Seventh day adventist outreach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seventh day adventist outreach

Pretty much talking to seventh day adventist it seems the only way to begin to open their eyes (if they will) is if you force them to stay on the two topics of

1) EGW is called a prophet by fundamental #18. You just have to keep at what a prophet is and not let them side step into the Bible. They proclaim the Bible is the ultimate source so avoid her prophet label because they think it's a done deal. They don't want to admit (openly at least) calling her a prophet means she's God's mouth piece. Especially when you stack it with

2) The 1844 Investigative Judgement. #24. That flat out proves it's work based plus it destroys EGW's credibility.
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Borrowed Time, I cannot respond to the general Seventh Day Adventist religion. But, I have a dear friend of over forty years who is SDA. We have shared our different faiths for all those years. She definitely is not a works based believer. Not in any way, shape or form. She repeatedly claims her salvation is based on the work that Jesus did on the cross alone.........that we are all sinners and there is no other way to be redeemed. That no works could make one twit of difference. The only thing we differ on is she believes the soul sleeps until Jesus comes to take us home...........where I believe that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. That one difference of belief does not affect our salvation, so we let it rest, knowing that will be shown to us at the appropriate time.

I believe that we must read God's Word and commune with Him through the Holy Spirit to find the truth, and not listen to ANY church organization's agenda........... knowing that men are fallible, and can misconstrue the truth. Be it Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc. We must search scripture for what God has said Himself to us. There are many in any given religious body who find the truth, while others do not delve or seek to find their own answers. I think that is the difference of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father...... and attending a church and swallowing whatever they say.

Comment

Soul sleep is how they get around the Bible contradictions with the Investigative Judgement. According to the investigation belief Jesus started deciding who is or isn't saved in 1844.

In fact, they say sins aren't blotted out til the Investigation is over.

Those are some huge gaps IMHO.
      Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

I have never heard of any Investigation from her. She is convinced that the soul of her late husband will rise with his body at the resurrection, as he trusted in Christ's atonement alone for his salvation. No question about it in her mind.

I'm not saying there are not problems within various religions. I'm not saying that people who belong to that church are all saved. Same as in any other religious affiliation, there can be doctrine that is faulty and downright leading people away from the truth. I'm just saying that we will find SOME people from most of those religions in heaven, if they have themselves discerned the truth from studying God's Word in a personal relationship with the Lord.

I have always heard - and believed - that we will surprised when we get to heaven at who are there and at who aren't.......... some people we thought would be there won't be and some people we were sure wouldn't be there, will be there. That is why we are not to judge, but to leave the judging to God.

Comment

I do understand what you mean about finding some whom we least suspect in Heaven. I'm not saying it's not possible. And yes, Christ is the Judge.

It's not an issue however I personally find people should be completely oblivious too either. Ellen White preaches going to church on Sunday is the Mark of the Beast. Sunday worshiper also aren't saved because they don't have the seal of God since the Sabbath is the seal of God.

We end up in situations with gay bishops when no one speaks up. My 2 cents.

Edit: link to the SDA Fundemental Beleifs page.

http://szu.adventist.org/wp-content/...28_Beliefs.pdf
          Last edited by BorrowedTime; June 12th, 2017, 12:24 AM. Reason: Added SDA link

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
            I do understand what you mean about finding some whom we least suspect in Heaven. I'm not saying it's not possible. And yes, Christ is the Judge.

It's not an issue however I personally find people should be completely oblivious too either. Ellen White preaches going to church on Sunday is the Mark of the Beast. Sunday worshiper also aren't saved because they don't have the seal of God since the Sabbath is the seal of God.

We end up in situations with gay bishops when no one speaks up. My 2 cents.

