Missionary Baptist Church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlessedinHim View Post
    if you know where this scripture is, post it for my benefit?
    I will, I'm at work right now so I'll get it tonight and post it tomarrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedinHim View Post
      if you know where this scripture is, post it for my benefit?
      This is the letter that was sent to me,

It is with much sorrow of heart that we must inform you of the disciplinary action taken against you, due to your lack of attendance and fellowship. We have done this in accordance to Hebrews 10:23-31 and 2 Thessalonians 3:6. Done by order of the church May 10,2009.

Hebrews 10:23-31 is about chasing after sin. Like I said, I have enough trouble with sin, let alone chasing after it besides.
      I left because of their interpetation of Gods word and mine didn't line up.

Comment

I am dumbfounded! Before they go sending stuff like that out they really should make sure of why they are doing it. I hope they have examined the log in their own eyes . . .

Comment

Originally posted by kjlistrom View Post
          It is with much sorrow of heart that we must inform you of the disciplinary action taken against you, due to your lack of attendance and fellowship.
          I wouldn't waste another second worrying about them if I were you. Any sort of exclusiveness, like they claim, is cultish. Their behavior seems to follow.
          Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
            I wouldn't waste another second worrying about them if I were you. Any sort of exclusiveness, like they claim, is cultish. Their behavior seems to follow.

Agreed. I would be praying that God would open their eyes to the truth of His Word and their own behavior in light of it. I feel sorry for people caught up in groups (churches) like this. They think they're okay, because they're in the 'right church.' Even though they verbally agree with the gospel message, they seem to have added exra-biblical man-made requirements that they put on par with Scripture. Not good.
            sigpic
            -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by kjlistrom View Post
              It is a small Church group, and I know that they love the Lord but I just can't hepl but feel that a statment like that is prideful.
              The cults do a good job of acting this sanctimonious.

Comment

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                It saddens me though that groups of people can be so full of themselfs. I know I will not waste any time going to their service again but I will continue to pray for them.

Comment

Excuse me for barging in, but I think the passage of Scripture asked for earlier may be Matthew 18:15-17,

Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
                  Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
                  Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
                  Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
                  One other passage that is slightly related comes to mind:

1Ti 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
                  1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
                  The passage of Scripture I would direct their attention to is Hebrews 3:12-13,

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
                  Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
                  And possibly this one:

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
                  Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
                  Not having been to the church myself, I cannot say just where they are coming from. But surely, if you are out to reach people for Christ and build them up in their faith so they in turn can be used by God as instruments in His hand to reach still others, this is not exactly the way to do it!

Sometimes people get caught up in authoritarianism and other related things, and thus manifest an attitude or disposition that does not accord with Scripture.

The trouble is, it may be that they themselves are not open to correction. If that is the case, they need to get back into the Bible themselves and start studying it for real so that God can speak to them by His Holy Spirit so they can be corrected by the Word.

That church, as part of the Body of Christ, probably needs our prayers more than anything else.

Comment

yes, the matthew one was it I believe. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X