Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76

From AP
    And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 1 Timothy 6:8

I'm sorry to say I don't think he'll be meeting Billy Graham... Hope I'm wrong.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
      I hope he made the right choice in his final moments. Either way he definitely believes in God now.
      And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 1 Timothy 6:8

Comment

Probably not. I hope so too. May God use this time of loss to draw near to his family and friends that they might be saved.

Comment

When I saw the headline my first thought was how unfortunate...that his fate would be the Lake of Fire and Brimstone for all of eternity...

Comment

Such very sad news - nothing to rejoice about when an unsaved (as best we know) person dies. A very well known much loved English comedian, Ken Dodd died at 90 the day before. He called himself Mr Happiness - sadly not now for him in all likelihood.
            Praying for the families of them to somehow encounter their Creator in all this.
            For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
            Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

I agree with all said. I hope he had a change of heart at the end and is now with our Saviour, Jesus. I'm praying for him and his family.

Comment

He suffered with Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) as long as I've been alive. Would have been nice to be able to have a "discussion" with him. Possibly the God who cares about each and every sparrow will put forth a little extra effort on behalf of an English physicist. I'd like to think so, anyway.
                --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

RIP Stephen Hawking.

Wonder if he knew all his answers to his questions are in the Bible.

I know that whatever God does,
                  It shall be forever.
                  Nothing can be added to it,
                  And nothing taken from it.
                  God does it, that men should fear before Him.
                  Ecclesiastes 3:14

Last edited by dustyfingers; March 14th, 2018, 09:19 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

This feels a lot like the death of Chris Hitchens. Another guy who spent his entire life saying God was dead...and then God said Hawking was dead and that's it. We always live with that little hope of "the 11th-hour conversion", but I don't see it here. Stephen Hawking spent his entire life studying the very Heavens that declare the glory of the God who made them, and he denied it all the way through.

EDIT: And to think he spent most of his life struggling through a terribly crippling disease, only to come to the end of his life and receive a body fitted for immortality...in Hell.

Tragic...
                    Matt. 7:21
                    2 Cor. 5:21

Comment

Originally posted by ehbowen View Post
                      will put forth a little extra effort on behalf of an English physicist
                      Just wondering what you mean by this?

Comment

Always searching but never finding the truth...
                        The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

Originally posted by ehbowen View Post
                          He suffered with Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) as long as I've been alive. Would have been nice to be able to have a "discussion" with him. Possibly the God who cares about each and every sparrow will put forth a little extra effort on behalf of an English physicist. I'd like to think so, anyway.
                          More effort than pouring out his blood and dying on a cross?
                          Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses

--(Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)

Comment

Sad that he was confined to life in a body in such a limited way for so many years.......... with no hope, and not willing to claim freedom in Christ ( from his body as well as his soul) for eternity.

Comment

Another creature smarter than God......

Comment

Working...
                              X