Seventh Day Adventists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Interesting first post. We often ask newbies to share their testimonies when they introduce themselves to the board. ...
    Just so you know, we have very little patience for people who post bald-faced lies as you have done.
    For starters, I am very curious as to where you get your information. I have seen a large number of mutually independent documentary films on youtube including short pieces profiling Palestinian life under brutal Israeli occupation and all of those videos present an undeniably powerful and consistent testimony. I have yet to see even one documentary that profiles Palestinians in the occupied territories as welcoming Israeli soldiers as liberators or some Palestinians enjoying their open-air prisons or the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) as anything other than extremely cruel, heartless oppressors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
      Unbelievers in what? SDA?
      Isn’t there just sufficient faith and insufficient faith and a Scripture that says “whatever is not from faith is sin”?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shubee View Post
        For starters, I am very curious as to where you get your information. I have seen a large number of mutually independent documentary films on youtube including short pieces profiling Palestinian life under brutal Israeli occupation and all of those videos present an undeniably powerful and consistent testimony. I have yet to see even one documentary that profiles Palestinians in the occupied territories as welcoming Israeli soldiers as liberators or some Palestinians enjoying their open-air prisons or the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) as anything other than extremely cruel, heartless oppressors.
        Your "documentaries" notwithstanding as most are nothing more than anti-Israeli propaganda, you err and and err greatly pushing a pro-Pali agenda here at RR. The land belongs to the Israeli's and God says so. Period. End of Discussion.

Time is short. Use yours wisely. Pick another topic.
        sigpic
        Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Isn’t there just sufficient faith and insufficient faith and a Scripture that says “whatever is not from faith is sin”?
          It all hinges in Whom one places their faith. A false christ can't save anyone.
          sigpic
          Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I don't believe that the Seventh-day Adventist denomination teaches antisemitism but there certainly are Seventh-day Adventists that don't believe that Israel is entitled to break international law and build settlements in occupied territories. Is teaching that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham an antisemitic doctrine? Is it possible for Israeli occupiers to have faith while brutally oppressing the Palestinians and stealing their land?
            SDA is an antisemitic works for salvation cult.
            Any group that disagrees with Israel's rights to God's land is of the devil.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• Bumping 'cuz an SDA question came up in the Prophecy forum.

He and his entire family were very health conscience. Most are very legalistic, similar to the Jews.

Yes, I once heard an SDA leader scolding church members for bringing meat dishes to a pot luck. They try to force vegetarianism on the congregation.

The weirdest thing the SDA teaches is the "Investigative Judgement" .... a completely fabricated doctrine created after one of their many failed predictions about Christ's return. Jesus, they say, DID return but is secretly "investigating" our deeds and pronouncing us saved or lost based on same.

How ridiculous is that!

Comment

• I would not try to figure out their beliefs and just stay away from it. I have some very good friends who have recently left Adventism after a lifetime of "religion" within that cult. They understand grace and salvation so clearly now. SDA twist scripture and make a person feel guilty and never truly saved - simply because they cannot live by the law. There is no such thing as grace through Christ. Pastors have been dismissed in seminary for asking questions about grace. It is a cult. Run towards Christ.

Comment

• I remember a soda driver who delivered to the SDA academy nearby. For all their health consciousness, the No.1 soda they bought was...... Mountain Dew. One of the highest caffine drinks until Monster hit the shelves.
                  It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                  sigpic

Comment

• SEVENTH DAY ADVENTISM

There has been a strong uptick in Seventh Day Adventism. I'm putting this together as precaution and warning.

For starters I want to show you what they say officially on their website.

http://szu.adventist.org/wp-content/...28_Beliefs.pdf

Pay close attention to #18 and #24

The Scriptures testify that one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and we believe it was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. Her writings speak with prophetic authority and provide comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction to the church. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Num. 12:6; 2 Chron. 20:20; Amos 3:7; Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10; 22:8, 9.)
                    In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry, which was typi ed by the work of the high priest in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typi ed by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacri ces, but the heavenly things are puri ed with the perfect sacri ce of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy
to have part in the rst resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the com- mandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent.
                    Hopefully you caught that, like many other cults they have their own prophetess. And the 1844 Judgement.

For back story, Martin Luther predicted that Christ would be back no later than 1840. A group of people named The Millerites eagerly awaited the Lords return. So much so that when Christ didn't come back they made an excuse that he would come back in the 1844. This event would become known as the "Great Disappointment. Many people sold their homes and quit work.

Ellen White would later appear on the scene to explain what happened.

"As in typical service there was a work of atonement at the close of the year, so before Christ's work for redemption of men is completed, there is a work of atonement for the removal of sin from the sanctuary.* This is the service which began when the 2,300 days ended (according to Mrs. White this was in the year 1844!* Evidently the nineteenth century was more wonderful than we had imagined!-Ed.).* At that time, as foretold by Daniel the prophet, our high priest entered the most holy to perform the last division, of his solemn work to cleanse the sanctuary . . . in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ, and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary . . . so the actual cleansing to cleanse the sanctuary. . . in the new covenant the sins of moval, or blotting out, of the sins which are there recorded.* But, before this can be accomplished, there must be an examination of the books of record to determine who, through repentance of sin and faith in Christ, are entitled to the benefits of His atonement.* The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigation–a work of judgment.* Those who followed in the light of the prophetic word saw that, instead of coming to earth at the termination of the 2300 days in 1844 (as Prophet William Miller had so dogmatically and widely proclaimed.—Ed.), Christ then entered in the most holy place of the heavenly, to perform the closing work of atonement preparatory to his coming."
                    Needless to say the easiest verse to contradict this is.

