This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Twilight" the story/movie

Is there a connection? I can't help but notice all the vampire themes lately in the media. Two movies, "Let the Right One In" and "Twilight" are in the movie reviews this week and both have vampire themes. My sister has teen age girls, and she said the hottest books right now among her age group are also vampire themed.

Why is that? Is there some new age connection? Or is it just about introducing more blood and violence to desensitize people? Or is there some sort of end times connection just because it is anti-biblical?

What do you think?
    is good
    33.33%
    is evil
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

Stories about vampires have been around since before Stoker's story, Ann Rice, etc . . . inspired by pure evil that is in the world - there is nothing new under the sun. All of it is from the very pit of hell.
    The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

Comment

It is not the subject matter that is a problem. It is the preponderance of it in the media that is a sign of the times. That and the new agers belief that is catching on with far too many of the deluded masses.

Comment

I moved the thread here, as their is a cult of vampirism that is alive and well today.
        Someone once wrote, "The vampire cult is the last and most damnable step in the exploration of Satanism".

Figured you might get more input here than the prophecy forum.

Comment

The Old Testament tells us the life is in the blood - Lev 17:11a: For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I feel this has been perverted in the legend of the vampire - that blood of creatures on earth - that are under the curse of sin - can give eternal life.

If you read the rest of the verse in Leviticus 17:11 it says: and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

The ultimate Atonement for one's life is the Blood of Jesus - Vampirism is a perversion of what Jesus did for us on the Cross!!!
          The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

Comment

anne rice was huge when I was in my teens.I used to have everyone of her vampire chronicle books.I remember some of the stuff she wrote and I shudder that I ever read them

Comment

Originally posted by ruth View Post
              anne rice was huge when I was in my teens.I used to have everyone of her vampire chronicle books.I remember some of the stuff she wrote and I shudder that I ever read them
              There is nothing wrong with enjoying speculative fiction as long as you know it is fiction and treat it as such. So what I am trying to say is that it is not the story that is wrong so much as it is the person who is unable to discern that it is fiction.

The discovery channel recently ran a program on the "Vrill". It was a life force described in a science fiction novel that developed a cult following and became one of the major influences in the belief system of Adolph Hitler. So you see what started out as a simple work of fiction was, at least in part, responsible for the worst assault on humanity by evil forces in modern history, ie; the holocaust.

In it's day the "Vrill" had as much of a cult following as L. Ron Hubbard's "Dianetics" that was the start of the Scientology movement of today. The ideas put forth in Dianetics started out as parts of Hubbard's science fiction works and became the foundation of the false religeon of Scientology when L. Ron Hubbard started believing his own twisted public relations and turned it into a theology for fools to follow.

Make no mistake, there are way too many fools in the world and they will follow anything they are taught with enough conviction and fervor. It doesn't even have to have self consistancy. Satan is capable of clouding the vision of people who don't seek the truth of the bible and that is who the real enemy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sing4Him
                Movie/Book Warning: A warning concerning Stephanie Myer's best-seller: Twilight

Category: * New Age Movies/Films
                Source: Kjos Ministries

If my goal was to undermine Christianity, incite rebellion against parents, eradicate Biblical values, and spread moral chaos, I would urge teens to read the Twilight series. I would prompt them to immerse their minds and emotions in the dark, emotional whirlpool of sensual occultism. And I wouldn't warn them of the consequences.

Of course, my real goal is the opposite: to expose this assault on Biblical faith and to equip potential readers with information that enables them to resist the temptation to join the collective journey into the mind-changing realm of the occult. The following points show the raging spiritual war that's sure to intensify in the years ahead. Click here to read this entire article: http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/twilight.htm

Related:
                Harry Potter and the Superconsciousness by Ray Yungen

Harry's Last Battles & Rowling's Beliefs by Berit Kjos

This article or excerpt was posted on November 30, 2008@ 1:11 am .

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch....php?p=1292&c=1

Comment

Garbage in, garbage out....

Comment

Yes, garbage in, garbage out. What don't people understand about that?

Comment

And of course, my 24y/o dd, who loves vampires, came home the other night to proudly tell me she just saw that movie What can I do? She loves the base and vile things of this life. I wish I knew what to do. Perhaps I will fast and pray today...

Comment

So I am getting the sense that its primarily rebellion in a general sense against God and His teaching.....and that it has an undercurrent of blood giving us power and strength as opposed to looking to the blood of Christ.

Did I interpret the posts correctly in that little summary?

Comment

Ephesians 6:12= As Christians our fight is not against humans but
                          against powerful spiritual beings of evil.
                          2nd Corinthians 11:14-15= Satan and his angels can appear as angels
                          of righteousness and light.
                          Matthew 7:21-23= Many who work miracles in God's name will not enter
                          heaven. Why? Because they do not obey God.
                          Leviticus 20:6= God will separate himself from those who go after
                          mediums and familiar spirits.
                          Leviticus 19:31= Stay away from mediums and familiar spirits.
                          Deuteronomy 18:10-12= practicing witchcraft, sorcerery, making spells,
                          being a medium are all terrible sins to God.
                          Leviticus 20:27= In the (OT) Old Testament, mediums or those with
                          familiar spirits were to be stoned. (Their called familiar spirits
                          because these evil spirits are familiar with the dead. Thus they can
                          imitate the dead.)
                          1st Samuel 28:3-25= King Saul asked the medium at En Dor to bring up
                          the prophet Samuel who was dead.
                          1st Chronicles 10:13= One reason King Saul died was because he asked
                          a medium for help.
                          Isaiah 8:19= Seek God not mediums.
                          Isaiah 47:13-14= Astrologers and stargazers won't be able to save
                          Babylon.
                          Daniel 2:27-28= God kept King Nebuchadnezzar's dream and its
                          interpretation secret from the King's astrologers, magicians or dream
                          interpreters, and soothsayers. However, he revealed it to his
                          prophet Daniel.
                          Acts 16:16-18= A girl was possessed by an evil spirit that enabled
                          her to be a fortune-teller. Paul commanded the evil spirit to come
                          out of her in the name or authority of Jesus. The evil fortune
                          telling spirit left her.
                          Deuteronomy 4:19= Be careful that you don't worship the sun, moon,
                          and stars.
                          Deuteronomy 17:2-5= In the OT those who worshipped the sun, moon, or
                          stars were to be stoned.
                          Revelation 22:14-155= