Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Ouija Boards at Toys R Us?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Toys R Us sell Ouija boards? Yup.

Does the gas station sell beer and cigarettes? Yup.

Doesn't mean I'll protest either one. I get that Christians like to make a statement and we sure love us some boycotts, but I never stop being amazed at Christians who live in shock at the world simply being the world.

This is not our home and it's a broken, deceitful place full of sin and temptation... and a bunch of people whom Jesua died for and are currently victims of our eternal enemy.

Go be the light of this world. But don't expect the world to look anything like the kingdom of God.

Comment

We had better ban any store that sells magic eight balls, playing cards, poker chips, ...well, just about anything that could be turned into something evil. Maybe ban books?

Seriously....I had a Ouija board when I was kid 50 years ago. No biggie. We weren't trying to conjure up evil spirits. It was fun to see if we could predict who we were going to marry or if Joey was going to ask Mary to the prom. I wouldn't buy one today, but just because I had one, it didn't mean I was into the occult. I still love rock n' roll music, but I'm not going to hell because I listen to it.

Just about everything can be used for good or evil. Parents MUST make good choices for their kids. Boycotting Toys R Us because they sell Ouija boards is as silly an idea as boycotting 7-11 because they sell cigarettes and lottery tickets. Pick your battles. Supervise your kids. Choose the toys and tv shows they interact with. Know their friends. Don't give them free reign on the internet.

We had my daughter in Christian schools until high school and trust me, it was no guarantee that she wouldn't be exposed to things we didn't like. You have to do the best you can do and leave the rest up to God.

Comment

Originally posted by Novelist View Post
        We had better ban any store that sells magic eight balls, playing cards, poker chips, ...well, just about anything that could be turned into something evil. Maybe ban books?
        Umm, ok.

Seriously....I had a Ouija board when I was kid 50 years ago. No biggie. We weren't trying to conjure up evil spirits. It was fun to see if we could predict who we were going to marry or if Joey was going to ask Mary to the prom. I wouldn't buy one today, but just because I had one, it didn't mean I was into the occult. I still love rock n' roll music, but I'm not going to hell because I listen to it.
        You must be highly confused what the Bible has to say about talking to demons/spirits/fortune telling and the lot.

Just about everything can be used for good or evil. Parents MUST make good choices for their kids.
        Parents can't make choices for their children anymore than God can force someone to accept Christ as savior.

Boycotting Toys R Us because they sell Ouija boards is as silly an idea as boycotting 7-11 because they sell cigarettes and lottery tickets.
        Ban air as well because unsaved people breath it as well.

I hate the extremist arguments. People can choose not to shop wherever they want to for whatever reason. Welcome to the free market.

If others don't wanna spend their money there for this reason they are allowed to and they are allowed to drum up support.

Pick your battles.
        I'm curious as to where your battle lines are. There are points where we the church must talk about issues. Being the salt and light isn't always rainbows and sunshine. It's like telling pastors they shouldn't preach about hell cause of feelings.

Supervise your kids. Choose the toys and tv shows they interact with. Know their friends. Don't give them free reign on the internet.
        Agreed but I would ban ouija boards and magic 8 balls and all future telling stuff and leave that to God.

We had my daughter in Christian schools until high school and trust me, it was no guarantee that she wouldn't be exposed to things we didn't like. You have to do the best you can do and leave the rest up to God.
        And giving them the full armor of God is a great way to start.
        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
          Umm, ok.

You must be highly confused what the Bible has to say about talking to demons/spirits/fortune telling and the lot.

Parents can't make choices for their children anymore than God can force someone to accept Christ as savior.

Ban air as well because unsaved people breath it as well.

I hate the extremist arguments. People can choose not to shop wherever they want to for whatever reason. Welcome to the free market.

If others don't wanna spend their money there for this reason they are allowed to and they are allowed to drum up support.

I'm curious as to where your battle lines are. There are points where we the church must talk about issues. Being the salt and light isn't always rainbows and sunshine. It's like telling pastors they shouldn't preach about hell cause of feelings.

Agreed but I would ban ouija boards and magic 8 balls and all future telling stuff and leave that to God.

And giving them the full armor of God is a great way to start.
          I get where you're coming from, but have you ever played Monopoly? Dice can be linked to fortune telling. And if you have a Christmas tree, you're engaging in pagan worship as trees are not part of the Biblical narrative.

God judges the heart. I don't agree with Ouija boards, but it's easy to let legalism outlaw everything. And also easy to let liberalism allow all things.

The only way I've ever found to walk that tightrope is to balance the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. His Word provides the framework and the Spirit gives inspiration to that framework. Err too heavily to one side or the other and you become too stiff necked or too permissive.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoknight View Post
            I get where you're coming from, but have you ever played Monopoly? Dice can be linked to fortune telling. And if you have a Christmas tree, you're engaging in pagan worship as trees are not part of the Biblical narrative.

