What No One Is Telling You About Iran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What No One Is Telling You About Iran

Itís something that has been building and growing under the surface and behind closed doors. And it remains one of the best kept secrets in the world, despite occasional media reports in the last few years: Iranian Muslims are converting to Christianity at an unprecedented pace.

Iíve heard this firsthand from Iranian converts. Iíve heard it firsthand from Christian leaders who have worked with these converts inside and outside of Iran. And Iíve heard it from missiologists whose job it is to track such things.

And itís reminiscent of the conversion of tens of millions of Chinese behind the cover of the Bamboo Curtain. Missiologists were reporting it for years before the rest of the world found out about it. Now, it is an open secret, leading to headlines like this, from April 14, 2014, in the UK Telegraph: ďChina on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within 15 years. The number of Christians in Communist China is growing so steadily that it by 2030 it could have more churchgoers than America.Ē

https://townhall.com/columnists/mich...-iran-n2429102

That's good news!
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

I heard/read about this and it is totally awesome. God is on the move.
    sigpic

Comment

Perhaps a last and final call and many conversions before we are taken out of here to be with Jesus forever???

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
        Perhaps a last and final call and many conversions before we are taken out of here to be with Jesus forever???

Comment

Praying for those countries!

Comment

This is SO exciting!
            1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Wonderful.
              And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
              Romans 11:6

Comment

Praise be to God. If you look at some of the pictures of Iran pre-islamic revolution, you'll see they were a very western european-esque nation. They were wealthy and happy. Stark contrast to the post-islamic revolution Iran.

May God continue to work in the hearts of the Persians and the Chinese, the North Koreans, and the many places in this world where seeking Christ and His word is literally risking ones life. May our Heavenly Father keep His fearless workers and saints from harm in these places.

Comment

I was convicted of the need to reach the Muslim's when Samy Tanagho (author of God Loves You My Muslim Friend) came to speak at our church last year. Why it took me so long is bonkers.

To stop looking at them as invading our land and see God's hand and purpose. I know that God is bringing the Jews back to Israel and to a saving faith as well. But here, in the U.S., we see the number of Muslims growing and I needed to see this as an opportunity to reach them with the Gospel. God desires them to be saved, Jesus died for them too.

"God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain."
                  ~ C. S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Raptureorbust View Post
                    I was convicted of the need to reach the Muslim's when Samy Tanagho (author of God Loves You My Muslim Friend) came to speak at our church last year. Why it took me so long is bonkers.

To stop looking at them as invading our land and see God's hand and purpose. I know that God is bringing the Jews back to Israel and to a saving faith as well. But here, in the U.S., we see the number of Muslims growing and I needed to see this as an opportunity to reach them with the Gospel. God desires them to be saved, Jesus died for them too.
                    How is that going? Do you have any stories you can share? One side of my family is Muslim, from Afghanistan, so Iím always fascinated by stories of Muslims converting to Christianity. Theyíre some of the most amazing things Iíve heard and read.

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
                      My thoughts as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raptureorbust View Post

I can see where you're coming from but at the same time fundamentalist islam is in fact an unholy religious-political fusion of a thing and their end game is conquest. Not all muslims are fundamentalists mind. A lot of muslims you're likely to meet as an american aren't fundamentalist crazies, being moderates or non-practicing. Just normal people.

But any muslim with a traditional fundamentalist belief in their relgion is suspect. They certainly exist and their religion when carried to it's conclusion is very dangerous and anti-America. That's not politically correct but it's the truth. That said I'm all for reaching out to any muslim with the gospel truth of Jesus Christ if they'll have it. And how I pray they would. That our Heavenly Fathers mercy find them in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Godspeed to you.

Comment

I am certain our Lord shall save some from every nation, tongue and tribe. I know a brother and his wife who were serving our Lord full time doing gospel work in Tehran before the Shah was deposed and the Ayatollah Khomeini took over. Then western Christian missionaries had to flee Iran suddenly with little preparation. Since then this missionary and his team have been using satellite and internet technologies to take the Gospel to the people of Iran with many reports of our Lord saving some. I cannot help but think others are doing similar work seeing powerful men present persistent obstacles.to conventional outreach.

That saving faith in Christ has been the result is very exciting indeed.

Marvin

Comment

Working...
                          X