Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am furious with what I saw on TV last night!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am furious with what I saw on TV last night!

    I was channel surfing and sometimes I stop on EWTN to see what catholics are saying. Well they had a post abortion show. An elderly woman called in. She was the last call of the night. She expressed that she was sorrowful over an abortion she had many years ago and that she has been doing all she can to offset that sin. She was not sure if she had done all she can and was hopeful that God would forgive her despite all the works she had done. The priest basically felt her guilt and work she had done was sufficient. They then closed the show with prayer. The prayer was done through Mary and then they recited the rosary!!!!!! Yes I said the prayer was made through Mary. They have completely replaced Jesus.

    I was furious that they have helped lead this woman to hell if she does not hear the gospel preached and respond before her death. I just cried and prayed for that lady, that someone would reach herwith the gospel. And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.

  • #2
    So sorry you had to see that, but that is the RCC

    It is so good to see you posting.

    ing for you,


    Ann
    Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

    2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

    Too Blessed to be depressed!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.
      I believe it's even worse than that Scooby... I believe they have ELEVATED Mary above Jesus. After all, she is the "mother of God", "Queen of Heaven" and since she's His mother, she basically tells Jesus what to do.

      Comment


      • #4
        it is appalling that so many do not know the true way to eternal life.it's heart breaking.
        In God I Trust

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I was channel surfing and sometimes I stop on EWTN to see what catholics are saying. Well they had a post abortion show. An elderly woman called in. She was the last call of the night. She expressed that she was sorrowful over an abortion she had many years ago and that she has been doing all she can to offset that sin. She was not sure if she had done all she can and was hopeful that God would forgive her despite all the works she had done. The priest basically felt her guilt and work she had done was sufficient. They then closed the show with prayer. The prayer was done through Mary and then they recited the rosary!!!!!! Yes I said the prayer was made through Mary. They have completely replaced Jesus.

          I was furious that they have helped lead this woman to hell if she does not hear the gospel preached and respond before her death. I just cried and prayed for that lady, that someone would reach herwith the gospel. And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.
          Let's pray: Jesus please remove the blinders from their eyes that they will see that You are the way the truth and the life. In your precious name Amen.

          Comment


          • #6
            I was recently having a "Discussion" with a catholic, actually, it was more of a debate. They actually believe that they aren't praying to Mary (though, that is what it really is), they believe that they are praying THROUGH Mary, and that Jesus has to listen to her, as he has to respect the commandment about honoring your father and mother. I tried every piece of scripture I could think of, and common sense with this person, and could not get her to see the light of day on the issue. They just can't see that they are praying to someone other than God, and they can't see that it is wrong. So deep is the indoctrination, that they seem to be blind to the truth. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the only thing left that I could do for this person is to pray. No matter what I presented to her, she responded with the catholics stance on that verse, not reading it, and seeing it for what it is. It was like arguing with a brick wall.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Magog View Post
              I tried every piece of scripture I could think of, and common sense with this person, and could not get her to see the light of day on the issue.
              This person wants to be deceived.
              The Holy Spirit was certainly working to soften her heart, but she refused this time.
              It is the only explanation.
              I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
              For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
              no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

              Psalm 84:10-11

              Comment


              • #8
                Magog...

                When having that discussion with a Roman Catholic just remember to speak the truth to them and do not shrink from the truth of saying that Roman Catholicism is in error. But always remember that there is a disconnect in many American Catholics minds. While they for the most part sign on wholeheartedly to the label and the liturgical style of Catholicism, do not understand their own condition in regards to the Gospel of Grace. They just don't know what they don't know! How will they accept the Gospel of Jesus unless we tell them.

                Jesus is the Son of God who was given for them that they would have eternal life with the Father. This is a free gift of God. A gift of grace that cannot be earned or worked for so that nobody can boast of their worthiness when compared with the infinite glory and power of Jesus. Free and complete. Jesus said it is finished, He meant it.

                Romanism replaced the trust that should be in Christ with a system and an oppressive man-made religiosity. Trust in your hand waving and your obedience and your repetitive prayers and your emotional convictions and your trappings of opulent religious splendor and your statues of dead clay or wood or your wearing of the scapular or your confessions to a unregenerate human or your churches long and inglorious history or your penance or your sacrifice......... See WHO is missing from Catholicism? They try to say it's all about Him but they are lying right out in the open with demonically inspired conviction. All these fleshy things are leading people to Christ? NO, NO a million times NO. A person needs the Holy Spirit and a broken will in full submission and repentance crying out to God. Jesus save me, Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Then and only then are their sins covered. The peace and sweet release of faith in Christ alone can reach the soul crying out in bondage. ONLY JESUS.

