This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    Please don't try and change what I said. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God created the egg and yet you build a doctrine from it.
    I have noticed in the past posts how you dance around the questions. It is rather tiring.
    Lets get specific: In his sermon Paradox (64-0206B) Branham says:

" Elisabeth said that she was kind of worried. She said, "Because it's six months now, and the baby hadn't moved." That's irregular. See? Baby is practically, what we call today, "dead," (See?) as good as dead in his mother's womb. Six months, It troubled her.

And as soon as she said, "Jesus," little John begin to leap in his mother's womb. He received the Holy Ghost. The Bible said he was born from his mother's wombs full of the Holy Ghost." The first time that Name was ever called out of a human lip, a dead baby came to life in the womb of a mother.

194 John, dead six months in his mother's womb come to life, through the Name of Jesus Christ, the first time it was ever spoke by human lip, show that dead men would come to life by the Name of Jesus Christ."

Please show me which scripture says that John was dead or did not move for 6 months in her womb.

Further on Branham says this:

"When Jesus was standing there, and upon the shores of Galilee, John looked up and he saw the Spirit of God, like a dove, descending, and a voice saying, "This is My beloved Son in Whom I'm pleased to dwell in." "In Whom I'm pleased to dwell," the same thing: verb before the adverb is all. See, see? "This is My beloved Son in Whom I am pleased to dwell in." God and man becoming One, uniting together for redemption."

The word "pleased" in Greek is "eudokeo" and according to Strong's Concordance this word means ' good pleasure' to be well pleased' to think it good"
    Please show me the scripture that says "pleased to dwell in"

Moving on Branham says:
    "He was born virgin birth. He wasn't the blood of a Jew; neither was He a Gentile."

Scripture please?

Yet later Branham says:

"And this little Boy, twelve-year-old Child, no wisdom at all, why, but just a twelve-year-old Boy... The Father didn't dwell in Him at that time, because He come on the day when He baptized Him; he saw the Spirit of God coming down (See?), and went in Him. But look, this little twelve-year-old Boy, being the Word; He was born the anointed One (See?), to be the anointed. And here He was. "Know ye not that I must be about My Father's business?"

Could you show me the scripture that shows that God did not "dwell" in this boy?

The test for truth is through scripture, so please supply these in order to test if Branham speaks the truth, and please make sure it is specific scripture for the following:
    1. John was dead in Elizabeth's womb for 6 months.
    2. This is my beloved Son, in whom I am pleased to dwell.
    3. He was not the blood of a Jew.
    4. Jesus was just a boy without the Spirit of God.
    1. What else was John if he wasn't moving like he was supposed to. I have never heard of a baby still alive but not moving for 6 months.

2. What is the difference between dwell and dwell in. They both mean the same thing. "in who I am pleased to dwell"meaning He is in Him. "in who I am pleased to dwell in" meaning He is in Him. No dif.

3. Never did Jesus claim he was Jew or Gentile. Said when you have seen the Father you have seen Me. He was God, so he couldn't be Jew or Gentile.

4. Branham is saying normally a twelve year old boy has no wisdom, but Jesus did. Jesus begans to claim the Father in Him after the Spirit comes down and says "this is My Son in whom I am pleased to dwell in". Until that time we don't no anything else about his childhood, only the time He speaks with the elders. What Branham is saying is that Christ had not come to His full commision until the Father identifies Him when He met Him as he was being baptized. You know how you are promised to recieve the Holy Ghost after your baptized, which is God in Spirit form? Remember God was still human. The body of Jesus had to reach His full maturaty to fulfill Gods will. He couldn't do it when He was a boy.

I don't understand what you ment by me dancing around your questions. I answered them. I didn't avoid them.

Comment

• I ask you for scripture and you can not even supply one, not even one.

Please, please show me the verse where it even uses the word"dwell" in Matthew 17: 5. You have been so brainwashed that you are seeing words that are not there and that is exactly what Branham succeeded in doing - brianwashing.

You are obviously here to try and spread your false doctrines. I feel sorry for you.

1Cr 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
      Last edited by CountryBumpkin; May 30th, 2007, 04:46 PM. Reason: Adding scripture

Comment

• Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
        Now since your saying Christ had the blood of a Jew your making Joseph his father.

When the angel said concieved, Christ was already in the womb. Nothing about the egg. Just that Christ was in the womb of Mary now.
        You are denying Jesus His birthright, and consequently His messiahship by these crazy notions.

Please read the following carefully;

"Matthew begins with Abraham, the "Father" of the Jewish nation, then follows the line through David the King. Each individual that Matthew lists is of royal lineage. This gives evidence of the royal blood line of Jesus.

