No announcement yet.

Is Mormonism Christianity or a cult?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always been curious about the secret underwear too.

I mean if you are going to make up your own religion and all ... wouldn't secret underwear be in among the doctrines?

Comment

they'll never tell, blitz, after all..its a SECRET!

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
        I know very little about Mormonism. So, can someone tell me the significance of planet kolab? Where is it located? Who, if anyone, is supposed to be there?? I know that I could do an internet search on this, but if someone could just give me a brief overview, I would appreciate it.
        There is no such place. It's all just in their belief.
        It doesn't exist.
        These people are deceived by satan just like so many other religious cults.

You do NOT want to get into believing any such false doctrines.
        Mormonism is false.

Stay with the the truth, the Bible and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I have read some of their book of mormon out of curiosity, and believe me, it is something that a person cannot understand. I couldn't get into it very far, because it was just so FALSE.
        sigpic

Comment

That Chat Thing Is Awesome!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeachMe View Post
            There is no such place. It's all just in their belief.
            It doesn't exist.
            These people are deceived by satan just like so many other religious cults.

You do NOT want to get into believing any such false doctrines.
            Mormonism is false.

Stay with the the truth, the Bible and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I have read some of their book of mormon out of curiosity, and believe me, it is something that a person cannot understand. I couldn't get into it very far, because it was just so FALSE.
            I did the same thing many years ago, as my childhood best friend was/is entrenched in Mormonism. I thought that if I understood what they believed, I'd have a better footing for unraveling their faith as false. I learned though that it's far better to know the Truth backward and forward so when a counterfeit belief comes along, it's so much easier to spot.

Comment

Originally posted by lisa View Post
              I did the same thing many years ago, as my childhood best friend was/is entrenched in Mormonism. I thought that if I understood what they believed, I'd have a better footing for unraveling their faith as false. I learned though that it's far better to know the Truth backward and forward so when a counterfeit belief comes along, it's so much easier to spot.
              Right on!
              When you know that you are saved and you have read the Bible from cover to cover............there's just no comparison to that.
              sigpic

Comment

That is how they teach people to spot the counterfeit money. by studying the real thing and knowing it so well. They do not study the counterfeit.

Comment

Mormonism

Try to find an older movie called "The God Makers". It shows in detail what was explained above, but with interviews and animation, etc. I was able to get a copy from the pastor at my church.

The way I see all the cults is this.....there is only ONE way to God and because Satan knows this, he continues to create more and more false paths which lead to destruction.

It's really interesting how God has allowed a Mormon to run for the presidency of the U.S. It is bringing about an awareness of a cult which the world views as "Christian". Glenn Beck on CNN Headline News will be the one to watch these next few years as he debates with true believers. I love the way God uses the media to spread His Word.

Comment

Originally posted by LUVSLLAMAS
                    Try to find an older movie called "The God Makers".

I would recommend staying away from the God Makers books and movies. They take a little bit of truth, and stretch and twist what is really taught in mormonism. Decker does more damage to the "ex-mormon" cause than he helps. There is much better out there to keep people away or help people out.

Originally posted by LUVSLLAMAS
                    Glenn Beck on CNN Headline News will be the one to watch these next few years as he debates with true believers.
                    I don't think any of us know if Glenn is a true believer or not. I came to Christ while I was still LDS so perhaps he can/has too.

Chris <><

Comment

Glenn Beck, as you say, may be a christian even though he's LDS, but then you can say that about buddhists or hindus. So everyone might be a christian if they profess faith in a cult.

It's dangerous to put politics before God.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher View Post
                        I would recommend staying away from the God Makers books and movies. They take a little bit of truth, and stretch and twist what is really taught in mormonism. Decker does more damage to the "ex-mormon" cause than he helps. There is much better out there to keep people away or help people out.
                        The God Makers books (on which the movies are based) are meticulously researched. I would strongly recommend them. Decker's book, "Decker's Complete Handbook on Mormonism" available on the Saints Alive in Jesus website, documents the facts presented in the God Makers books.

Comment

The God Makers books (on which the movies are based) are meticulously researched. I would strongly recommend them.
                          I wouldn't recommend them at all, and I was a temple active mormon most of my life who served in multiple bishoprics. The research is sensationalistic garbage. I know because I read them and I lived it. The best comparison is like when someone tells a Catholic they are cannibals because of the how they view taking communion. God Makers 2 was even more silly than #1.

There is so much wrong with Mormonism, that is documented elsewhere, that Christians don't need to stoop to the exaggerations and hyperbole of Decker's tripe.

Try Utah Lighthouse Ministries. or IRR or many others which actually say it like it is. Decker and Saints Alive are not the way to preach to mormons.

Chris <><

Comment

My dad was a Mormon, and he believed a lot of the stuff that is in a cartoon on you tube.

That Jesus and Satan were brothers.
                            That when you get married you are married for all eternity.
                            After you and your spouse dies, then you are together again and you get to go to your own planet and make spirit babies through celestial sex.
                            They take Joseph Smith's word over the Holy bible.
                            Each "prophet" since has newer knowledge, and they will put that over the Holy bible.
                            Only their bishops or deacons or elders, can baptize "believers"
                            You can get baptized for someone else.
                            There is a place where people go in between hell and heaven.

My dad believed this stuff, he was an elder in the Mormon Church. He tried hard to get us to convert to Mormonism very much. And even with all the scripture to show him that the mormon way was false, he wouldnt listen to me or anyone else in the family.

Comment

I am learning that it is better to use their own material to discover what mormons believe and then use the Bible to refute it.
                              I found a book on their website called 'Gospel Principles' which you can download in pdf format. It says what a lot of their beliefs are.

Although there are some good videos out there that may be helpful for information one is 'Bible vs Book of Mormon' and another is called 'Jesus Christ/Joesph Smith'

Comment

Originally posted by blitzkreig View Post
                                I have always been curious about the secret underwear too.

I mean if you are going to make up your own religion and all ... wouldn't secret underwear be in among the doctrines?

Comment

Working...
                                X