Trump: U.S. Team in North Korea to ‘Make Arrangements’ for Summit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump: U.S. Team in North Korea to ‘Make Arrangements’ for Summit

U.S. officials arrived in North Korea to continue planning for the possible June 12 summit in Singapore between the two countries, President Donald Trump said Sunday.

“Our United States team has arrived in North Korea to make arrangements for the Summit between Kim Jong Un and myself. I truly believe North Korea has brilliant potential and will be a great economic and financial Nation one day,” the President tweeted.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ts-for-summit/

Here's hoping whatever comes of it results in a better quality of life for the average North Korean denizen.

Comment

Hope the meeting is positive

Comment

Waiting to see what happens. I hope that some good comes of this meeting.

Comment

BREAKING: President Trump Meets With North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un

United States President Donald Trump has officially met and shaken hands with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un at Capella Hotel in Singapore.

They walked to a red carpeted, white colannade area of the hotel separately and met in front of North Korea and United States flags. They shook hands at 9:04 am and turned to their right.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. President," Kim said.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...apore-n2489537
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

From the above news article....

"I feel really great. It's gonna be a great discussion and I think tremendous success," Trump said. "I think it's gonna be really successful and I think we will have a terrific relationship I have no doubt."

Such optimism!!
            sigpic Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Comment

Not knowing when the post first meeting news conference will begin is torture having to listen to talking heads fill time...
              sigpic
              Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by TimothyK View Post
                Here's hoping whatever comes of it results in a better quality of life for the average North Korean denizen.
                I have my doubts...

"U.S. won't bring up North Korea's human rights issues at Singapore summit"
                https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-k...rights-n880986

Comment

I dont know...it seems like this summit was basically a photo op for both parties. Seems like a lot of vaguery came out of it...at least that we know of.

Trump calling Kim and "honorable man" really struck me. The same man that has ordered executions, torture, rape, starvation, etc on thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of men, women, and children. Not only is he not honorable, but he is inhumane.

Comment

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God. (Matt 5:9)
                    I truly believe that Kim has had a change of heart. You have to remember that he only knows dictatorships, from his dad and granddad. He had never been outside of North Korea until very recently. I believe that God can change ANY situation! I also think that God is using President Trump to achieve His will in these last days. Let's trust Him!

Comment

I applaud Trump for trying...trust but verify...the US is not going in to this agreement with their eyes closed...I believe it’s worth the effort to try for peaceful outcome...no other President has ever gotten this far with NK...God can change things for His own glory...you have to start somewhere...baby steps...maybe a peaceful outcome will benefit the people of NK to hear the gospel of Jesus....nothing is impossible for God...praise be to God for his love and protection for our country...🙂

John 10
                      27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.” (KJV)

Comment

When it comes to human rights abuses, nothing can be done about the past. This is the start of doing something to stop future abuses. Give it a chance, people!

Comment

Originally posted by respicefinem View Post
                          When it comes to human rights abuses, nothing can be done about the past. This is the start of doing something to stop future abuses. Give it a chance, people!
                          Agreed! I’m cautious but hopeful.

Comment

Pres Trump even called him a "nice guy.".........
                            Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

This is truly a miracle what has happened so far....we were almost at war with this man earlier this year!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X