Anyone With Unsaved Spouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone With Unsaved Spouse?

I just want to take a temp here. For those of you with an unsaved spouse (my husband is devout RCC), have you been experiencing more strife/hostility/resistance to Truth lately? If so, please do share. I could use some edification as I daily stand in my armor. I pray for him daily, for his conversion. As you all know, the battle is fierce these days.
    Lord, heal me, and I will truly be healed. Save me, and I will truly be saved. You are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Oh, I can certainly relate to that!! My husband was raised RCC as well, and it totally shut him down to contemplating and accepting salvation through Jesus. Since I became born-again many years ago, (we've been married over 40 years), I have shared the gospel with him in the ways I was lead and thought he would possibly receive. I have been called "doom and gloom", "pie in the sky", unrealistic, idealistic, downright crazy, among many others over the years... HOWEVER, Lately and over the past few years, it seems as though he is really struggling. I can see the conflict in his thoughts and words. However, he has become almost hostile and mocking toward me. I have cried myself to sleep on many nights, not so much over the way it hurts my heart, but over my fear for his soul. He is basically a dependable, kind hearted guy (I know that won't get you to heaven), but the way he resists anything regarding Jesus and most especially the rapture is really becoming a source of anxiety and sadness for me. I will keep you and your precious husband in my prayers. Praying is the only thing I feel I can do anymore.
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

I have an unsaved husband. I have been saved 16 years....He does not believe. Says it's all a fairy tale. Our kids are both saved, praise be to Jesus! I could write a book...lol. I don't even have the energy to share more than the basics anymore....(about him I mean, not the gospel..which he has heard MANY MANY times)

Comment

My husband is RCC as well

And I am getting a much more aggressive and anti-God response now, much different than before when I mention the Rapture or Salvation.

I've now just said "Read the book of John, it's the same in your Catholic Bible as in my Bible" and am praying God gives him the desire and the "ears to hear". I tell him he has only a short time to do so before the Rapture, but he scoffs at me.

He's much more looking down his nose at me than he did before, my heart hurts for him, praying he will pay attention before it is too late.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Comment

Thank you for your replies my sisters. It makes me beyond sad as well, as he digs in his heals even more these days. I almost feel the presence of the enemy in our house as he oversees his evil mission in my family. I did convince him to go to my church last Sunday and he did. Praise the Lord!

grace-saved: my husband is also a very giving and kind hearted man but he's also convinced, especially when I push him, that's he has a good relationship with Jesus and he believes he's "OK". That means he believes he's going to heaven and who am I to judge him.

Dove10: I'm with you on the energy thing, it's so draining and it exhausts me some days. I share Truth with him and the enemy immediately turns it into a dog chasing his tail thing...we go in maddening, frustrating circles.

Grtful1: That's the exact thing my husband refuses to do, "read the Book". I've suggested, asked, begged him to open the study Bible that was given to him last year by one of the men at my church. He truly believes he just doesn't need to read or study at all. He told me this past weekend that I'm extreme in what I believe, that I've gone "too far" and that's not necessary.

I don't get crazy about it anymore, I keep praying and do my best to live out the Gospel in front of him which helps. Religious deception has to be Satan's greatest achievement since BILLIONS are blindly caught in it's evil web, especially the cult that is the RCC. Thanks for sharing and hang in there, He's coming soon.
          Last edited by SavedWretch; February 10th, 2016, 11:37 AM. Reason: added a thought
          Lord, heal me, and I will truly be healed. Save me, and I will truly be saved. You are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Comment

I believe mine is born again but he can be very hostile to my faith. A good example is calling my prayer/Bible study time a "Waste of time" and "Pointless". He is very angry at God for "being so slow about coming back" and rants constantly He asks endless, pointless, running-in-circles theological questions and gets angry when I don't have the answers, then says what's the point of me doing my God Time if I don't. He is, overall, extremely negative, verbally abusive, and exhibits few, if any, fruits of the spirit. He is constantly depressed (that, I could live with) and an alcoholic.

Yet he does a lot of witnessing and goes with me on the Bible Handouts.

