Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Elks Lodge a cult?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is the Elks Lodge a cult?

    I"m asking because I know about the masons but what about the Elks Lodge? Does anyone know? We saw the "secret meeting room" and it gave me the creeps. Maybe its nothing.. I would prefer to find that out but something tells me, 4 permanent throne like chairs facing each other in a square with a "table" at the center and a few other things I wont mention.. my discernment meter went off but I could be very wrong.

    Anyone know about them???
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

  • #2
    I know nothing about them, but it sounds creepy to me.

    Comment


    • #3
      My father was a member of the Elks, and he was a band-leader, when they had dances. He said it was just more of a 'leisure club' than anything else.
      My Rapture/Left Behind Message

      For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sunshine2777 View Post
        I"m asking because I know about the masons but what about the Elks Lodge? Does anyone know? We saw the "secret meeting room" and it gave me the creeps. Maybe its nothing.. I would prefer to find that out but something tells me, 4 permanent throne like chairs facing each other in a square with a "table" at the center and a few other things I wont mention.. my discernment meter went off but I could be very wrong.

        Anyone know about them???
        Thank you for this question. I got a good chuckle that started my day off right.

        My father-in-law is an Exalted Ruler at a local Elks Club. To begin with, the Elks Club is a charity-patriotic social club. They provide scholarships to high school students, support to the abuse shelters, support hoop shoots for pre-teens, and have numerous awards to students. Much of the money they bring in goes to charity. People are not really interested in charity groups these days and many clubs around the nation are having a problem just keeping their doors open. Many clubs are closing. The members aren't there now.

        At this Elks Club, even members don't want to get involved with running the club. They want a place to come to drink and eat with friends and nothing else. Therefore, my father-in-law has to get members of his family to fill posts. My wife fills a couple of positions and I am an Esquire, a drafted Esquire, I may add. There was no volunteering on my part to fill the position.

        The only initiation requirement is that members must swear to a belief in God. There is a chaplain post to say a prayer at a meeting and other events. Secret room? It is only secret to members who don't want to attend meetings. I assure you these same membes have no problem finding the dining room. If you saw the meeting room, it can't be very secret. As for throne-like chairs? We have none like this. We have only hard wood chairs which make sure people stay awake during the meetings. I can't swear about throne-like chairs in other clubs.

        However, there is no inner sanctum with pentagrams on the wall or an altar on which we sacrifice chickens or anything else.

        Well, I think you get the picture. If you find anything weird at another Elks Club, let me know. I would be very surprised.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Traveling Through View Post
          Thank you for this question. I got a good chuckle that started my day off right.

          My father-in-law is an Exalted Ruler at a local Elks Club. To begin with, the Elks Club is a charity-patriotic social club. They provide scholarships to high school students, support to the abuse shelters, support hoop shoots for pre-teens, and have numerous awards to students. Much of the money they bring in goes to charity. People are not really interested in charity groups these days and many clubs around the nation are having a problem just keeping their doors open. Many clubs are closing. The members aren't there now.

          At this Elks Club, even members don't want to get involved with running the club. They want a place to come to drink and eat with friends and nothing else. Therefore, my father-in-law has to get members of his family to fill posts. My wife fills a couple of positions and I am an Esquire, a drafted Esquire, I may add. There was no volunteering on my part to fill the position.

          The only initiation requirement is that members must swear to a belief in God. There is a chaplain post to say a prayer at a meeting and other events. Secret room? It is only secret to members who don't want to attend meetings. I assure you these same membes have no problem finding the dining room. As for throne-like chairs? We have none like this. We have only hard wood chairs which make sure people stay awake during the meetings. I can't swear about throne-like chairs in other clubs.

          However, there is no inner sanctum with pentagrams on the wall or an altar on which we sacrifice chickens or anything else.

          Well, I think you get the picture. If you find anything weird at another Elks Club, let me know. I would be very surprised.
          I sincerely hope you are right but alot of what you described ALSO describes the Freemasons. So I was looking for inside information if anyone had researched them. Knowing someone who is a member isnt exactly what I was looking for. You'll get the same info from a member of the Freemasons. And there is more to them than meets the eye. Alot more. I'm you got a laugh and, like I said, I hope you are 100% right. But if you saw the setup of this room and were familiar with the masons activities, them you would understand my concern. And the way I described the room... my discernment meter is still kicking on high.

          Anyone else?
          "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

          Comment


          • #6
            They're a drinking club as far as I know - I live within walking distance of an Elks club and sometimes they leave the parking lot having been faithful to their order (pulling out of the club under the influence).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sunshine2777 View Post
              I sincerely hope you are right but alot of what you described ALSO describes the Freemasons. So I was looking for inside information if anyone had researched them. Knowing someone who is a member isnt exactly what I was looking for. You'll get the same info from a member of the Freemasons. And there is more to them than meets the eye. Alot more. I'm you got a laugh and, like I said, I hope you are 100% right. But if you saw the setup of this room and were familiar with the masons activities, them you would understand my concern. And the way I described the room... my discernment meter is still kicking on high.

              Anyone else?
              An officer of an Elks Club isn't what you are looking for to get information on the Elks Club? Are you looking for information or confirmation of your discernment meter? If you had concerns about the "secret meeting room" you should have asked at that time. I have no idea what you saw since you haven't said.

