-workers and my customers about RR so dont think I am trying to be a troublemaker because I am not. There appears to be a double standard and I would like to understand what I am missing by this sticky. To tell you the truth WND to me is entertaining but seems very tabloid to me also. Please when you get a second explain to me why RR can post these articles and we cant.



                                QUOTE=carolina_guy;1628696]Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

                                eutimes
                                WND (ok if substantiated by other sources)
                                Newsmax (ok if substantiated by other sources)
                                DebkaFile (ok if substantiated by other sources)
                                Prisonplanet
                                infowars


                                This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.[/QUOTE]

                                SefT9xnY

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X