Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Was...A Mormon U.S. President - Could This Fit Into Prophecy?) Now is LDS a Cult?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyHye View Post
    Mormons have crafted their religion in such a way that they can say things on the surface which will make Christians think they are also Christians. Underneath it, however, are beliefs which change the reality of what they are claiming.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Jesus is their Lord and Savior and believe that faith in Christ is necessary for salvation.
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is not the same as God the Father, he is a separate god, not as high as "Heavenly Father". Jesus is the spirit-brother to all humans and Lucifer, we were all 'born' in the "pre-existence" to Heavenly Father and one of his many goddess-wives.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Salvation is by Faith in Jesus and His Death and Suffering
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Salvation is by faith "after all we can do", in other words, first you need to do all you can in works, and THEN to cover the rest of what you are unable to earn, faith in Jesus is necessary. Faith in Jesus is worthless if you didn't work first to do "all you can do". Also, Jesus paid for our sins by suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, and also a little bit by his death on the cross, but mostly from suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane.

WHAT THEY TELL YOU: Heavenly Father is the One True God
    WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU: Jesus is actually another true god who is lower in status than Heavenly Father. Also, while Heavenly father is OUR One True God, he was once a man like us, who earned his godhood through the magickal rites of mormonism, and before him his one true god was also a man once, etc. Also, we can all become One True Gods of our own planets, but we will never be gods to our Heavenly Father.
    "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety,
    so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached,
    or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel,
    which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

2 Corinthians 11:3, 4

Comment

Originally posted by C. Little View Post
      Everyone seems to think that Romney has a pretty good shot at the White House. Have any of you thought how this could fit into prophecy? If the rapture occurs, a mormon president would not be raptured. How would he explain this that would fit into his beliefs?

Just a thought that occurred to me as I was watching the news this morning.
      How do you know he would not be raptured? If he has accepted Jesus into his heart.. then he will be raptured.

Comment

Originally posted by celticmist138 View Post
        How do you know he would not be raptured? If he has accepted Jesus into his heart.. then he will be raptured.
        The Mormon Jesus is not Christ. He is not the Savior.
        Mormonism is another Gospel, a perverted Gospel.
        There is no salvation found there.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety,

"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into
        the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but
        there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
        But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto
        you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
        As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other
        gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."
        Galatians 1:6 - 9

Comment

Originally posted by ATYCLB View Post
          The Mormon Jesus is not Christ. He is not the Savior.
          Mormonism is another Gospel, a perverted Gospel.
          There is no salvation found there.

Then why do they have a photo of Jesus and the 12 Disciples on one wall .. with Joe and his bros on the other side? I think they do believe in Jesus... but they believe Jesus visited Joey in a vision.

Comment

Originally posted by me go! View Post
            but Paul warned the church at Galatia about adhering to another other gospel, even if it were brought to them by an angel from Heaven. .
            Abba...

What verse is this in Galatians? I have not read it this way before. Not germane to this thread, but how interesting! As you may be well aware of, the Koran was brought to Muhammad by the "Angel Jabril (Gabriel)" At least that is how he identified himself upon delivery thereof. Obviously, by extension... that would be a direct warning about the future (to the time the Book of Galations would have recorded this) advent of Islam.

Thanx in advance.

Widowsmyte

Comment

Originally posted by CHRISTinCheryl View Post
              THANK YOU FOR BOLDLY SPEAKING THE TRUTH
              ITS A CULT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE

.......... JohnnyHye........ Poured out about a 5 gallon bucket of salt on that one.......

............. Preach it Brother.......

He will not get my vote.......

Comment

I will say this. We have a mormon church in our neighborhood, and at Christmas we were walking by with the kids, and saw a sign in front of their church to come in and see the elaborate Manger they had assembled inside the church. Since it was Christmas time we thought we would take our kids in to look at it. After all the kids were very small and wouldn't know they were in a mormon temple and not in a Christian church - they could just see baby Jesus in the manger. Anyway, when we walked in, my wife and I both got this horrible feeling that swept over us. It was this heavy weird sensation that scared us both to death. Neither one of us mentioned it, we just both looked at each other and said lets get out if here. I can't explain what a weird feeling it was. We literally nearly ran out of the building. Plus, they had all their bulletin boards hidden behind sheets like they were trying to hide something.

I really diddn't mean for this to turn into a discussion on mormons, but how a mormon president would explain the rapture. If I'm not mistaken and Johny Hye might be able to shed light on this, but I thought they had some alien beliefs as well. However, I might be mistaking that with Scientology.

Comment

Originally posted by celticmist138
                  Then why do they have a photo of Jesus and the 12 Disciples on one wall
                  That doesn't really mean anything.

Dan Brown has pictures of Jesus and the 12 on his website. That doesn't
                  mean he believes in Jesus.

I think they do believe in Jesus... but they believe Jesus visited Joey in a vision.
                  Here's a good place to do some studying:
                  http://www.carm.org/mormon.htm

Especially here:
                  http://www.carm.org/lds/lds_doctrines.htm

Here are a couple of things to ponder:
                  • The book of Mormon is more correct than the Bible, (History of the Church, 4:461.)