As Matthew continues to follow the line from David to Christ, Matthew traces the lineage through Jesus' earthly father, Joseph. This, too, indicates that Matthew is writing to the Jewish people. During first century times, if a Jewish man adopted a son, that son receives the father's lineage. Therefore, according to Jewish tradition, Jesus would be given the legal genealogy of his adopted father, but a child "jewishness" came from his mother (The Law aka: Halacha)"

"In Luke's account of the genealogy of Christ, it is my opinion, that Luke traces Christ's ancestry through his mother, Mary. I say this because Luke only mentions Joseph to identify who Christ was. "As was supposed the son of Joseph," (3:23). The genealogy of Luke and the genealogy of Matthew agree exactly with the line between Abraham and David. From David to Mary in Luke, or from David to Joseph in Matthew, the lineage changes. Only three times do the two different accounts mention the same names, Shealtiel, Zerubbabel, and possibly Matthat (Matthan in Matthew). This can be explained very easily. Mary and Joseph were first cousins.

Only in the twentieth century has this form of union become a taboo."

From here: http://www.abecedarian.org/Pages/Lineage.htm

For a biblical confirmation of the last sentence (and that Mary and Joseph were couzins) see; Numbers 36 (all).

Comment

• GodsLove, I encourage you to visit a website that belongs to an ex - follower of the message. Read his testimony and those of many others on his forum.
          http://people.delphiforums.com/JohnK63/home.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by CountryBumpkin View Post

I ask you for scripture and you can not even supply one, not even one.

Please, please show me the verse where it even uses the word"dwell" in Matthew 17: 5. You have been so brainwashed that you are seeing words that are not there and that is exactly what Branham succeeded in doing - brianwashing.

You are obviously here to try and spread your false doctrines. I feel sorry for you.

1Cr 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

That verse doesn't say dwell. I thought it did. Well, I guess it was a mistake he made. Like I said he was human, he made mistakes, but not when God was working through him.

Thats one thing those who oppose his ministry do is find any little off the wall mistake to try to disprove everything he said.

I am not trying to spread false doctrine. I really do try my best to live for Christ. I would never purposly try to blind or decieve anyone. I am afraid you just don't understand. You find all these small mistakes to prove some point. For those reading these posts, the best you can do is study what Branham preached for yourself. I don't even know every bit of what he said and have a long way to go, but looking into it won't hurt because if your a child of God, he aint gonna decieve you

But I really do find this whole argument pointless especially because of the things you are choosing to argue over. I give up trying to explain. I see it is doing no good. Have a nice day!

Comment

That verse doesn't say dwell. I thought it did.
              This speaks volumes.

Comment

• By the way I'm 16.

I found this website somehow and saw the post about Branham. Thought I would give my comment that I believe the trinity is false. Amazing how fired up people get over the trinity. Sometimes they seem more patient to explain to someone about Christ if someone don't believe in Him, but if a person says something against their trinity whoah. Watch out! They'll almost kill you. haha. Strange wouldn't you say? I got college to do and have already wasted a lot of time. Laterz!

Comment

• hi -Godslove- godslove here....you certainly are feisty like i am.
                  i would advise you though to search the Scriptures for the answers not some prophet whoever he may be. as far as the Trinity there are many Scriptures that would indicate that it's the way it is. lets start with this...God bless.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
                  2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
                  3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
                  4 ΒΆ And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
                  5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
                  6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                  7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
                  8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
                  9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Comment

By the way I'm 16.

I found this website somehow and saw the post about Branham. Thought I would give my comment that I believe the trinity is false. Amazing how fired up people get over the trinity. Sometimes they seem more patient to explain to someone about Christ if someone don't believe in Him, but if a person says something against their trinity whoah. Watch out! They'll almost kill you. haha. Strange wouldn't you say? I got college to do and have already wasted a lot of time. Laterz!
                    Is that supposed to represent a rebuttal to the patient teachings that have been presented to you?

Here, allow me to reply in kind....since thus far in this thread, no one has done anything like what your accusing them of;

I saw this thread about Branham and came here and saw this comment about the Trinity, thought I'd respond and try and explain what seemed to be lacking in his doctrine and knowledge. YIKES! Next thing I knew I was in a conversation with a person who believed in a man, more than he believed Gods word. Who knew more about what a man had said, than what Jesus had said. Amazing how fired up people get when you show their so called "prophet" for what he is by using his own words to illustrate what a deciever he is....they don't know what to say, and just attack the people, because they can't say anything against the truth of what they've just heard. Sad, really.

There ya go, now your silly comment isn't a load of fertilizer anymore.

Comment

• -GodsLove- we do our best around here to defend Jesus Christ and the Word of God. You're not going to find alot of folks here defending much more than that. So if you want to have discussions about Scripture and living a life according to the Word of God rather than the word of some guy, welcome. If not, this place might not be a good fit for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X