Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Understanding Islam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding Islam

Wow. A missionary to ME countries shared part if his family's ministry. I gained some new insight to muslim culture and thought.

One of the most astounding items is their dualistic beliefs. Where we may pride ourselves on the logical and hold that 2 contradicting things can't both be true, either one is false or both are false,

In muslim thought, it is perfectly acceptible that two things can be true even if they contradict.

This is not to say the Christian perspective that God cannot lie, is not a sound defense, but that He cannot lie does challange precieved notions of claims of Biblical contradiction.

However, to stare into the face of bold obvious truth and proclaim the lie "another truth" is not someting I have found outside of cults and religions like islam.

Another aspect is the elevation of Honor above truth. Even sacrificing to a lie, facts that otherwise would condemn the misbelief is acceptible if it preserves the Honor of the family/faith.

This may explain the violent reaction to facts that impeach or discredit Islam. To even suggest something that slandars the message or its prophet is just unbearable.

A religion with one book, shrouded in arabic, untranslatable (anything other than arabic is subject to corruption). Domineering, unquestionable, promising compassion to those who go from ignorance to undrstanding the "true faith" and then imprisoning, beating, murdering all other unbelievers, witha special death sentance on those who leave the faith....

Is it a wonder it is so difficult to witness to muslims.

They desprately need our compassion and prayers.

Looking forward to our next study where witnessing tools will be shared.
    Last edited by Wally; June 23rd, 2010, 02:33 PM.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
    sigpic

Islam really is a cult. It has always been spread through a combination of coercion and violence. It spread through favoritism in trade, and if that didn't work, murder did and still does. As to Arabic being untranslatable, thats a lie too. I have heard stories not just of killing over conversion, but killing, especially a daughter, over refusing a father's or husband's demands. Efforts are being made to reach muslims, but there's only so far anyone will get. I've been reading Voice Of The Martyrs for over 6 years now, and muslims are far and away the worst, most violent and most persistent persecuters of Christians wanting only to live in peace.

Comment

Just to clairfy, I did not meant to say you cound not translate arabic, but once a Koran is rendered in any other language, it is susceptible to corruption and error. Any true understanding must be from the original arabic......

Even then many simply memorize the arabic and never study the meanings in thier own tongue.

That's like having GPS and absolutely no understanding of latitude and longitude, let alone compass headings.......
      Last edited by Wally; June 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM.
      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

sigpic

Comment

In muslim thought, it is perfectly acceptible that two things can be true even if they contradict.
        That's insanity. Is it any wonder though, that religion (and all false religions) was founded by the "father of lies".

Comment

They desperately need our compassion and prayers.

Looking forward to our next study where witnessing tools will be shared.
          I'm looking forward to your sharing them with us too!

Comment

I actually own a book with that title. Copyright 1987

I found it hysterical, in the glossary, a "baraq" is described as a being with body of a horse, winged, with the FACE OF A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, WITH COSMETICS, JEWELRY, AND LONG, FLOWING HAIR. I almost choked to death on my snack.

One important thing I have picked up; much of the Koran's teaching on Jesus is completely ripped off and adulterated New Testament, one reason I am always happy to hand them a New Testament if they are willing (never had a refusal).

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
            'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
            I get my Bibles here

Comment

Not meaning to be an Islam apologist whatsoever, but I read in a Hebrew Roots book long ago - but this particular thing still may be true - that it's a Middle Eastern thing, even ancient Israel. The Western world thinks in a linear way, first this thing, building on that we have this thing, then this... We tend to be logical in a step-by-step way.

The Eastern way of thought is not so much like that. The book called it, instead of linear logic, "block logic". A cluster of things/thoughts are true even if to the Western mind some appear to be opposite concepts.

I think perhaps an example of this could be the hundreds of years the Western mind struggled with two concepts in the Bible regarding salvation - God's sovereignty and man's free will/responsibility. From that we have developed Calvinism and Arminianism that seem to be two opposite schools of thought that claiming to base their ideas on Scripture.

The Eastern mind has not so struggled, as their brains can more easily process that both God's sovereignty and man's responsibility are true.

That's the theory anyway.
              "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Int-rest-ting. Thanks ISong.

I think you agree, muslims have great faith - just severely misplaced.

I know a few "christians' who know "truth" but have no faith. The yea, but I can't believe.... times have changed....., doesn't quite apply nowdays.....types.

sigpic

Comment

My short answer....

I learned all I needed to know about Islam on 9/11.

Comment

You know, my big thought on 9/11 (after the obvious NUKE 'EM!), was deep and abiding respect for Israel. They never know when they send their kid to school, if that kid will be at the dinner table that night.

If Mom or the kids go to the mall, they might not come back. They have lived with DOZENS of 9/11's and we just kept telling them to suck it up. When it happened to us...

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Comment

I understand the sentiments, and surely Israel has gained much wisdom in dealing with the muslims - they understand a good clubbing and that's about all......