                To them the RCC makes perfect HUMAN sense. It is because they don't really know or trust in Jesus. If they knew Him, really knew Him instead of replacing Him with Romanism we wouldn't be having this discussion.


                Jeff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Magog View Post
                  I was recently having a "Discussion" with a catholic, actually, it was more of a debate. They actually believe that they aren't praying to Mary (though, that is what it really is), they believe that they are praying THROUGH Mary, and that Jesus has to listen to her, as he has to respect the commandment about honoring your father and mother. I tried every piece of scripture I could think of, and common sense with this person, and could not get her to see the light of day on the issue. They just can't see that they are praying to someone other than God, and they can't see that it is wrong. So deep is the indoctrination, that they seem to be blind to the truth. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the only thing left that I could do for this person is to pray. No matter what I presented to her, she responded with the catholics stance on that verse, not reading it, and seeing it for what it is. It was like arguing with a brick wall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nightelf View Post
                    I believe it's even worse than that Scooby... I believe they have ELEVATED Mary above Jesus. After all, she is the "mother of God", "Queen of Heaven" and since she's His mother, she basically tells Jesus what to do.
                    I was raised Catholic and I always thought that as a child. Honor thy mother and father, right?

                    It is so sad that they have so twisted Gods Holy Word. This is what you get when you mix the gospel of Jesus with sinful man's traditions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Reminds me of a time I landed on ETWN once. The one I dubbed "the evil-looking priest" was on talking again. He says "A Baptist minister friend of mine and I were talking one day and he spoke about how the rosary wasn't biblical... Of course WE know it is....". I had a few things to say that he, of course, didn't hear. But I would like to find where the buddhist/krishna prayer beads are BIBLICAL.

                      Roman catholicism is nothing more than paganism with some "christian" thrown in to look like something it isn't. A conglomeration of paganistic rituals and practices that throw out Sola Scriptura.
                      No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

                      A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
                      Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
                      Psalm 91:7-8

                      What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
                      Romans 8:31

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        good to see you posting Anita

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The chance to help that woman was missed many years ago. She is so guilt ridden, still wondering if she's done all she could through works. The RCC did NOTHING to help her.


                          Side question--Magog--just wondering why you chose that for your nickname here

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks Ann and Linda, glad to be back posting again too.

                            This still breaks my heart and angers me at the same time. So many deceived people. So many going to hell. We have such a short time to spread the gospel. The leaders of the RCC are either self deceived or are deceivers. The bible is so clear on this issue.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Xenosjeff View Post
                              When having that discussion with a Roman Catholic just remember to speak the truth to them and do not shrink from the truth of saying that Roman Catholicism is in error. But always remember that there is a disconnect in many American Catholics minds. While they for the most part sign on wholeheartedly to the label and the liturgical style of Catholicism, do not understand their own condition in regards to the Gospel of Grace. They just don't know what they don't know! How will they accept the Gospel of Jesus unless we tell them.

                              Jesus is the Son of God who was given for them that they would have eternal life with the Father. This is a free gift of God. A gift of grace that cannot be earned or worked for so that nobody can boast of their worthiness when compared with the infinite glory and power of Jesus. Free and complete. Jesus said it is finished, He meant it.

                              Romanism replaced the trust that should be in Christ with a system and an oppressive man-made religiosity. Trust in your hand waving and your obedience and your repetitive prayers and your emotional convictions and your trappings of opulent religious splendor and your statues of dead clay or wood or your wearing of the scapular or your confessions to a unregenerate human or your churches long and inglorious history or your penance or your sacrifice......... See WHO is missing from Catholicism? They try to say it's all about Him but they are lying right out in the open with demonically inspired conviction. All these fleshy things are leading people to Christ? NO, NO a million times NO. A person needs the Holy Spirit and a broken will in full submission and repentance crying out to God. Jesus save me, Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Then and only then are their sins covered. The peace and sweet release of faith in Christ alone can reach the soul crying out in bondage. ONLY JESUS.

                              To them the RCC makes perfect HUMAN sense. It is because they don't really know or trust in Jesus. If they knew Him, really knew Him instead of replacing Him with Romanism we wouldn't be having this discussion.


                              Jeff
                              Xenosjeff,
                              Once again, your post has made me cry.
                              I don't know if you remember or not, but I too *discuss* with a very devout Catholic. A couple of friends and myself have not made any headway with her whatsoever, but of course that doesn't mean the Holy Spirit hasn't or won't someday. I'll never give up praying for her.
                              I just wanted to give YOU some encouragement my brother. You have a very powerful testimony and I pray you live long and are able to witness to many Catholics before the Lord's return.
                              God Bless You!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X