Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am furious with what I saw on TV last night!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my most recent experience with ETWN:

I was flipping the channels around on TV the other day and somehow landed on the ETWN and listened to some Catholic Priest giving a talk. He said that he tells our "non-Catholic" friends that we don't worship Mary but in the 30 minutes I watched him speak he spent 29.5 minutes on Mary and how she was without natural sin, exalted above all, was the mother of God, and all the usual blasphemies that the RCC promotes. About half a minute was spent on Jesus.

People need to understand that the Bible clearly says there is no other name under Heaven in which to be saved, but through Jesus Christ. Catholics are putting all their eggs into one basket labeled "Mary". There are going to be a lot of rude awakenings on judgment day. Jesus told the pharisees of his time that Moses would be the one that will condemn them, being they put their faith in Moses rather than in Jesus. The Catholics could end up being condemned by Mary for not putting their trust in Jesus. God is clear. Jesus is the only way!!!!
    Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

EWTN = Eternal Word Twisting Network
      Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        EWTN = Eternal Word Twisting Network
        I was raised in the Catholic church only until I was 12. I am now 49 and can still recite some of the "chantings", praying to the saints. How impressionable we are when we are young.

Still remember holding my rosary, going to confession, my first communion, catechism classes, etc.

We were praying to Mary 37 years ago and I still remember it. Thank God I have been saved for 20 years!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I was channel surfing and sometimes I stop on EWTN to see what catholics are saying. Well they had a post abortion show. An elderly woman called in. She was the last call of the night. She expressed that she was sorrowful over an abortion she had many years ago and that she has been doing all she can to offset that sin. She was not sure if she had done all she can and was hopeful that God would forgive her despite all the works she had done. The priest basically felt her guilt and work SHE had done was sufficient. They then closed the show with prayer. The prayer was done through Mary and then they recited the rosary!!!!!! Yes I said the prayer was made through Mary. They have completely replaced Jesus.

I was furious that they have helped lead this woman to hell if she does not hear the gospel preached and respond before her death. I just cried and prayed for that lady, that someone would reach herwith the gospel. And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.
          Although the Mary thing is seriously disturbing, this particular aspect of Catholicism may be the most disturbing. The teaching of atonement through deeds and actions instead of through the redeeming blood of Christ Jesus ALONE. The ramifications of this type of belief is truly a Salvation Issue...many will come saying lord lord...and He will say He knew them not...

Comment

I spent yesterday morning witnessing to my wife's Grandma who was just recently widowed. She grew up in The Catholic Church (as I did) and now at the death of her husband she is seeking and looking for answers. So on returning to what she has known through-out her life she has been attending the CC. I took her scripturally through all the fallacies of the CC. She asked me a personally profound question, "Will the emptiness ever go away"? And I told her that with Jesus and Jesus alone you would have never had the emptiness to begin with and that with Jesus you would never have the emptiness again. Every Catholic life can be marked with having no personal relationship with Christ, no assurance of salvation, and an emptiness that is only occasionally filled with worldly objects or relationships that will soon be lost.

I too am so frustrated by the deception of the false church. I pray for all those being deceived that God would give them eyes to see and ears to hear and they would come to the true saving faith that is found in Jesus Christ and in Jesus Christ alone.

Comment

I think Catholics pray "THROUGH" Mary, not TO Mary. I's like... They can only talk to Mary and Mary will relay their message to Jesus. I never got the impression that Mary was elevated above Jesus.

not a Catholic, however

Comment

Originally posted by jeansandjacketrequired View Post
                I think Catholics pray "THROUGH" Mary, not TO Mary. I's like... They can only talk to Mary and Mary will relay their message to Jesus. I never got the impression that Mary was elevated above Jesus.

not a Catholic, however
                I was brought up Catholic, (no longer am) and prayed the Hail Mary, alot. At the end of that prayer, is a request to her to pray for us sinners.
                My grandparents died in their Catholic faith....my grandfather calling out to Mary on his death bed, instead of to Jesus.

Comment

not a Catholic, however
                  Hey jajr - Now that you mention it, please go to the Welcome New Members forum and introduce yourself to us with something of your testimony. We'd like to get to know you better.
                  "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                    Hey jajr - Now that you mention it, please go to the Welcome New Members forum and introduce yourself to us with something of your testimony. We'd like to get to know you better.
                    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

not a Catholic, however
                      Actually, I think the "Hail Mary" prayer is praying *to* Mary. She is, after all, the "Queen of Heaven" (say the Catholics) and she supposedly tells Jesus what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightelf View Post
                        I believe it's even worse than that Scooby... I believe they have ELEVATED Mary above Jesus. After all, she is the "mother of God", "Queen of Heaven" and since she's His mother, she basically tells Jesus what to do.
                        They also equate the Pope with God Himself
                        My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

not a Catholic, however
                          Oh really? Check this one out...

Hail Holy Queen,
                          Mother of mercy,
                          Our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
                          To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
                          To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping
                          In this valley of tears.
                          Turn then, most gracious advocate,
                          Thine eyes of mercy towards us.
                          And after this, our exile,
                          Show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
                          O clement O loving O sweet Virgin Mary.

Who is our hope? Who is our life? Who should we send up our sighs to? Who shows us mercy?

I was raised Catholic and even when I was still a part of that organization I would cringe when I would say that prayer. Even then I knew it was wrong.

Comment

not a Catholic, however
                            We are to pray to God THROUGH JESUS.

1 Timothy 2:5 (King James Version)

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
                            We cannot communicate with the dead. We can only communicate with the living. God is alive and Jesus is alive.

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleBerean View Post
                              We are to pray to God THROUGH JESUS.

We cannot communicate with the dead. We can only communicate with the living. God is alive and Jesus is alive.
                              Exactly. When we pray, we finish 'In Jesus Name; Amen'. We don't recite 'In Mary's name, amen' nor do we pray 'In the Pope's name, Amen'. Nor do we even 'In the name of the Saints, amen'.
                              My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trance View Post
                                Exactly. When we pray, we finish 'In Jesus Name; Amen'. We don't recite 'In Mary's name, amen' nor do we pray 'In the Pope's name, Amen'. Nor do we even 'In the name of the Saints, amen'.

Comment

Working...
                                X