Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

William Branham?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    My cousin gave me some little blue William Branham books to read several yrs. ago. I was curious why they followed his teachings, so I read some.....I was amazed that W. Branham's pride was not noticed by followers. I remember one story in the book about a man in Branham's town who openly talked against W.B being a prophet/healer. Later that same man's wife became terminally ill and there was no hope given to her by the drs. In a moment of desperation, the man called for W.B. in a last hope of her being healed.story goes on to say that Mr W.B. spread his fingers over his chest and said, "who me?" " he wants ME to heal his wife?" (sarcasm)...."but I am not a prophet or a healer".......he was clearly mocking this poor man who was desperate enough to call on a "faith healer" & that is NOT the fruit of the spirit, imo. That was just one of many red flags as I read the books....I couldn't even finish them....there were claims that he would become sick only because the healings he performed took all of the health and energy out of him. ...claims that he was there when Moses parted the sea,.....many things he said revealed that the fruit of the spirit was not operating in him.

    I later read a book by a man who worked the faith healing rallies with Branham. He became aware that Branham was false when many of the family members would call extremely angry that their "healed" family member had died after being proclaimed healed. He talked about how callous Branham was to them and uncaring.....about the excuses, and how Branham avoided and left town from those whose lives had been ruined by his supposed "healings". Lots more strange stuff about demons and angels tormenting him throughout his life. I was sick when I read that stuff. I truly pray that the Lord delivers people out of this cult. DLee

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
      Yes I believe Jesus was fully God in a man.

      No. I believe God created the egg just as he did the sperm. Jesus couldn't have had a biological mother because he was God and God is eternal. And for Mary to have produced the egg would mean that there had to be a sexual act and there wasn't it was the Holy Spirit overshadowing.
      GodsLove, this is why I say that you deny the deity of Jesus. Please read LaMontre's post above.

      Jesus had to born of the seed of a woman or he could not be the Messiah.

      William Branham says in Tape Oneness (62-0211)

      "He can't have a mother. Jesus was not even anything to Mary, but He was just... She was an incubator that hatched Him."
      Well, they always believed, and I had an idea of it myself years ago that the--the immaculate conception was that God overshadowed her and put a blood cell in there, but the egg come from the woman. If the egg come from the woman, there has to come a sensation to bring the egg through the tube to the womb. See what you do with God? You make Him in a sexual mess. God, Who created the blood cell, created the egg also... Doctor, there has to be both male and female pollen. That's right. "

      Does this sound right to you?
      That our almighty God who created heaven and earth and all in it, could not cause Mary'y egg(seed) to be fertilized by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit by way of a supernatural conception?

      The Bible does not say Mary was an incubator, does it? The Bible does not state that God created the egg, does it? So who do you listen to, a man or God's Word? Please, please pray about this. God, in His infinite wisdom did not violate the laws of nature that He had originally designed, to bring our Redeemer into the world, instead He put it to higher service.


      Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

      William Branham is saying that God did not end His work, He was still creating thousands of years later.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Teacup View Post
        My cousin gave me some little blue William Branham books to read several yrs. ago. I was curious why they followed his teachings, so I read some.....I was amazed that W. Branham's pride was not noticed by followers. I remember one story in the book about a man in Branham's town who openly talked against W.B being a prophet/healer. Later that same man's wife became terminally ill and there was no hope given to her by the drs. In a moment of desperation, the man called for W.B. in a last hope of her being healed.story goes on to say that Mr W.B. spread his fingers over his chest and said, "who me?" " he wants ME to heal his wife?" (sarcasm)...."but I am not a prophet or a healer".......he was clearly mocking this poor man who was desperate enough to call on a "faith healer" & that is NOT the fruit of the spirit, imo. That was just one of many red flags as I read the books....I couldn't even finish them....there were claims that he would become sick only because the healings he performed took all of the health and energy out of him. ...claims that he was there when Moses parted the sea,.....many things he said revealed that the fruit of the spirit was not operating in him.

        I later read a book by a man who worked the faith healing rallies with Branham. He became aware that Branham was false when many of the family members would call extremely angry that their "healed" family member had died after being proclaimed healed. He talked about how callous Branham was to them and uncaring.....about the excuses, and how Branham avoided and left town from those whose lives had been ruined by his supposed "healings". Lots more strange stuff about demons and angels tormenting him throughout his life. I was sick when I read that stuff. I truly pray that the Lord delivers people out of this cult. DLee
        You should listen to that book, where Branham is actually talking. He did not say that with sarcasm as his tone. When he claims that he was with Moses, he is talking about us being in God as God was with Moses because we were in God before the foundation of the world. If thats the case we were with Moses as God was with Moses. Do you understand?

