Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not really saying it is a loss of salvation is it? Or are you asking if Catholics interpret this as evidence of loss of salvation? Not sure what you are asking.
    sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

• There's at least one movement in the catholic church that is teaching that everyone goes to heaven. I once overheard an old priest sharing that... I politely interrupted, and applying his own logic I suggested that if that is the case then satan and all the other fallen angels would be able to stay in heaven too. Because of his logic, he couldn't dispute that idea... That thought did cast a cloud over his sharing

I think that individual catholic's beliefs are all over the place...
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• What verses talk about rewards at the Bema?

and why/how to show they are not speaking of a purgatory?

Comment

• purgatory is an rcc invention fundraiser. blasphemy

Comment

• 2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)
            For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad.

To me, when Paul uses "all" that definitely rules out purgatory, based on RCC beliefs. I don't think they believe everyone has to go to purgatory. Only those who weren't "good enough" in this life.

Comment

• These are verses for rewards good or bad. I Corinthians 3:12-15. There are only 2 places a person goes heaven or hell there is no in between.
              sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Lets understand purgatory.

http://www.gotquestions.org/purgatory.html

Comment

• Key Verses on Rewards: Rom. 14:10-11; 1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:9-10; 1 John 2:28; Rev. 3:11-12.

Comment

• Bema Seat issues

http://www.gotquestions.org/judgment-seat-Christ.html

Comment

• Originally posted by dittohead conservative View Post
                      and why/how to show they are not speaking of a purgatory?
                      The Bema seat is only for believers, and their rewards are based on good deeds verses bad deeds. They are saved or they would not be at this judgment on deeds. There is another judgment which is for those who rejected Jesus as their Savior. They will be at the Great White Throne Judgment.
                      sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• I do not believe in purgatory. Thanks for the verses on the Bema. I have the book called The Bema but the author does not use much scripture- its just a story....

Comment

• Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                          The Bema seat is only for believers, and their rewards are based on good deeds verses bad deeds. They are saved or they would not be at this judgment on deeds. There is another judgment which is for those who rejected Jesus as their Savior. They will be at the Great White Throne Judgment.
                          Yes,we will be in Heaven as believers that will be a Blessing in itself.But we will also be judged on things we did while we are in our Earthly bodies.Some will get rewards and will be richly Blessed while others will not.I don't know what that entails.I believe the Bible describes it as a man who barely escapes a fire with just his shirt.

Comment

• They might be re-opening Limbo because Purgatorio is getting over crowded with lawyers.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• When and where is the Bema judgement?

I didn't think I was going to find this so fast but here's an awesome sermon/teaching on this by Floyd Jones: http://www.floydnolenjones.com/Floyd...Judgement.html
                              Last edited by NoProvision; December 24th, 2012, 02:45 PM. Reason: added sermon link

Comment

• Originally posted by NoProvision View Post
                                When and where is the Bema judgement?

I didn't think I was going to find this so fast but here's an awesome sermon/teaching on this by Floyd Jones: http://www.floydnolenjones.com/Floyd...Judgement.html

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                                Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                                Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Working...
                                X