God let me know his issues are just that, his issues. My job is to maintain and defend MY faith so I don't get sucked into his negativity. If I could tell you one thing, that would be it: support, maintain, and defend YOUR faith. No one else will do it for you. Work on your relationship with God and leave his relationship between him and God.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
            'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
            I get my Bibles here

Comment

My DH is a wandering RCC too, and everything you all have said is the way it is here, except he does respect my faith. The Lord has led me to not push, so I don't...........too much.
              sigpic

Comment

My husband was raised RCC as well & it has definitely been very difficult through the years at times. The anger part, I can liken to an erupting volcano, very painful to the heart especially. In fact, it was so difficult for me 18 years ago with his anger, I seperated from him, I could not take his anger any longer. He divorced me, his choice, not mine, I wanted some space & time apart only in hopes he would see what the anger part was doing. He kept in touch with me for the next year from the previous state we moved from. God had me go back to him shortly after that year & strengthened my roots with my walk with Him, it is better then it was before, but I must say, sometimes there is great persecution coming from the one person you are closest to on this earth, your spouse or are suppose to be.

Gradually he has let go of alot of the RCC rituals/false beliefs & can see alot of the deception/lies in the RCC denomination, the last time he attended a RCC church was 15 to 16 years ago. However, the hold that this denomination has over people is huge & it can take many years for some to break away & see through it, which only God can show each person that is willing. Funny thing is, my parents sent my brother & I to a parochial school, during my high school years even though we were not RCC, I was raised in a dead methodist church. But they wanted us to get a better education versus the public school system at the time & we did. When I look back, I can see how God prepared me in this area for what was coming down the road & showing me so much deception in the RCC denomination even before I gave my heart & life to Jesus, amazing how God wastes nothing, truly!

When I am full of concern & worry about his salvation, I go to The Lord in prayer & keep pressing in to trust Him with my husband's salvation as well as my stepson & brother before it's too late in time. My husband "Thinks" he is saved & says he believes in Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior, however, he never wants to read His Word or pray. He says he prays in his own way to God... Tells me don't worry about it...hard to do when you care & love someone. He also makes fun of the rapture & says he will stay with our dogs while I go, heartbreaking. He will listen to me at times when I share certain things God has shown me or is teaching me through His Word or with all that is going on around us, the rapture, etc...and he does see alot of what is going on in the world & agrees. Then at other times, he can rip my head off with anger because of how I believe & my walk with The Lord.

I have learned to always ask God to give me the strength to keep going through & to continue to trust The Lord that one day my husband will truly be saved, not just in his head, but in his heart & it will forever transform him just as it has happened to me. That he will one day have the desire to pray together & read God's Word & know the true meaning of what Jesus did for all of us. I believe God is doing a work in my husband, but it is slow & go, like a turtle moving in slow motion, yet I see progress, little by little & Give God All The Glory. I continue to ask Jesus to help me to have His heart towards my husband as well as others around me, especially in these last days we are in, some days it is very challenging to say the least, but God is always faithful, always.

One other thought, sometimes like many of us here on rr forum, we ponder about that "Last Soul", who can it be Lord? Well, what if one of our husband's are the last soul before Jesus comes back for us, just a thought to help each of us in this situation to keep looking up & to continue to have hope, trust & faith in Our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. I will be praying & lifting up all you sisters that Our Lord will continue to strengthen you so you, like myself, can keep going through & to give us a heart like Jesus towards our husbands, even on the most difficult days. Also that Jesus will touch & mend, make whole again, our broken hearts & mindsets that we have at times because of this type of environment we have & still do experience at times. In Your Mighty Name Dear Jesus, Thank You!!! For Your Glory Lord!!!

We Love Him Because He First Loved Us

1 John 4:19

Comment

Thank you Heart4Jesus, wonderful prayer. AMEN! What you described about your husband's head knowledge is my husband exactly. I know it's the RCC brainwashing...I pray my way, I don't need to read and study like you do, I'm baptized so "I'm good with God"...endless excuses. I share with my husband that we have to do it God's way, not our way that we think is right. It's pride that promotes that thinking but he believes he is humble. That deception is so deep and so strong that it truly does take YEARS to come out of it. I'm living proof as I was born into the RCC cult. It took almost 10 years for the Holy Spirit to free me. I too will for all saved wives of unsaved husbands for their salvation as well as for all deceived Catholics. There are so many!

