Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey Buzz, iSong and others. In debating the Apocryphal catholic books, i was shown the following link.. here are just a few of the supposed references to the books from the Bible. What now? I thought there was no reference to these Apocryphal books in our bible?

{Mod Snip} Rules 4,5,and 6 for starters...{Mod Snip}

I had said - There is no record that Christ or any of the apostles ever quoted from the Apocryphal books or that they ever made any reference to them, In the NT there are about 250 plus direct quotations from passages in the OT; yet among these there is not a single reference to the Apocryphal writings. Also, biblical scholars feel that they are many errors historically in the Apocrypha. the doctrinal/historical errors in the apocrypha are evidence against the divine inspiration of these books.

thanks.
    Last edited by Steve53; November 30th, 2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• bump for the am crew....thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dittohead conservative View Post
        bump for the am crew....thanks.
        I can also pull up books on how to conduct seances and converse with demons but that does not prove I am more spiritual and following the correct path. Catholics use white magic in their practices and will grab any proof-text to support it.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1814...ired-this-week

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?161857-Apocrypha-Books

http://www.buzzardhut.net/index/htm/catholicism.htm

http://www.buzzardhut.net/index/htm/Forever.Settled.pdf

http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n1334.cfm

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
        Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
        Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• This is all you need to witness to catholics. http://www.buzzardhut.net/Catho

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• thanks!

Comment

• hey Buzz or iSong- why do the RC say that the pretrib rapture was "invented" 200 years ago? (Darby?)- How can I show it was not? thanks.

Comment

• Saying either Darby or Margaret McDonald made up the Rapture just shows their ignorance. In addition to it being in the Bible and the early Church believing in the Blessed Hope...

...there are pre-Darby teachings on record. http://www.raptureready.com/featured/ice/ttcol.html Check out #3 and #104 for those.

In addition, #21 shows that the Rapture of the Church is not a strange concept and not the first Rapture in history. #10 goes into the differences between the Rapture and the Second Coming, sorry the chart didn't turn out but you can make it out, I'm sure.
                "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

hey Buzz or iSong- why do the RC say that the pretrib rapture was "invented" 200 years ago? (Darby?)- How can I show it was not? thanks.
                  Post-tribbers say the same.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1818...e-Trib-Rapture

http://www.buzzardhut.net/index/htm/rapture.htm

Comment

• hey guys.. i showed some of that list with previous raptures and proof of it being around a long time. The replies I am getting are that they are allegories and im misinterpreting what John really said-lol

Why do Catholics think everything (or most things) in Rev. are allegories?

Revelation is an outstanding example of the style of literature popular at the time. It is apocalyptic literature, rich in symbolism, they say.

Comment

hey guys.. i showed some of that list with previous raptures and proof of it being around a long time. The replies I am getting are that they are allegories and im misinterpreting what John really said-lol

Revelation is an outstanding example of the style of literature popular at the time. It is apocalyptic literature, rich in symbolism, they say.
                      Because that's what they choose to believe; you will find most catholics, as well as all lost people, are confused on what to really believe. Not much you can do in convincing them but by praying for them. Their eyes have to be opened by the Holy Spirit. In today's post modern post-christian society.... words do not carry very much meaning to people anymore; it's all part of the wave of grand delusion. All the convincing in the world does not get someone saved; it's by faith through the Holy Spirit, beyond the cognitive.
                      All you have to do is present God's word and the Holy Spirit does the rest, you are just the witness, state the facts and move on.

Comment

The replies I am getting are that they are allegories and im misinterpreting what John really said-lol

Because saying that prevents any argument.

In essence, saying its 'all allegories' renders that Chapter meaningless.

Ask them, 'then why include it in the primary canon if it doesnt mean anything?'.

Compare that to the supposedly 'meaningful' deuterocanon, purgatory and praying to spirits and all that, which by its very name (deuterocanon) means it is of secondary importance.

Challenge them to at least order their 'facts' sensibly. Take it from there...
                        The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                        Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                        (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                          All you have to do is present God's word and the Holy Spirit does the rest, you are just the witness, state the facts and move on.
                          Period.
                          sigpic
                          Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• 1 Corinthians 2:1-2

1 Corinthians 2:14

Titus 3:9

2 Timothy 2:23

Matthew 7:6

Matthew 10:14
                            "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

• PERSEVERANCE of the Saints? Why do Catholics argue this is about LOSS OF SALVATION?

REFORMED DOCTRINE- CHAPTER XVII-

I. They, whom God has accepted in His Beloved, effectually called, and sanctified by His Spirit, can neither totally nor finally fall away from the state of grace, but shall certainly persevere therein to the end, and be eternally saved.[1]

II. This perseverance of the saints depends not upon their own free will, but upon the immutability of the decree of election, flowing from the free and unchangeable love of God the Father;[2] upon the efficacy of the merit and intercession of Jesus Christ,[3] the abiding of the Spirit, and of the seed of God within them,[4] and the nature of the covenant of grace:[5] from all which arises also the certainty and infallibility thereof.[6]

III. Nevertheless, they may, through the temptations of Satan and of the world, the prevalency of corruption remaining in them, and the neglect of the means of their preservation, fall into grievous sins;[7] and, for a time, continue therein:[8] whereby they incur God's displeasure,[9] and grieve His Holy Spirit,[10] come to be deprived of some measure of their graces and comforts,[11] have their hearts hardened,[12] and their consciences wounded;[13] hurt and scandalize others,[14] and bring temporal judgments upon themselves.[15]

http://www.reformed.org/documents/wc...s/ch_XVII.html

Why do Catholics try to say that this is talking about losing Salvation? I believe in OSAS by the way.

Comment

• I don't know about man's doctrinal statements or philosophy, but Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 5:30, among others, settles the matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X