“When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”
                    **John‬ *19:30‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/jhn.19.30.kjv

IS THAT ALL??

Nope. Other sets of false doctrine includes

- We are still bound to the 10 commandments. Generally they say we just love Christ so we want to be like him. But there is a very important reason you don't swallow this pill.

- Michael the Archangel is actually Jesus.

"Moses passed through death, but Michael came down and gave him life before his body had seen corruption. Satan tried to hold the body, claiming it as his; but Michael resurrected Moses and took him to heaven. Satan railed bitterly against God...but Christ did not rebuke His adversary... He meekly referred him to His Father, saying, 'The Lord rebuke thee.'" *Early Writings, p. 164 (emphasis added).
                    - Very health conscience since they still obey the commandments. They claim we are not bound by ceremonial laws but they heavily denounce pork eaters.
                    Selected Messages, book 2, page 417: "The eating of pork has produced scrofula [a form of tuberculosis], leprosy, and cancerous humors. Pork-eating is still causing the most intense suffering to the human race."
                    The biggest issue is they believe that the Mark of the Beast is actually............

"Sun"day worship

“I saw all that ‘would not receive the mark of the Beast, and of his Image, in their foreheads or in their hands,’ could not buy or sell. I saw that the number (666) of the Image Beast was made up; and that it was the beast that changed the Sabbath, and the Image Beast had followed on after, and kept the Pope's, and not God's Sabbath. And all we were required to do, was to give up God's Sabbath, and keep the Pope's and then we should have the mark of the Beast, and of his Image.”
                    There's a long history of false claims against the Roman Catholic Church (I'm not a fan at all but lies aren't acceptable either) that would take a long time to go through. But this is at the heart of it.

OTHER BLATANT ERRORS

Other lies from Ellen White include

http://www.bible.ca/7-prophecy-blunders.htm

"Time is almost finished", (E.W.,p. 64).

"Said the angel 'Deny self, ye must step fast.' Some of us have had the time to get the truth and to advance step by step...But now TIME IS ALMOST FINISHED, and what we have been years learning they will have to lean IN A FEW MONTHS" (E.W.,p.67).

"Some are looking too far off for the coming of the Lord. Time has continued a few years longer than they expected therefore they think it may continue a few years more. And in this way their minds have been led from present truth...I saw the time for Jesus to be in the most holy place WAS NEARLY FINISHED and that time can last but very little longer. The sealing time is very short and will soon be over" (E.W.,p.58).

Ellen White is also a huge racist.

"Opportunities are continually presenting themselves in the Southern States, and many wise, Christian colored men will be called to the work. But for several reasons white men must be chosen as leaders."4

The Colored People should not urge that they be placed on an equality with White People."5

"No one is capable of clearly defining the proper position of the colored people."6

"The work of proclaiming the truth for this time is not to be hindered by an effort to adjust the position of the Negro race."7
                    4. Ellen White, Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 202.

5. Ellen White, Testimonies Vol. 9, page 214, paragraph 3.

6. Ellen White, Testimonies Vol. 9, page 213 paragraph 4.

7. Ellen White, Testimonies Vol. 9, page 214, paragraph 4.

SO WHY ARE YOU SHARING THIS?

Because, and there's no nice way of saying this, they flat out lie or deny who they really are. They never tell people who they are but will suck people in at conferences or with their chick tracks but they use solid Bible End Times prophecies and at the last second get scared people to believe the Mark of the Beast is Sunday worship.

Walter Veith is a prominent Seventh Day Adventist.

The Bible Flock Box is prominent YouTube channel.

Dale Ratzlaff was a 4th gen SDA til he left. Here is a GREAT video (with a lot of good biblical teaching) on SDA.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                      This is the service which began when the 2,300 days ended (according to Mrs. White this was in the year 1844!*
                      Historicism'll do that to you.

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                      A group of people named The Millerites eagerly awaited the Lords return. So much so that when Christ didn't come back they made an excuse that he would come back in the 1844.
                      The Millerites were Historicists, from what I recall.

The "2,300" were not "years" (as they supposed, if I recall correctly) but "evenings mornings" (Dan 8:14). Back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
                        Historicism'll do that to you.

The Millerites were Historicists, from what I recall.

The "2,300" were not "years" (as they supposed, if I recall correctly) but "evenings mornings" (Dan 8:14). Back to the drawing board.
                        Yes they were!!

And FYI according to the SDA, the 2 witnesses are............

The old and New Testament!!
                        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

• You guys need to pray deeply for anyone in this cult.

Considering how they think Satan is the final sin bearer and that anyone who think Christ paid our sins is blasphemous, I looked into what they think the first seal of Judgement is.

The 1st Seal: A White horse: The Pure Church
                          White represents purity and righteousness. Revelation 7:14; 19:8; Isaiah 1:18. The pure white church went out “conquering and to conquer.” During this time the Gospel spread like wild fire. Paul said that the Gospel “was preached to every creature which is under heaven” (Colossians 1:23), and his opponents said that they had, “turned the world upside down.” Acts 17:6. The white horse is the apostolic church going forth victoriously under the banner of Prince Jesus.
                          http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-dece...n-6-commentary

That web page belongs to Walter Veith FYI

Comment

Working...
                          X