              Let me ask a question. Where is this Elks Club located?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Traveling Through View Post
                An officer of an Elks Club isn't what you are looking for to get information on the Elks Club? Are you looking for information or confirmation of your discernment meter? If you had concerns about the "secret meeting room" you should have asked at that time. I have no idea what you saw since you haven't said.

                Let me ask a question. Where is this Elks Club located?
                It is located in Arkansas.

                And no, you dont ask a member or an officer of any kind of group like that about info. Usually valid information will come from believers who have been in such an organization, come out of it and will explain in detail why they came out of it. For example, the Freemasons.... if a group is secretive, they are NOT going to tell an outsider anything, if there is something to tell....
                "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sunshine2777 View Post
                  It is located in Arkansas.

                  And no, you dont ask a member or an officer of any kind of group like that about info. Usually valid information will come from believers who have been in such an organization, come out of it and will explain in detail why they came out of it. For example, the Freemasons.... if a group is secretive, they are NOT going to tell an outsider anything, if there is something to tell....
                  This is exactly how urban legends get started. If you want to give me the exact location of this club, I can contact them and ask them about their setup. To restate what I said before, I am an officer of an Elks Club, and I haven't officiated in any sacrifices for at least two weeks. So, we are safe enough for the moment.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Traveling Through View Post
                    This is exactly how urban legends get started. If you want to give me the exact location of this club, I can contact them and ask them about their setup. To restate what I said before, I am an officer of an Elks Club, and I haven't officiated in any sacrifices for at least two weeks. So, we are safe enough for the moment.
                    I am not trying to start any "urban legend". I am looking for information from an independent source, not from a member. You have not even mentioned my references to the similarities to the Freemasons, which make question things even more. I am honestly just trying to find out truth and my intention was never to start "something" or get into a disagreement. And please leave the sarcasm out of it.

                    Tell me: Which God do you swear a belief in when you join? What are the exact words of the oath?
                    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sunshine2777 View Post
                      I am not trying to start any "urban legend". I am looking for information from an independent source, not from a member. You have not even mentioned my references to the similarities to the Freemasons, which make question things even more. I am honestly just trying to find out truth and my intention was never to start "something" or get into a disagreement. And please leave the sarcasm out of it.

                      Tell me: Which God do you swear a belief in when you join? What are the exact words of the oath?
                      You might find more information to your liking at this website,

                      http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masoni...alism/elks.htm

                      Would it help you if I said that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for my sins and arose again on the third day and now sits by the side of God , His Father? If that is enough to convince you that I am a Christian, you may rest assured that God wouldn't allow me to participate in ungodly things.

                      The God that we say we must believe in is the only God, and that is the Lord of Hosts, not any of his creation. I realize that we are in difficult times, but we must be careful that we don't become paranoid.

                      Again, if you have cause for concern, talk to the people there. God is on your side. He won't allow you to be harmed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am not an elk whatever,I googled it and I found :

                        http://www.elks.org/

                        may be it helps? good info?? dont know,you judge,blessings in JESUS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Traveling Through View Post
                          You might find more information to your liking at this website,

                          http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masoni...alism/elks.htm

                          Would it help you if I said that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for my sins and arose again on the third day and now sits by the side of God , His Father? If that is enough to convince you that I am a Christian, you may rest assured that God wouldn't allow me to participate in ungodly things.

                          The God that we say we must believe in is the only God, and that is the Lord of Hosts, not any of his creation. I realize that we are in difficult times, but we must be careful that we don't become paranoid.

                          Again, if you have cause for concern, talk to the people there. God is on your side. He won't allow you to be harmed.
                          "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" (1 Peter 5:8)

                          There are several verses in the Bible that would warn the Christian to be on his guard and warry of deceit. If paranoia means that we examine everything by the Bible - go ahead and be paranoid - this is about survival.

                          That website you posted is all one needs to confirm the Satanic nature of Freemasonry and, from the page on the Elks, it appears that the Elks are related to Masonry - it appears they believe and teach the lie of the universal brotherhood of man.

                          "What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops." (Matthew 10:27)

                          I believe that no Christian should belong to ANY secret, fraternal organization.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            An ex-BF's grandmother was a memeber of the Elk place near where I live--assuming it's the same organization. Now, I've never been to any of their meetings, and know nothing other than what she said about it. I know that she really enjoyed going there. They did a lot of charity work--collecting toys for children around Christmas, collecting canned food items were two things they did regularly. I know that they would have dinners and other social gatherings sometimes to raise $ for something going on.
                            sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)


                            BTW, my son is a junior in high school!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TomSki View Post
                              "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" (1 Peter 5:8)

                              There are several verses in the Bible that would warn the Christian to be on his guard and warry of deceit. If paranoia means that we examine everything by the Bible - go ahead and be paranoid - this is about survival.

                              That website you posted is all one needs to confirm the Satanic nature of Freemasonry and, from the page on the Elks, it appears that the Elks are related to Masonry - it appears they believe and teach the lie of the universal brotherhood of man.

                              "What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops." (Matthew 10:27)

                              I believe that no Christian should belong to ANY secret, fraternal organization.
                              "I believe that no Christian should belong to ANY secret, fraternal organization. "

                              What do you think is secret about it? As far as teaching anything, I am not aware of any classes or religious seminars being conducted by the Elks. It is a charity rather than religious organization. Elks must confirm they believe in God. Is there something wrong with members believing in God? Elks strongly support the veterans and America. No religion is pushed, neither is anything that violates the personal principles of the members. It isn't a secret handshake type of organization.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X