Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You might be an Atheist Fundamentalist if....

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandra View Post
    Errr...did you read thru that list??? Even tho it is exaccerated for comic effect, it does show many of the misconceptions theists also have, like the total misunderstanding of how, when and why the theory of evolution works (or doesn't), thinking that atheists actually take comical movies or books as the sole truth, the belief that all atheists actually wage war on christians, the belief that the only religion atheists actually oppose is the american born again christianity, and so on and so on...and no, I do not state that either side fares any better on this department.
    Hey, Mandra! Well, you know the Spanish proverb, that within every joke is a grain of truth.

On a serious note I believe that both sides have serious difficulties in understanding each other's rhetoric, like when that "atheist bus sign campaign" (that I personally found rather silly and unnecessary) is thought among christians as a "personal, vicious attack on true christianity"...c'mon.
    See, I believe the correct perspective is not to see both *sides* as having equally valid presuppostions, debating ad infinitum to come to some agreements in the middle.

I believe Christianity is a revelation from God - no one can argue their way there - and it's all about Jesus Christ on the cross to pay for our sins. Do we believe and accept that or not? It's a yes or no answer, not a debate.

I personally have do not take offence if you call me the "village atheist"...
    Nah, we've got a few more here on the board. Just *play nice* and by the rules in our home; I look forward to further discussions with you.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

# You think questions like, "Can God create a rock so big that He cannot lift it?" and, "Can God will Himself out of existence?" are perfect examples of how to disprove God's omnipotence and ultimately how to disprove God. When someone proves to you the false logic behind the questions (i.e. pitting God's omnipotence against itself), you desperately try to defend the questions, but then give up and go to a different Christian site to ask them.
      When I was a child I always asked why God doesn't slay Satan & his minions. If one believes the thought that spirits cannot be destroyed, how is God 100%omnipotent? There 1 limit. (Father knows I say & believe so with all awe & reverence.-if he can't)

I am a STRONG believer in science & believe when God tells me how he created the universe, he will in effect, give me a science class-a la "Big Bang", "String Theory." Fact is, why no one can know enough of either to truly say, I believe both to be right. No science shakes my belief in the bible or vice-versa. Special Relatiity COULD(perhaps?) explain 6-day creation vs. billion years. I'm not saying I'm right, my belief, views, opinions just happen to be a Christian anomale. As long as I believe the Gospel, Father, & Jesus as the Lamb, I know I'll be good. While the mechanics interest me & I may attempt to guess at his methods, it doesn't make me a heretical blasphemer. I should like to mention: by nature/personality/thought patterns, I SHOULD be an atheist, & its beyond me how I came to be Christian. Oh well, while my partners in logic think so like me, they won't believe in God like me.

Atheism has become a religion, ever notice how atheists feel so strongly about it & must convince everyone they're right? It's their belief. It may sound like a "duh" thing to say. I don't know how else to convey my point, other than to say: atheism is their religion/belief. While they claim to believe nothing, they're awfully feverent-heart into it, about not believing.

Comment

Oh, and alien-seeded dna as the origin of life and evolution. Funny the evolutionists and atheists should find this valid. Someone, explain to me how this is NOT Intelligent Design? They swapped God with aliens, called us "stupid" & "fools," then believed the same origin of life. This drops my jaw every time, then makes me point & laugh. Especially that Dawkins(hero of the evolution pushers) guy who said the alien thing with a straight face, on camera. THE reason to watch Ben Stein's No Intelligence Allowed. I was speechless for hours after watching Dawkins, who are the "fools?"

Comment

And now for a much shorter dissertation....

Q - How do you know if you are a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac?

A - You lay awake all night wondering if there realy is a Dog.

Comment

http://www.buzzardhut.net/Tent/Soil.mp3

http://www.buzzardhut.net/Tent

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

That was good Buzzy One.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi3939 View Post
                That was good Buzzy One.

http://www.buzzardhut.net/Tent/Know.mp3

http://www.buzzardhut.net/Tent/Filled.mp3
                Last edited by Buzzardhut; May 23rd, 2009, 03:11 AM.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Very funny!
                  I have a lot of friends that are atheists though, and they don't seem to fit with any on this list. Hopefully they're just not fundamentalists.

Personally, I'm agnostic so I can't really be a fundamental anything, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by theophage3 View Post
                    Very funny!
                    I have a lot of friends that are atheists though, and they don't seem to fit with any on this list. Hopefully they're just not fundamentalists.

