Syria says Israel hits its territory with jets, missiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syria says Israel hits its territory with jets, missiles

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Israeli jets and ground-to-ground missiles struck Syria early on Tuesday, Syria's army said, as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated he would do what was needed to stop Hezbollah gaining "game-changing" Iranian weapons.

The Syrian army said in a statement carried by state television that Israeli jets fired missiles at the al-Qutaifa area near Damascus from inside Lebanese airspace at 2:40 a.m. (0040 GMT) and Syrian air defenses hit one of the planes.

Israel then fired rockets from the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, but the Syrian defenses brought them down, the army said, adding that Israeli jets fired a final barrage of four rockets from inside Israel, one of which was intercepted by Syrian air defenses while the others caused material damage.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/syrian-ar...064904570.html

It would be interesting to know how effective Syria's defensive actions were when these strikes occur. I can't bring myself to trust the published Syrian claims as to their defensive successes.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Good for Israel and may they have many more happy bombings.
    sigpic

Comment

Ha! Exactly!
      1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Is Bashar al-Assad >>> Ben-Hadad? Amos 1:4 4I will send fire on the house of Hazael that will consume the fortresses of Ben-Hadad.

Jeremiah 49:27 27"I will set fire to the walls of Damascus; it will consume the fortresses of Ben-Hadad." What is a Ben -Hadad > Al-Assad fits the boots if you do a little digging>Enjoy

Comment

Praise the Lord, and thank You Lord for giving Israel another victory!
          love in Christ Jesus & prayers,
          Lynda

I am ready to go!!!

Comment

Seeing that this May will be the 70th anniversary of Israel as a nation, is this the generation that will not pass away? I hope it is. My family is going to Israel in May and it is getting very interesting. Never thought we would go again as there is so much upheaval in the Mid-East. My wife's birthday is the 16th of May, two days after the anniversary. We are hoping as we stand before the Eastern Gate that Jesus will meet us there. What an awesome present that would be! Instead of being nervous, we are excited. I trust in the God of Israel and the Messiah, our Lord Jesus the Christ for our well being and protection. Come quickly Lord Jesus!!!

Comment

It appears that either a Syrian or an Iranian antiaircraft weapon has hit an Israeli F-16 jet, which then crash landed in northern Israel. This would be the first time in decades that an F-16 has been taken down. Security camera captures crash of Israeli F-16 downed by Syria https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...107006,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Spirit View Post
                Seeing that this May will be the 70th anniversary of Israel as a nation, is this the generation that will not pass away? I hope it is. My family is going to Israel in May and it is getting very interesting. Never thought we would go again as there is so much upheaval in the Mid-East. My wife's birthday is the 16th of May, two days after the anniversary. We are hoping as we stand before the Eastern Gate that Jesus will meet us there. What an awesome present that would be! Instead of being nervous, we are excited. I trust in the God of Israel and the Messiah, our Lord Jesus the Christ for our well being and protection. Come quickly Lord Jesus!!!
                I love this!
                1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Thanks! I remember through the years that I thought there is no way I'm going near Israel with all the unrest. This will be our 5th time! Now Israel is saying there may be all out war with Iran. What? Am I crazy? It's amazing how God has changed my attitude and outlook. How exciting it is to be a part of it all. It almost seems scripted for us. We also met a Palestinian Christian who lives on the Via Dolorsa the last time we visited. She lives near the 5th Station of the Cross. How cool is that? Hope this isn't off the topic.

Comment

Working...
                  X