Crashing space station.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing space station.

I saw this in the news on the rr page. I noticed Chicago on the list. This is around the time a group of women including myself will be going to that city to a conference at Moody. It’s a small chance that it will crash when we are there but there’s still a chance. Makes me wonder. Not fear... just wonder. In times of crisis, that’s when people turn to God. Some out of desperation. It makes me wonder because there will be a large gathering of Christians in that city going through lessons on “discipleship” Makes me wonder if these things could be converging together in order to spread the gospel and sharpen the skills we are trying to learn. I don’t know. I don’t want to sound sensational but it sparked my interest and wonder. Regardless of where it crashes or if... pray for the ones effected will see God in the circumstances.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...alling-chinese

You'd think they could blow it up prior to it's crashing into earth?? At least that way it's not so huge.

Wonder why we haven't heard about this before now? Seems important to me.

Comment

Given the article is in a Tabloid I wouldn't think much of it. Might there be other "non-tabloidal" sources out there with information on this space station?
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I googled this..........many articles came up, and basically, they are saying it could fall anytime from now til the end of the year, and maybe longer. No specific date. AND, they are saying it can fall anywhere at this point......there is no way they can yet pinpoint anything.

Comment

From what I have seen Scientists are predicting March 31 plus or minus 3 days for re-entry.
          There is only a 1 in 10000 chance that it will actually crash into a populated area. They have narrowed the crash zone down to between the 43° North and 43° South latitudes; an area that still includes parts of every inhabited continent on Earth. Chicago and New York included. I just think it will be an awesome light show.
          But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits. Psalm 5:11

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
            Given the article is in a Tabloid I wouldn't think much of it. Might there be other "non-tabloidal" sources out there with information on this space station?
            I took this directly off the RR website. I didn't even check to see where it was from. But, I have heard about it before like months ago.

Comment

And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
              Romans 11:6

Comment

Satview.org is one way to track it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DMac View Post
                  Best response.

I do sincerely hope and pray it doesn't crash into a population. God willing it'll impact somewhere between Japan and Australia in the Philippine Sea. All the same keep our friends in the Philippines, in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea in your prayers. If God forbid it hits a population those are the places at the greatest risk.

It's not city leveling or anything (most of it's going to be destroyed on reentry), but it's still going to be a sizeable piece of space junk that could cause some serious property damage and hurt some folks who won the lottery of misfortune.
                  (So yeah, I better invest in an umbrella... )

Comment

Here's How to See the Chinese Space Station's Final Orbits and Fiery Fall

China's first-ever space laboratory, Tiangong-1, will fall to Earth within the next week and, weather permitting, you may get an opportunity to see it in one of its final trips around our planet. And, if you're very lucky, you might even get a chance to see it disintegrate into a fiery ball as it streaks across the sky.

The space lab launched on Sept. 29, 2011, from Jiuquan, China, and was christened Tiangong-1, which means "Heavenly Palace." A robotic spacecraft, Shenzhou-8, docked with Tiangong-1 in early November 2011, followed by two crewed missions: Shenzhou-9 in June 2012, and Shenzhou-10 in June 2013. Both missions carried three Chinese astronauts and lasted for two weeks.

On March 21, 2016, Chinese space agency officials announced that Tiangong-1 had officially ended its service and that the telemetry link with the spacelab had been lost. Shortly thereafter, U.S. satellite observers noticed that it appeared to be in a slow, uncontrolled roll as it circled Earth. It's been space junk ever since.

Read the full article here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-see-...113300865.html

I thought this article had a lot of good information regarding China's falling space station.
                    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                      Here's How to See the Chinese Space Station's Final Orbits and Fiery Fall

China's first-ever space laboratory, Tiangong-1, will fall to Earth within the next week and, weather permitting, you may get an opportunity to see it in one of its final trips around our planet. And, if you're very lucky, you might even get a chance to see it disintegrate into a fiery ball as it streaks across the sky.

The space lab launched on Sept. 29, 2011, from Jiuquan, China, and was christened Tiangong-1, which means "Heavenly Palace." A robotic spacecraft, Shenzhou-8, docked with Tiangong-1 in early November 2011, followed by two crewed missions: Shenzhou-9 in June 2012, and Shenzhou-10 in June 2013. Both missions carried three Chinese astronauts and lasted for two weeks.

On March 21, 2016, Chinese space agency officials announced that Tiangong-1 had officially ended its service and that the telemetry link with the spacelab had been lost. Shortly thereafter, U.S. satellite observers noticed that it appeared to be in a slow, uncontrolled roll as it circled Earth. It's been space junk ever since.

Read the full article here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-see-...113300865.html

I thought this article had a lot of good information regarding China's falling space station.
                      Yeah it moved. First it was tracked for crashing on the 4th out in the Philippine Sea, now it's moved up to the 1st on either side of South America.
                      All the same, praying it doesn't hit a population and it's nothing more than an expensive light show.

Comment

Working...
                      X