Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Seventh Day Adventists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seventh Day Adventists

Can you earn your way into Heaven?
    Prayer........the best wireless connection!

Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. Proverbs 6:6-8

Jesus was sent for all of us Free gift like you said! No earning or payment necessary.. believe on Him!!

Comment

Yes, Jesus has already paid the price with His blood! Not with gold or siver, but with the only thing that was Holy & pure. He became sin so that we might become righteous. Eternity began the moment we accepted Him as our Savior. He said on the cross "It is finished". He took upon Himself every sin that we would ever commit before we were even born because we were there on the cross with Him, in His mind! We need to realize that we are now righteous because of His death & resurrection. There is nothing we can do, nor need to do to earn salvation. It's not about what we do, but what He did! The enemy will try to remind of us our sins, & to accuse us, but we need to remind ourselves that It is finished.

Comment

All that is required is that you believe that.

Comment

You know I just spent a couple of days witnessing to a Catholic on-line. I am also a former Catholic.

I am discouraged. He thinks he is truly a christian and that he is born-again but could not acknowledge that his salvation is in Christ's work on the cross...only in Christ plus his works. It is so frustrating to have been there and not be able to break through the barrier that the Catholic church so snugly erects for people.

Just feeling down. I know I planted a seed. So I hope to take some comfort in that. And I am praying for him. But its still frustrating that he thinks his righteousness comes from his church membership and sacraments. There is an arrogance there that's hard to get past.

Hrmmph.

Comment

Originally posted by pegmo View Post
            Just feeling down. I know I planted a seed. So I hope to take some comfort in that. And I am praying for him.
            The Holy Spirit does all the heavy lifting. You can do no more than plant when and where He tells you to plant ... He waters ... He is responsible for the increase.

It is a bit heavy of a read as it is intended as a message to theologians and preachers but you may find the following a powerful tool.

The Terms of Salvation

PS ... do not miss out on the fact that a prayer of intersession is much more useful than a thousand words of argument.

Comment

Originally posted by pegmo View Post
              You know I just spent a couple of days witnessing to a Catholic on-line. I am also a former Catholic.

I am discouraged. He thinks he is truly a christian and that he is born-again but could not acknowledge that his salvation is in Christ's work on the cross...only in Christ plus his works. It is so frustrating to have been there and not be able to break through the barrier that the Catholic church so snugly erects for people.

Just feeling down. I know I planted a seed. So I hope to take some comfort in that. And I am praying for him. But its still frustrating that he thinks his righteousness comes from his church membership and sacraments. There is an arrogance there that's hard to get past.

Hrmmph.
              I find the same thing when I am out witnessing. I think a GOOD question to ask them is, have you ever felt you were headed for hell.
              If they say yes, then you ask what happened, why they felt that way and what they did to feel they are now going to heaven.
              If they say no, then you ask why they would need a Ssaviour? What are you being saved from? What was the point of Jesus hanging on the cross and suffering for us?

If I don't ask these questions, then we are doing circles.
              You just have to dig with them. Go to the sacraments and ask them, how that lead them to heaven. Most of us former catholics went through the motions, but did not really know or understand what we were doing. Most importantly there was never a Holy Spirit conviction. Lead them that way and they will either ask more questions or get mad and lay in bed thinking how they can win the argument. Just getting them to dig into thier own doctrine is a big eye opener. That is what happened to me.
              When a RC tells me that its not fair for me to say they are going to hell, I show them in the catecism where the RCC states I am a heritic and I am going to hell because I left the church. If its not okay for me to tell them they are headed for hell, why is it ok that THEY attend a church that says I am doomed for hell?

Makes them think!
              We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us—it simply reveals what we are made of already. -Oswald Chambers

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRaz
                Would you explain what our 'souls' are? Perhaps you have a scripture or two that explains the meaning of soul. Thank you.
                Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

According to this, the entry of the spirit of man (the breath of life here) into the flesh, creates the soul. It is the spirit which actually carries the experiences and life lessons. The soul is but the expression of those things. And it is what makes us all individuals.

Jesus spoke of his soul;
                Mat 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

The following is the "order of evnts" so-to-speak in worship and mans communion with God;
                Luk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
                Luk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.

Note the order, the soul opennly communicates what has already come through the spirit. This is the right order of communion.

There is more, but maybe that helps.

Grace and peace.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMontre View Post
                  Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

According to this, the entry of the spirit of man (the breath of life here) into the flesh, creates the soul. It is the spirit which actually carries the experiences and life lessons. The soul is but the expression of those things. And it is what makes us all individuals.

Jesus spoke of his soul;
                  Mat 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

The following is the "order of evnts" so-to-speak in worship and mans communion with God;
                  Luk 1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
                  Luk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.

Note the order, the soul opennly communicates what has already come through the spirit. This is the right order of communion.

There is more, but maybe that helps.

Grace and peace.
                  Body combined with breath makes a living soul?
                  Body bereft of breath makes a dead soul?
                  Soul is used with different connotations?
                  Is that what you are saying?

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRaz View Post
                    Body combined with breath makes a living soul?
                    Body bereft of breath makes a dead soul?
                    Soul is used with different connotations?
                    Is that what you are saying?
                    Not at all. The spirit within the body, creates the individuality....the soul.

Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The spirit of man is the life of man. Breath is simply the way it was often translated. Although you can't have one without the other I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by LaMontre View Post
                      Not at all. The spirit within the body, creates the individuality....the soul.

Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The spirit of man is the life of man. Breath is simply the way it was often translated. Although you can't have one without the other I suppose.
                      The bible says body plus spirit/breath makes a living soul
                      the bible says body minus spirit/breath makes a dead soul

Are you promoting the bible account of this event or an ism account of this event?

Read the creation story in Genesis, it does not support your view, which I assume is taught by the ism you espouse.

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRaz View Post
                        The bible says body plus spirit/breath makes a living soul
                        the bible says body minus spirit/breath makes a dead soul

Are you promoting the bible account of this event or an ism account of this event?

Read the creation story in Genesis, it does not support your view, which I assume is taught by the ism you espouse.
                        Obviously you have no idea what I am saying, and I see no point in attempting to get the point across any better. I have supported by assertions with scripture. Something your sentences above seem to lack (because there is none). You apparently advocate soul sleep, a concept completely alien to the scriptures.

Comment

Originally posted by kjlistrom View Post
                          All that is required is that you believe that.
                          The Bible Says...

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble" (James 2:19)

Believing that there is one God is a good thing and you believe in the truth; but it will do you no good, any more than it does devils who believe the same, unless it leads you to love and obedience.

Comment

Seventh Day Adventist

"Christ took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature"

"In the last days, the Sabbath test will be made plain. When this time comes, anyone who does not keep the Sabbath will receive the mark of the beast and will be kept from heaven"

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...da/adventi.htm

They sound logical, but... don't drink the Koolaid.

Comment

Originally posted by BeenReady View Post
                              "Christ took upon His sinless nature our sinful nature"

"In the last days, the Sabbath test will be made plain. When this time comes, anyone who does not keep the Sabbath will receive the mark of the beast and will be kept from heaven"

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...da/adventi.htm

They sound logical, but... don't drink the Koolaid.
                              You can and should worhip every day of the week. But, the fourth commandment says nothing about worship. What does it say?

Comment

Working...
                              X