        Branham could only heal someone with God's help if the person believed. It was by their faith they were healed not Branhams. He even says that in his sermons. Of course people were upset when they were not healed because they thought Branham could heal them just by touching them and so their hopes crashed because they did not have that faith required to be healed.

        Yes, Branhams body would become weak when someone was healed because he was human and the power of God was strong when God used him so it would make him weak.

        He didn't avoid people when they weren't healed. If they weren't healed it was simply because they did not have faith they could be healed.

        If Branham wasn't the chosen prophet than who is to fulfill

        Malachi 4:5
        5 "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

        Revelations 10:7
        7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

        (Who is the man to fulfill these last day prophecies? It has to be someone.If its not Branham who is it?)

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
          GodsLove, this is why I say that you deny the deity of Jesus. Please read LaMontre's post above.

          Jesus had to born of the seed of a woman or he could not be the Messiah.

          William Branham says in Tape Oneness (62-0211)

          "He can't have a mother. Jesus was not even anything to Mary, but He was just... She was an incubator that hatched Him."
          Well, they always believed, and I had an idea of it myself years ago that the--the immaculate conception was that God overshadowed her and put a blood cell in there, but the egg come from the woman. If the egg come from the woman, there has to come a sensation to bring the egg through the tube to the womb. See what you do with God? You make Him in a sexual mess. God, Who created the blood cell, created the egg also... Doctor, there has to be both male and female pollen. That's right. "

          Does this sound right to you?
          That our almighty God who created heaven and earth and all in it, could not cause Mary'y egg(seed) to be fertilized by the overshadowing of the Holy Spirit by way of a supernatural conception?

          The Bible does not say Mary was an incubator, does it? The Bible does not state that God created the egg, does it? So who do you listen to, a man or God's Word? Please, please pray about this. God, in His infinite wisdom did not violate the laws of nature that He had originally designed, to bring our Redeemer into the world, instead He put it to higher service.


          Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

          William Branham is saying that God did not end His work, He was still creating thousands of years later.
          The bible doesn't say he created the sperm either. Branham doesn't say God couldn't cause Mary's egg to be fertilized, but he says there had to be a sensations to cause the egg to be fertilized and that could only happen by a sexual act. God couldn't come by sex. I would pray about it but to be honest I really don't feel confused about it. I understand it and it makes sense.

          Comment


          • #80
            He didn't avoid people when they weren't healed. If they weren't healed it was simply because they did not have faith they could be healed.
            And here inlies the false teaching of that which is in bold in your quote.

            Lets look to God's word to see who's faith it is that is needed for healing to occur.

            James 5:14-15 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick peson well; the Lord will raise him up.

            See that? It is the faith of the elders that heals.....not the faith of the sick ones.

            ysic, DLee

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Teacup View Post
              And here inlies the false teaching of that which is in bold in your quote.

              Lets look to God's word to see who's faith it is that is needed for healing to occur.

              James 5:14-15 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick peson well; the Lord will raise him up.

              See that? It is the faith of the elders that heals.....not the faith of the sick ones.

              ysic, DLee
              True. It is also the faith of the person laying the hands.

              You can also look at:

              Acts 3:16
              16. By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

              Since the Bible doesn't condradict itself it takes both to be healed. We are making this matter complicated. All that matters is that those involved in wanting someone or themselves to become healed needs to have faith that Jesus Christ can heal them.

              This is the same as Christ healing the scars of your sin. It can't just be Christ's desire to save you, it has to be yours too. Of course He desires to save everyone, but we have got to believe it too.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
                If Branham wasn't the chosen prophet than who is to fulfill

                Malachi 4:5
                5 "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. 6 He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
                Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
                Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
                Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by LaMontre View Post
                  Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
                  Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
                  Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
                  Correct. The first two verses are refering to John as being the forrunner to Christ, who was prophesied to be Elias for the first coming.

                  There is also a for-runner for the second coming of Christ who is the Elijah.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
                    Correct. The first two verses are refering to John as being the forrunner to Christ, who was prophesied to be Elias for the first coming.

                    There is also a for-runner for the second coming of Christ who is the Elijah.
                    You have no reference?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Acts 3:16. By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.
                      In context, vs. 11-12 explains that the onlookers were staring at Peter and John astonished at their power to heal. In the verses that follow, Peter quickly explains to them that it was not their own human power that healed, but that it was the faith that comes through God that gave healing...still in line with James - the faith of the elders, not the sick.


                      Since the Bible doesn't condradict itself it takes both to be healed. We are making this matter complicated. All that matters is that those involved in wanting someone or themselves to become healed needs to have faith that Jesus Christ can heal them.
                      I can't find any scripture where the physically sick have to have enough faith to be healed. If you have some I might do some rethinking.

