Catholics Come Home Commercial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholics Come Home Commercial

I've been seeing these commercials on Tv, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs6qZ...eature=related
    Has anyone else seen these? What are we getting from these commercials?
    I see a real movement to the one world religion, anyone else have comments or concerns?

Down economy, indulgences are suffering, non-profit margins are slim........

What do you do? Marketing!
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
    sigpic

Comment

Yes it seems like there was a thread about this awhile back.
      I hate those commercials.

According to 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 we are to tell people to come "home" to a Person, namely Jesus, not a fallible organization.
      I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
      For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
      no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

I am sitting at my computer and the advertizement for Catholics to come home just played, what bothers me is their claim that it's the 'church' Jesus started and peter was the first pope, come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheprdboi View Post
          I am sitting at my computer and the advertizement for Catholics to come home just played, what bothers me is their claim that it's the 'church' Jesus started and peter was the first pope, come on...
          Wasn't it the Apostle Paul who took the gospel to the Gentiles and Peter only preached to the Jews? As far as I'm aware the Catholic Church is from a gentile background and started in ROME so that would mean they are not the first Church. I'm just pointing out some inconsistencies in their logic.

Not to mention Peter never went to Rome.

The first Church if started by Peter would have been based in Jerusalem and mainly consist of saved Jews NOT in ROME with mainly gentiles.

Just saying their claim about Peter doesn't hold water with me either.

Comment

James was the "head" of the church in Jerusalem, Peter took issues to James the the rest of the leaders there; Peter can be clearly shown via scripture not to be the head of the church.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

the vatican has to push the Peter is :falsep because of this passage:

Matthew 16:17-19

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
              They make Peter the "rock" and not his profession regarding Jesus.

Who cares if it's on shaky ground, if "The Church" says it, then it must be so.
              There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

It's man's tradition so it HAS to right...right? Even if it contradicts scripture...right?

I really don't see how some beliefs persist despite the evidence.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Kliska View Post
                  It's man's tradition so it HAS to right...right? Even if it contradicts scripture...right?

I really don't see how some beliefs persist despite the evidence.

The willful mutilation necessary to make Revelation fit the preterist view is impressive and sad at the same time.
                  There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

Marketing....

When a corporation is in financial and strategic trouble one of the first moves they go for is brand recognition and marketing to their base.
                    The U.S. RCC is seeing a shift in their demographic that has bad vibes to the head Poobah. Not only is ther aging base of solid attendees dwindling but it is being usurped by a new generation that doesn't look like it will follow Rome with the same ferver.

Sex scandles, dead theology devoid of spiritual reality, traditions of men not pointing to Jesus, shrinking base of traditional devotees, expository teaching that contradicts Rome readily available, lack of contemporary media with a Jesus centered message, Preisthood shortage, Parish closing/merging,
                    Yup dead.

Somebody bury this thing!

Jeff
                    Last edited by Xenosjeff; December 27th, 2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: SP

Comment

The grand stampede Home to Rome is a myth.

. . . the Pew Research report, Faith in Flux: Changes in Religious Affiliation in the U.S. tells the real story:

One in ten Americans is an exCatholic.

For every convert to the Catholic Church, four walk out the back door.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
                        That is good news indeed!

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
                        For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

Praise the Lord! Prayers are being answered!

Comment

The grand stampede Home to Rome is a myth.

. . . the Pew Research report, Faith in Flux: Changes in Religious Affiliation in the U.S. tells the real story:

Not to mention every God hating atheist I have ever talked to almost everyone of them came from a catholic background, the furthest thing to true christianity these people were ever exposed to was man made traditions and dead religion promoted by the catholic church... The catholic church has shut the door of the kingdom of God to millions by their false teachings.

Comment

Not to mention every God hating atheist I have ever talked to almost everyone of them came from a catholic background...
                              My husband's family was Catholic. Not super so, more lip service than not, but still. Somewhere in his teens he woke up and realized that he was being fed a pack of lies. The problem is, because of it, he refuses to believe that there is a God.

He is not God hating, it is more like power-grubbing-religion-hating, and pities those of us who "need the crutch" of believing in God. I told him that he is throwing out the baby with the bath water, but while he says that deep inside him there is a small part that wants to believe, he prides himself on being "rational", and short of (can touch-it, feel-it, see-it) proof, he won't believe.

(As with the previous poster, I have also known other atheists who came out of the Catholic Church - though I can't say that they are rabidly God hating. But this atheism does have a way of spreading... right now my dd says that she is an "agnostic" (she hasn't made up her mind) and this is in part thanks to her father's stance.)

Please pray for my husband (and dd!), and all of these atheists, and those whom they influence, that they may find Jesus and be saved.

Comment

Working...
                              X