Mennonite Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mennonite Church

Does the Mennonite Church teach sound doctrine?

An explanation from Questions/bible.org

https://www.gotquestions.org/Mennonite-beliefs.html
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Thanks Chaser.

Comment

We have a family of either Mennonites or German Baptists (not sure if they're one and the same or not) who come to our church every few Sundays. They usually sit in the back, and I usually play the keyboard and sing in the choir, so I don't really know them, have only seen them. They do, however, wear the plain dress and have a very distinctive look about them such that you can't miss them. They have come to church at our Southern Baptist church several times, so I guess they have no issues with our doctrine, and as far as I know, they drive modern vehicles. Sometimes I see others dressed like them in the grocery store, so it may be that they are part of the same group, just not the same family. Some Mennonites/German Baptists own a local bake shop that has become very popular over the years, and others seem to have a construction business, as they are right now building a walking bridge on one side of a road bridge over the river in our local tourist town. They built a walking bridge on the other side several years ago.
        "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

My late, former mother-in-law was raised in the Mennonite faith many, many years ago. I think there could be a lot of strictness within the church body, from what she said..........but, she was quite comfortable coming to church with us at our Independent Baptist church and never found fault with our teachings and the basics of our faith. We shared many a faith-based conversation together over the years, and we were always in agreement. She, and her sisters and brothers were not fervent, but all were born again Christians. Now, my ex-husband (her son) is attending a Mennonite church and is quite weird about a lot of things there....... he does not want his picture taken as it is an "idol image", "money is evil and one shouldn't really have it" and he has a lot of ideas that are kinda way out there. He tends to base things more on works than on faith, I think. It's sad, cuz he definitely does not have the joy of the Lord in his life, and he is very judgemental of anyone who doesn't look at things the same as he does. I guess it depends a bit on where and with whom you are affiliated.

Comment

We have several Mennonite friends and they seem to be more work based. They all are super nice and love to spend money and have all the latest toys. They have never invited us to church tho. My DH ask about a rumor he'd heard about marriage outside the clan and was told they were expelled from the church when they did that. I kind of thought that was weird.

Comment

My husband's parents were raised Mennonite and his grandparents still attend that church in Ohio.
              From what I've learned there are some Mennonite churches who are turning extremely liberal (like many other denominations) and embrace homosexuality in the world and the church. While the rest of the Mennonite church strive to live sin- free lives and are pacifists.

Comment

Working...
              X