This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    I disagree. He could not do any healing unless his “angel’ was standing next to him. There were no verifications of the healings and some have been proven to be false.
    I certainly would not call him a prophet for he failed the test of prophets set out in the Bible.

Let us have a look at some of his teachings and beliefs:

!) God is not a Trinity, in fact he said that Trinitarianism is of the devil.
    He taught that God was not omnipresent because, as a being, He could not be everywhere at once.
    2) He denied the deity of Jesus. He believed that Jesus was not God until the Holy Spirit incarnated His body at the time of His baptism. Jesus was again reduced to a mere mortal man when the Holy Spirit supposedly left His body in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before He was crucified.
    3) The fall in the Garden of Eden was a result of an adulterous affair between Eve and the Serpent. This doctrine is known as Serpent's Seed. As a result of this affair, Cain was born (i.e., the Serpent--not Adam--was Cain's true father).
    4) Branham taught that his Message represents the required truth necessary for members of the Elect Bride of Jesus Christ to accept in order to make the Rapture.
    5) He believed that Revelation 18:4 was a call for Christians to leave their denominational churches and come to his Message, the only true revelation of Jesus Christ. He said that those in denominations were of the devil.
    6) He believed himself to be the Elijah of Malachi 4:5,6 and the greatest prophet of all time

He said ‘I was with Moses at the burning bush; I saw the Pillar of Fire”

He said “And I was brought east to open the Seven Seals for God.”

IMHO he likened himself to God. He had the “spirit of anti-Christ”

Gal 1:9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
    The healings weren't false, its just that some people didn't believe when he told them to. William Branham could not heal anyone anymore than we could unless Christ was with him and the person being prayed for believed. Besides how can the gift God gave him to heal people be false. That's saying he is antichrist or a devil. A devil can't cast out a devil because than Satans kingdome would be divided.

Comment

Originally posted by -GodsLove- View Post
      I don't understand how people view the trinity. I've always understood that Trinitarians believe in three gods.
      Then you've understood wrongly. That's not the case at all.

Jesus Christ is God. Its not God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
      Yes, Jesus Christ is God - He is God the Son incarnate. Before Jesus was born, the Son of God existed as a person of the trinity, as God.

All of them are Jesus Christ in different forms. (Jesus Christ was the name God chose to give himself when was in the form of a man. All the othe such as father, son, holy spirit, elohim, jehovah are just titles. Jesus Christ is the name God chose for himself. All the other titles are just attributes of that name.) Therefore Jesus Christ is God. So that means the trinity is wrong.

See, this is where you've taken the wrong turn. God chose the name Jesus Christ (well, actually, that's a transliteration of the name He chose) for the incarnation of the Son. But the name He chose to call Himself before then was also God's name: Yahweh. God has many names... all of which He chose to be called by. And, He has more names we don't know about.

But those other names were in use long before Jesus was born. You see, the Son of God existed before Jesus was born... that's the biggy that you seem to be missing. Look at John chapter 1 - The Word was God and the Word was with God and the Word created everything... then later the Word became flesh (Jesus).

The three are not all Jesus, but they are all God. And Jesus is God. But God the Father is not Jesus and Jesus is not the Father.

I know it's confusing... no one who is sane has ever claimed to comprehend it completely. But it is still the best explanation for the Biblical evidence.

Also, if you don't understand the concept of the trinity, then it's best for you not to tell trinitarians we are wrong. You don't know that until you know for sure what we believe. Until then, you're building strawmen and tilting at windmills.

Comment

Trinity

If Jesus is not the Father than your making two gods. Jesus and the Father are the same thing, God in two different manifestations.

Comment

I don't understand how people view the trinity. I've always understood that Trinitarians believe in three gods. Jesus Christ is God. Its not God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. All of them are Jesus Christ in different forms. (Jesus Christ was the name God chose to give himself when was in the form of a man. All the othe such as father, son, holy spirit, elohim, jehovah are just titles. Jesus Christ is the name God chose for himself. All the other titles are just attributes of that name.) Therefore Jesus Christ is God. So that means the trinity is wrong.
          Yeah, it might be helpful for you to understand what we actually believe, and how it is supported;

http://www.carm.org/doctrine/trinity.htm

Thats a very short, and concise treatment of the topic. Hope it helps.