                      This is the same as Christ healing the scars of your sin. It can't just be Christ's desire to save you, it has to be yours too. Of course He desires to save everyone, but we have got to believe it too.
                      So Jesus can't save unless we are willing? Who makes us willing?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Teacup View Post
                        In context, vs. 11-12 explains that the onlookers were staring at Peter and John astonished at their power to heal. In the verses that follow, Peter quickly explains to them that it was not their own human power that healed, but that it was the faith that comes through God that gave healing...still in line with James - the faith of the elders, not the sick.


                        I can't find any scripture where the physically sick have to have enough faith to be healed. If you have some I might do some rethinking.

                        So Jesus can't save unless we are willing? Who makes us willing?
                        Christ in us makes us willing because every child of God is predestinated before the foundation of the world to except Christ as Savior. I don't know why you would ask that if you know about choice. God gave us a choice. You weren't born serving God every moment of your life. There came a time where you had to accept him. He has already saved us, we have to accept it.

                        Matthew 9:22
                        22Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.


                        Mark 10:52
                        52"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

                        How can you say the physically sick didn't need to have faith to be healed. It doesn't make sense at all.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by LaMontre View Post
                          You have no reference?
                          Matthew 17:10-13 -Speaking of John

                          10The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?"

                          11Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 12But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands." 13Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

                          Since the first coming of Jesus wasn't the last days and the Second Coming is the last days. Since Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever he will have an Elijah for his second coming to prepare the way.

                          Revelations 10:7

                          7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

                          This verse is stating that the seventh angel(messenger) will sound his trumpet( his voice) If you read Revelations a trumpet is reffered to what the person is saying. The mystery of God would be finished.(all the loose ends and unanswered mysterys in the Bible like the seven seals will be made known.) just as he announced to his servants the prophets. ( meaning the Lord let his prophets know this Elijah would come) This announcement or prophesy was made by Malachi and John whom God used to write Revelations.


                          Malachi 4:5-6

                          5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

                          6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

                          This can't be John because this Elijah is to do his work before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. We know the great and dreadful day means the last days.
                          Last edited by -GodsLove-; May 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
                            The bible doesn't say he created the sperm either. Branham doesn't say God couldn't cause Mary's egg to be fertilized, but he says there had to be a sensations to cause the egg to be fertilized and that could only happen by a sexual act. God couldn't come by sex. I would pray about it but to be honest I really don't feel confused about it. I understand it and it makes sense.
                            It only makes sense to you because if not then you would have to question the whole serpent seed doctrine that you believe. You denigrate a miracle of God to something sexual. God is God and yet you are saying that He could not supernaturally fertilize an egg, the same God who created that egg.

                            Jesus had to be born of the woman's seed to make the Plan of Redemption possible. No other way will do and unless you believe that then you are denying the deity of Jesus Christ.

                            BTW a woman's egg moves into her fallopian tubes roughly every 28 days. If the egg is not fertilized by sperm within a time frame, the woman's uterus changes and menstration begins. There is no such thing as a sensations to fertilize an egg.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
                              This can't be John because this Elijah is to do his work before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. We know the great and dreadful day means the last days.
                              No, the great and dreadful day of the Lord is the tribulation. Branham died 50 years ago and you want to believe that he was the Elijah. So who is doing Elijah's work these past decades?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Branham claimed to be guided by an angel, yet there is no biblical subtance for this claim, it's also interesting to note that Muhammed also claimed to be guided by an angel. He (Branham) could also read people's thoughts, yet this isn't a New Testament gift, but can definitely be found to be something that is done by occult mystics.

                                What endeared Branham to people was the fact that he remained common, he dressed modestly and turned away offerings, saying he had enough money.
                                He also concealed his Oneness doctrine, as well as his other weird doctrines, such as his take on the trinitarian doctrine. He always insisted that people who were baptized in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost had to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus only.

                                He also claimed that the sin of Eve in the Garden of Eden was that she had sexual relations with the serpent or Satan, so in effect with this is mind he said that if one saw anything bad happening, a woman would be the cause of it - all the trouble in the world was because of women, according to William Branham.

                                The most questionable aspect of his life was the halo or "pillar of fire" that constantly hung over his head, which was depicted in photo's - again, this cannot be substantiated biblically. Branham was never humble when it came to claiming that he was a true prophet of God. He claimed succession from the following "prophets":

                                The Apostle Paul

                                Irenaeus

                                Saint Martin (Roman Catholic)

                                Columba

                                Martin Luther

                                Wesley

                                William Branham

                                2 Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X