Comment

Originally posted by SavedWretch View Post
                    Thank you Heart4Jesus, wonderful prayer. AMEN! What you described about your husband's head knowledge is my husband exactly. I know it's the RCC brainwashing...I pray my way, I don't need to read and study like you do, I'm baptized so "I'm good with God"...endless excuses. I share with my husband that we have to do it God's way, not our way that we think is right. It's pride that promotes that thinking but he believes he is humble. That deception is so deep and so strong that it truly does take YEARS to come out of it. I'm living proof as I was born into the RCC cult. It took almost 10 years for the Holy Spirit to free me. I too will for all saved wives of unsaved husbands for their salvation as well as for all deceived Catholics. There are so many!

SavedWretch, I know it is so difficult some days because of the grip this denomination has, the brainwashing is indeed very strong. But not as strong as God Almighty who sent Jesus to break these chains. I agree with you, there are so many deceived in the Catholic denomination, although I do know there are some that are Born-Again from the Catholic denomination, just not as many as our hearts would desire. Keep looking up as I am doing the same & we will believe together, that one day, these men will be free from all of these deceptions & strongholds that comes with this territory in Jesus Mighty Name!!!

We Love Him Because He First Loved Us

1 John 4:19

Comment

Originally posted by Dove10 View Post
                      Our kids are both saved, praise be to Jesus!
                      Considering your circumstances thats truly a miracle and blessing!
                      I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                      For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                      no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Originally posted by Jacinth View Post
                        Considering your circumstances thats truly a miracle and blessing!
                        It sure is! I'm blessed to have found the Lord when both my kids were very young...My unsaved husband always let me take them to church and my parents are also saved so I've had their support with helping raise them up in the Lord. They are both at the age now where if my husband brings up something about God or the Bible and he tries to turn it into negative...usually one of them pipes up and says something. I think in a round about way, it has made them really look at the difference between belief and un-belief as they were growing up. It hasn't been easy...but I am so thankful daily that my kids are at least Saved...(thank you Jesus!!) There came a time when my DH did not like my son being so involved in his youth group..but I honestly think he was a bit jealous of him having friends and a youth pastor that truly cared about him (and still do!) My husband wasn't raised in the church at all so couldn't understand the importance of being part of a youth group.

Comment

Wow, this is so crazy...and timely b/c I literally just had a crying and praying session while taking a shower this evening. I was under a spiritual attack; praying that my husband becomes the spiritual leader of the family. My husband was brought up in a Baptist home, but to this day (married 16 years) I'm not sure if he is truly saved. He is one of those "'I'm a good person/or, have you seen those so called Christians after church and how they act" kinda guys. I will start praying for all of the unsaved husbands/wives in the RR family!

Comment

Originally posted by HeatW View Post
                            Wow, this is so crazy...and timely b/c I literally just had a crying and praying session while taking a shower this evening.
                            So I'm not the only one who cries & prays in the shower! We truly are of the same heart...His. I was led to have a talk with my husband recently about being the spiritual leader of our home. It made perfect sense to me (well it was the Holy Spirit's words) but my husband didn't get it, he was too focused on being insulted and offended. Really & truly, all we can do is pray for our lost husbands, family and friends. Oh and live out God's Word in front of them so I try my best to do that daily. I'm for all the lost RR family members as well. Hugs ladies Keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SavedWretch View Post
                              So I'm not the only one who cries & prays in the shower! We truly are of the same heart...His. I was led to have a talk with my husband recently about being the spiritual leader of our home. It made perfect sense to me (well it was the Holy Spirit's words) but my husband didn't get it, he was too focused on being insulted and offended. Really & truly, all we can do is pray for our lost husbands, family and friends. Oh and live out God's Word in front of them so I try my best to do that daily. I'm for all the lost RR family members as well. Hugs ladies Keep fighting the good fight.
                              Well said....and yes, that's all we can do...It's so nice to be encouraged by other Christian ladies who are going thru similar things with their husbands. Thank you for sharing and we can lift up our husbands to the Lord together here which I feel is such a blessing!! It's a lonely walk sometimes...but I keep reminding myself the Lord Jesus is right here with me. After all He loves my DH even more than I do!

Comment

Working...
                              X