God judges the heart. I don't agree with Ouija boards, but it's easy to let legalism outlaw everything. And also easy to let liberalism allow all things.

The only way I've ever found to walk that tightrope is to balance the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. His Word provides the framework and the Spirit gives inspiration to that framework. Err too heavily to one side or the other and you become too stiff necked or too permissive.
            I get what you are saying. There's some merit to it.

However as an example when we have the Bible showing us God has a huge distaste for the "Queen of Heaven" then the RCC should take pause to what they do.

Monopoly has some looseness to it.

Fortune telling/Spirit talking is flat out condemned.

I would leave monopoly to the individual and prayer.
            Ra
            And I would never support ouija.
            Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

well-said

Originally posted by Novelist View Post

Just about everything can be used for good or evil. Parents MUST make good choices for their kids. Boycotting Toys R Us because they sell Ouija boards is as silly an idea as boycotting 7-11 because they sell cigarettes and lottery tickets. Pick your battles. Supervise your kids. Choose the toys and tv shows they interact with. Know their friends. Don't give them free reign on the internet.

Welcome and be ready for all kinds of nit-picking re: this issue and many others; I'm with you on this one; pick your battles; there's a world of folks out there going straight to Hell and being super uptight isn't going to have a positive impact on them. My husband and I saw Danzig the other night and I told Steve Zing that we're praying for him and Glenn; I could tell he genuinely appreciated that. . salt and light not giant deer licks and floodlights
              Peace, love, life, and kindness to ALL of God's Creatures

Comment

unrelated matter

Toys R Us recently filed for chapter 11

i.e. Toys R Us is going Bankrupt (likely not cause of selling Ouija Boards at their stores)
                For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

Nothing new, sadly. They have been selling this junk even when I was a kid (late 70s/early 80s)
                  My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

Originally posted by RM Dodd View Post
                    I was just goofing around on youtube and I heard that they sell Ouija Boards at Toys R Us now? What?
                    I'm 22 and even I know not to mess around with that stuff.

I know we're in the end times and all, but come on Toys R Us....

Does another company have to be added to the black list?

Here is a google link if ya'll want to see for yourselves:
                    http://https://www.google.com/search...hrome&ie=UTF-8
                    Now? They sold them at Toys r Us when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post
                      unrelated matter

Toys R Us recently filed for chapter 11

i.e. Toys R Us is going Bankrupt (likely not cause of selling Ouija Boards at their stores)
                      maybe they should of consulted with the toy industry spirits, then they would've seen this coming. joking of course
                      "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

Monopoly is a fancy and complicated version of roulette.

You want to get the orange properties and the railroads if you can.

They've been selling Ouija boards at toy stores for decades. I don't know when the "game" was invented, but there is a Norman Rockwell painting (May 1920 S.E.P. cover) showing a couple using a Ouija board, so it has been around a while.

It isn't something I would encourage anyone to use, although I suspect the hype is worse than the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalier973 View Post
                          Monopoly is a fancy and complicated version of roulette.

You want to get the orange properties and the railroads if you can.

They've been selling Ouija boards at toy stores for decades. I don't know when the "game" was invented, but there is a Norman Rockwell painting (May 1920 S.E.P. cover) showing a couple using a Ouija board, so it has been around a while.

It isn't something I would encourage anyone to use, although I suspect the hype is worse than the reality.
                          Nine times out of ten, you may be right. As a young child, I experimented with the occult; those experiments bore no visible fruit. I am now convinced that this was due to the intervention of the finest guardian angels in the cosmos and that they bear grievous battle scars from that titanic struggle. I now regret putting them through that ordeal and have no wish to do so again.

There are always consequences to sin...even if you don't see or feel them in the present, someone else is or will be shouldering the burden.

Oh, By The Way...don't you DARE say anything bad about Monopoly!
                          --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

Oh, I am a fan of Monopoly...even collected boards for a while. I still have the long box 50th anniversary box, the heirloom box, a German language version I got in Europe, the 80th anniversary, a Disney edition, etc. I used to have a copy of the spin-off game "Advance to Boardwalk". Used to have the 65th anniversary edition...

but, it is not a "business game", except in the most nominal way possible. It is a strategic roulette.

Comment

Well, I would argue that roulette is a pure game of chance. Chance is a big part of Monopoly as well...but there's also important strategy. Well-developed dark blue and green properties are almost a guaranteed knockout...but they're much less likely to be landed on. Railroads are likely to be landed on often, but the $200 maximum bite is unlikely to decapitate an opponent when you get to the late stages of the game. And you may have to do some fast talking and dealing to get Atlantic Avenue from an opponent when you've already got Ventnor and Marvin Gardens...not a skill you're likely to need when you tell the croupier that you want to place a bet on double-zero!
                              --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

Working...
                              X