Edit: link to the SDA Fundemental Beleifs page.

http://szu.adventist.org/wp-content/...28_Beliefs.pdf

And here is the 1% of the rat poison that will kill:

"Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church"

Their teachings sound good (like most cults) until they bring in their "prophet".

https://www.gotquestions.org/Ellen-G-White.html

They are teaching a different Jesus, just like Mormons, JWs, Catholics, and many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonsu View Post
              And here is the 1% of the rat poison that will kill:

"Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church"

Their teachings sound good (like most cults) until they bring in their "prophet".

https://www.gotquestions.org/Ellen-G-White.html

They are teaching a different Jesus, just like Mormons, JWs, Catholics, and many others.
              And this has been my experience with the handful I've encountered.

I've noticed discussing scriptures with them that everything makes no sense and they have interpretations that don't even match up with what they say.

1) I'm saved by faith alone
              2) because I love Jesus I follow the 10 commandments.
              3) if you in anyway say Christ fulfilled the law, you are slammed with "why are you telling people not to obey Christ" "if you truly loved Christ you would obey Him".

Getting into scripture battles tends to go around and around with no real focal point. The last one I was talking to asked to show him where in the fundamental beliefs they discuss works based. I read 18 and 24, told him and he brushed it off and wanted to run back to scriptures. The only comment he made regarding #18 was that it also says the Bible is the final authority. He refused to admit calling her a prophet means she speaks with God's Authority. Plus looking into what she wrote about #24 makes it worse. He really just didn't want to stay focused on these two points.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                And this has been my experience with the handful I've encountered.

I've noticed discussing scriptures with them that everything makes no sense and they have interpretations that don't even match up with what they say.

1) I'm saved by faith alone
                2) because I love Jesus I follow the 10 commandments.
                3) if you in anyway say Christ fulfilled the law, you are slammed with "why are you telling people not to obey Christ" "if you truly loved Christ you would obey Him".

Getting into scripture battles tends to go around and around with no real focal point. The last one I was talking to asked to show him where in the fundamental beliefs they discuss works based. I read 18 and 24, told him and he brushed it off and wanted to run back to scriptures. The only comment he made regarding #18 was that it also says the Bible is the final authority. He refused to admit calling her a prophet means she speaks with God's Authority. Plus looking into what she wrote about #24 makes it worse. He really just didn't want to stay focused on these two points.

Yeah, it's so hard to get someone stuck in a cult to see their error. I've run into the same thing with my Catholic and JW family.

Comment

I was recently in a discussion with a SDA who said there is another gospel out there. When I asked him what this other gospel was, he had this to say below:

"It is a gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. The counterfeit gospel is out there. It is a gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. Godís Law has always been part of the true gospel of Christ. The counterfeit gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true gospel of Christ."

Of course, that is absolutely FALSE. Though he professed to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, he re-defines this in a way that is contrary to the gospel. Even though he tried to deny this, he teaches that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." His doctrine of salvation is a subtle mixture of law and grace that is a perversion of the gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9)

That same SDA has a link to a website that promotes the ludicrous doctrine which teaches those who worship God on Sunday will receive the mark of the beast -

https://www.beastsmark.com/markofthebeast

You can read about the origin of that ludicrous doctrine on this website - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml

I can't speak for ALL SDA's, but based on my experience of debating with multiple SDA's on various Bible discussion forums, I have no choice but to come to the conclusion that the SDA church is a dangerous cult!

Comment

The fact SDA hospitals support abortion would be a deal-breaker for me all by itself. Add in the fact Ellie White was a complete and unrepentant nutter and it puts the SDA religion in the "run away like your hair was on fire" category.
                    John Robinson

Scribe

Comment

Here is an exAdventist Outreach website which is a ministry of former Seventh-day Adventists - http://www.exadventist.com

Comment

It seems that this debate over legalism has been an issue since Paul first confronted Cephas (Peter) about adding works to the gospel back in the very early church. Galatians should (in my humble opinion) be required reading for all SDA.... Even Barnabus was drawn into it if I remember correctly..
                        Last edited by grace-saved; January 30th, 2018, 09:49 AM. Reason: added thought
                        Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

Working...
                        X