• Jesus' sacrifice was not able to cleanse us from all our sins, (murder and repeated adultery are exceptions), (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 3, p. 247, 1856.)

• Good works are necessary for salvation, (Articles of Faith, p. 92.)

• There is no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of God, (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, p. 188.)

• God used to be a man on another planet, Mormon Doctrine, p. 321. Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, Vol 5, pp. 613-614; Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, Vol 2, p. 345, Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 333.)

• God resides near a star called Kolob, (Pearl of Great Price, pages 34-35; Mormon Doctrine, p. 428.)

Comment

Originally posted by Widowsmyte View Post
                    What verse is this in Galatians?

Comment

I rented a house for 2 yrs from a mormon lady...She was the most self rightious person I ever EVER met, she would tell me to re read my bible if I diagreed with her on any issues...Oh I learned more about mormons during that time, than I ever thought I would...everything thats been mentioned about there beliefs is true...I also know they seek glory from good works, and as a measure of worthiness...They also believe if they are good enough mormons they will become there own god, just as they believe God is, or was just a good mormon who acheved god status...I bet theres a TON of fellow mormons backing him money and prayers, could you imagine a women who gets herself bound to the prez of the USA??? I bet she sees it as a shoe in on her own heaven princess status....(the men bind themseleves to their wiveS so that when they die should it be at a seperate time, they end up together still, kinda reminds me of the virgins waiting for the suicide bomber!)
                      I have no doubt that who ever God allows to be the next prez will do His will, just like Clinton and carter and the Bushs and everyone else who has ever held the office...
                      God is ruler over all , even the kings and prez that don't seek Him...
                      So as long as I am here on earth,all I really want is a good bible belt, evangelical, no nonsense right wing conservative in the white house, and capital hill.....:cloud9 Hey a girl can dream right??

I mean we saw how hard satan tried to undo God's will with all those stupid recounts....and Still God's will , be done....

But, all that said, doesn't mean romney isn't a decent person...
                      My husband worked for a company for 13 yrs, the founding owners, who are now on their 3rd generation running the company, are mormons, and really good people, and it is a really great company to work for, its a fortune 500 company, and its international..it was the best company we've ever been with...you might be surprised to know who the company is, its Marriott...
                      My husband has met Mr Marriott on several occasions and he is just a good honest down to earth guy...Its really a shame his beliefs are so grounded in the mormon church...
                      So Romney may very well be a great guy, and possibly a great prez
                      (I wouldn't vote for him but it doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good leader)
                      Besides, honestly I think its way to early to make a prediction

Comment

Who says it is a cult?

I know what they are all about... just throwing these out to ponder on really. What we might think as a "cult" is not in fact a "cult" to our heavenly Father. Just because many follow the "doctrines" that have come out of parts of the Holy Bible and mixed with man's idea , ... who's to say its all correct? ONLY the Father knows!!!!

The LDS claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they do profess that right next to the Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, AOG, Mennonite... Amish... etc. Who is man to say it is a cult...? What makes them a "cult"? Really what is the difference in Joe Smith, John Calvin, Charles Russell, Ellen White, Robert Mills?
                        Last edited by CelticMist; June 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM.

Comment

The LDS claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior,
                          If Jesus' sacrifice wasn't able to cleanse us from all our sins,
                          He really isn't much of a Lord and Savior.

If good works are necessary for salvation, what point is there
                          in having a Lord and Savior?

What makes them a "cult"?
                          Their denial of the deity of Christ does it for me.

Where's your line?

Comment

Celticmist, it is definately a cult. Everything everyone has said about Mormons is true. My step-mother and my dad converted to Mormonism many years ago. One other thing I didn't see mentioned is that they believe they can pray someone, who has already died, into Heaven. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to go near a Mormon Church, much less go in one.

C.Little, I have heard the same thing you said about the horrible feeling you had when you went into a Mormon Church from others. I have also heard that it just feels like an evil presence fills the place.

Comment

Definately a cult. Completely unbiblical. They are LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by celticmist138 View Post
                                Who says it is a cult?

I know what they are all about... just throwing these out to ponder on really. What we might think as a "cult" is not in fact a "cult" to our heavenly Father. Just because many follow the "doctrines" that have come out of parts of the Holy Bible and mixed with man's idea , ... who's to say its all correct? ONLY the Father knows!!!!

The LDS claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they do profess that right next to the Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, AOG, Mennonite... Amish... etc. Who is man to say it is a cult...? What makes them a "cult"? Really what is the difference in Joe Smith, John Calvin, Charles Russell, Ellen White, Robert Mills?
                                No offense, but how is believeing you could do good deeds to the point that you could good deed yourself into your own universe that you are god over...not a cult???
                                There jesus, is spirit brothers with satan....thats NOT the same Jesus who is the Son of God...
                                How is NOT believeing the in The Trinity as soild truth anything but a cult???
                                it may seem like a harsh title cuz when we think cult we think Waco texas or heavens gate...but this is the most kind of dangerous cult...its so close to the truth it appears truthful enough to believe.....
                                and sorry, but while I do not worship calvin or any other teacher of doctrines...to my knowledge they haven't taught total blasphemy...

Comment

Working...
                                X