But,

think of the millions trapped in islam. Having no proper knowledge of Jesus, fearing death or at least ostricization by an entire society. It is a leap of faith I don't think we Christians fully appreciate.

Hopefully I can gain some more insight to share on better ways to witness and minister to muslims. They are coming here in great numbers - the fields are white unto harvest - right here in the US.
                      Last edited by Wally; June 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Islam can be traced back to the Tower of Babel. It is a perverted type of Baal worship, as are most ancient religions...be they the Incas, Myans, Celts, Nordic, the Chinese religions, the African religions most are based on the worship of the moon god and a fertility goddess. Satan started the religion of Baal (or Bel) at Babel and hasn't changed his tactics, only the name. In Isaiah 14:12 the word translated Lucifer in the King James Bible is the Hebrew word Heyel, the Arabic translation of this would be "crescent moon", sound familiar? The word translated ornaments worn by the Midians in Judges 8: 21 & 26 is the Hebrew word "saharon" and means "like the crescent moon". John of Damascus (676 - 749 AD) was involved in the caliphate, he wrote about Islam saying :"These were idolaters and reverenced the morning star and Aphrodite who they named Akbar in their own language, which means great." He also said "Aphrodite is actually Allat the feminine root of the name Allah." Even the Greek historian Herodotus considered Allah the equivalent of Aphrodite, he said: "The Assyrians called Aphrodite Alitta and the Arabians call her Allat". Muslims bow down 5 times a day to the Kaaba. The Kaaba was built over a meteorite which fell from the sky. The Muslims believed this meteorite was Allah and Allat coming to dwell among men. Herodotus said the Arabians believed so strongly that the meteorite was Allah and Allat that they named their children after them. Nehemiah 2:19-20 tells about the resistance Nehemiah encountered while trying to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. The Arab who tried to stop him was named Sanballat, named for this goddess. Same religion, same source, just different version. Satan is cunning and extremely intelligent, but he hasn't changed his plan. Mohammed himself said he received the Koran from the "illuminated one", the same one that appears as an "angel of light". If you study Muslim eschatology you will discover that the devil takes God's plan and tries to turn it upside down. The Muslims believe that Jesus will return and point everyone to the Mahdi to worship. But Isaiah 46 tells us when Jesus returns Bel will bow the knee to Him. Maranatha ya'll!

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                          I understand the sentiments, and surely Israel has gained much wisdom in dealing with the muslims - they understand a good clubbing and that's about all......

But,

think of the millions trapped in islam. Having no proper knowledge of Jesus, fearing death or at least ostricization by an entire society. It is a leap of faith I don't think we Christians fully appreciate.

Hopefully I can gain some more insight to share on better ways to witness and minister to muslims. They are coming here in great numbers - the fields are white unto harvest - right here in the US.
                          God bless you Wally for being able to look at those people through eyes of love, in spite of their many sins. We all really need this example, I know I do. The little I know about Muslims who have come to Christ comes mostly from Voice Of The Martyrs, and if you really want to witness to Muslims yourself, it would be very useful to contact them directly. That being said, Islam is extremely legalistic and judgemental, so the key thing muslims respond to is the idea of forgiveness and love. Its not going to be enough to try telling them this, its going to be necessary to show them what you mean by having them over for dinner, maybe lending a hand when something around the house or on the car breaks, and being careful to respect their women (ie men never address another man's wife, and probably not his mother or MIL, and absolutely not his daughter). Women can talk to women, but men talk to men, they're very strict about that. Hope those snips help. God bless you Wally, thanks for the example.

Comment

Not to be pessimistic, but I expect few muslims to even listen. But I am moved to think of then not as muslims, but people under the bondage of islam. The very teaching of satan. But the witness can't just be an attack on their faith, it must include an understanding of who and what those believers are.

Understanding tradition, family, social norms. That study can give us some insight on the willingness to remain bonded to islam. Even to the point of accepting lies or one-sided arguments without any investigation.

I do know many muslims consider Bible Christians as Paulists. They consider Paul a heretic. That makes it all the more important to know ALL Scripture. Especially Isaiah, Moses, as well as John.

My brief study of the koran and its obvious errors only confounded me more as to why people would believe muhammod - besides having a gun to their head. I hope to learn more abour their culture and in the light of more muslims immigrating to the US, it becomes all the more important to learn how to witness to them right here.

Althought I pray for more muslims to explore RR - Apologetics, I sense many who would normally dare, are still scared to death. And it's not just the ideoligical threats, but the loss of family - friends (I think) that scares them the most.

sigpic

Comment

Wally, I get the Voice of the Martyrs newsletter and just got one on Nigeria.

It is common in West African countries for families to give "extra" boys to the Imams to raise. They are literally brainwashed from 4-5 years old, forced to study Koran and "Hadith" (traditions), then beg on the street. They give whatever they "earn" to Imam and then get some food back.

It's really heartbreaking.

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
                              X