Personally, I'm agnostic so I can't really be a fundamental anything, I guess.
                    I'm sure they fit somewhere on the list
                    print it out and pass it around

Comment

Comment

regarding Christianity and how it looks from the outside

It's designed to look stupid to those who choose to not believe:

1cor 1:18"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, ..."

The fundy atheist thing and their attitudes actually only fit what the Creator wrote long ago. Their problem is blindness, not stupidity. I think we should be careful to not be mad at the blind guy who steps on our foot. Or the fundy atheist who shrieks violence and spits in our face.

I clearly remember those weird Christians when I was "working things out." Only after being saved and looking back on that same time span, clearly seeing it as a Loving Creator tugging at an insubordinate child.

Comment

Some of the things you listed does not conflict with being a Christian in general.

1. Evolution and Christianity is fully compatible. Evolution is a scientific understanding, based on observation, on how life become what it is now. It doesn't matter whether God created a us directly from dust or whether God made a universe such that we're the result of natural selection. Science merely say "This is what our model is based on observation. The model is useful. We're going to use it for further inquiry." In short, the validity of evolution does not disprove God.

2. Separation of church and state IS essential. For the protection of both church and state. If the separation no longer exist, there runs a danger of the intermingled church being corrupted. A few example...
                          Catholic church - Spanish Inquisition, Crusade
                          Islam - ... note problem in middle east.
                          Christianity - Salem Witchhunt.
                          In essence, once state and church intermingles, there is a strong change the state will use the name of the church to commit atrocities to further their own gain, tarnishing the name of God.

Also in response to theophage3, most atheists are decent and good individuals. They don't believe God due to three main things (as far as I know).
                          1. Their perception of Christians being radical and violent group. As a result they reason that either God wants his follower to behave like this, therefore isn't worth believing, or that there's no God.
                          2. There's no evidence of God. This is more of a misunderstanding given that belief in God is a faith. And faith, in essence, is a belief without evidence. In my personal view, I believe in a kind and loving God. I understand that there's no observable evidence for God, but I have faith that there's a reason God made it so.
                          3. This sort of ties into 1, but a few atheists I know were formerly Christian, but came from some... really intolerant and hostile groups. This counts as a misunderstanding that there will be people why spout hatred in God's name, that doesn't change who God is.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfModeration View Post
                            Also in response to theophage3, most atheists are decent and good individuals. They don't believe God due to three main things (as far as I know).
                            1. Their perception of Christians being radical and violent group. As a result they reason that either God wants his follower to behave like this, therefore isn't worth believing, or that there's no God.
                            God says there is no man who is good, no not one,

Some of the things you listed does not conflict with being a Christian in general.

1. Evolution and Christianity is fully compatible. Evolution is a scientific understanding, based on observation, on how life become what it is now. It doesn't matter whether God created a us directly from dust or whether God made a universe such that we're the result of natural selection. Science merely say "This is what our model is based on observation. The model is useful. We're going to use it for further inquiry." In short, the validity of evolution does not disprove God.
                            nope
                            they did not observe creation - FAIL
                            What God did matters to us and God, not to atheists
                            God disproves the validity of hysterical geology

2. Separation of church and state IS essential. For the protection of both church and state. If the separation no longer exist, there runs a danger of the intermingled church being corrupted. A few example...
                            Catholic church - Spanish Inquisition, Crusade
                            Islam - ... note problem in middle east.
                            Christianity - Salem Witchhunt.
                            In essence, once state and church intermingles, there is a strong change the state will use the name of the church to commit atrocities to further their own gain, tarnishing the name of God.
                            What will you do when Jesus returns to earth, creates His Kingdom in Israel and rules this world with His power?

Comment

I know the atheist communist states all murdered people of faith and continue to persecute them to this day.

Atheist states have committed atrocities against their own people in a far greater proportion than any other state. The Stalin genocide in the Ukraine killed far more than Hitler was able to do.

Calling Christians violent is simply not true. you might point to a few historical instances, but you can't paint the faith as violent overall.

This sounds like atheist propaganda. Are you an atheist? Are you a Christian?
                              What brought you to this board?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMannn View Post
                                I know the atheist communist states all murdered people of faith and continue to persecute them to this day.

Atheist states have committed atrocities against their own people in a far greater proportion than any other state. The Stalin genocide in the Ukraine killed far more than Hitler was able to do.

Calling Christians violent is simply not true. you might point to a few historical instances, but you can't paint the faith as violent overall.

This sounds like atheist propaganda. Are you an atheist? Are you a Christian?
                                What brought you to this board?
                                He got putted on Read only

Comment

Working...
                                X