Comment

If Jesus is not the Father than your making two gods. Jesus and the Father are the same thing, God in two different manifestations.
            You should check the link LaMontre gave. Obviously, you are failing to understand me.

The trinity consists of Three Persons who are all one God. (Not three manifestations of one God).

Comment

Trinity

Originally posted by Tamara224 View Post
              You should check the link LaMontre gave. Obviously, you are failing to understand me.

The trinity consists of Three Persons who are all one God. (Not three manifestations of one God).
              If you believe that there are not three gods than why do you call yourself a trinitarian? You obviously believe in one god. Trinitarians believe in three gods.

Comment

Yes but, for instance, they have separate functions in your salvation;

The Father Chose you (in the Son);
                Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
                Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The Son redeemed you;
                Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The Holy Spirit sealed you;
                Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

These are separate functions of each, happening at the same time.

Comment

If you believe that there are not three gods than why do you call yourself a trinitarian? You obviously believe in one god. Trinitarians believe in three gods.

No, GodsLove, you are now being obtuse. Trinitarians do not believe in three gods. That is a misunderstanding and/or a strawman argument. I am a trinitarian who, along with all other trinitarians, believes in One God in Three Persons: the very definition of Trinity.

Comment

No, GodsLove, you are now being obtuse. Trinitarians do not believe in three gods. That is a misunderstanding and/or a strawman argument. I am a trinitarian who, along with all other trinitarians, believes in One God in Three Persons: the very definition of Trinity.
                    So that gives him three personalities which makes him three different people which makes him three different gods.

Comment

So that gives him three personalities which makes him three different people which makes him three different gods.
                      Study up on it a little bit. Come back when you begin to understand.

Comment

In your opinion....lets keep this in context.

Comment

Study up on it a little bit. Come back when you begin to understand.

I understand. What I don't understand is how you can say God is three different people but than say there is one God. What I believe is that God is one person filling three different offices. Right now he is filling the office or title of the Holy Ghost so he can live within us until he returns in flesh.

Comment

I understand. What I don't understand is how you can say God is three different people but than say there is one God. What I believe is that God is one person filling three different offices. Right now he is filling the office or title of the Holy Ghost so he can live within us until he returns in flesh.
                            Who was Jesus praying to?
                            Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
                            Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
                            Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
                            Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
                            Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus said he was with the Father before the world was. Was he lying to us here??

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                            Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John says Jesus was with God at the beginning. Is this a lie?

Comment

I understand. What I don't understand is how you can say God is three different people but than say there is one God.
                              I didn't say God is three different people. I said God is three persons. There is a distinction in those two words.

How can a husband and wife be "one flesh" when they are still obviously two people?

The answer is that there is more to it than our limited human understanding can comprehend.

God is One and Three, at the same time. There's a fancy term for it: hypostatic union.

What I believe is that God is one person filling three different offices. Right now he is filling the office or title of the Holy Ghost so he can live within us until he returns in flesh.
                              So, you're "oneness" then? I disagree with this because Jesus said He went to be with the Father and He was sending someone else to comfort us until He returns. The Father is in Heaven, the Son (Jesus) at His right hand and the Holy Spirit dwells in the temples (us). That's what the Bible says. So, any understanding of "manifestations" that contradicts the Bible, is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMontre View Post
                                Who was Jesus praying to?
                                Joh 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
                                Joh 17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
                                Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
                                Joh 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
                                Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus said he was with the Father before the world was. Was he lying to us here??

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                                Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John says Jesus was with God at the beginning. Is this a lie?

Jesus was in flesh form and the father was Jesus's theophany (his perfect spirit) which gave Jesus a gateway to understand what his purpose was. Just like us when we understand through revelation the Word of God we are hearing from our theophany because we are still in flesh. If you read the bible we have a theophany waiting for us, just like when Jesus was in flesh had his theophany (father) waiting for him. That doesn't make us two persons but when we hear (revelation) from our theophany it gives us guidance and understanding of who we are and what our purpose is. This was the relationship between the Jesus and him hearing from the Father (his theophany). But of course the difference between our theophanies and Christ's is that he was perfect.

To be honest no man can intellectually understand the great mystries of God, but through prayer and revelation they can be made known to us. You can't give someone a revelation. They have to experience it for themselves.

John 14: 8-10 (King James Version)
                                8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X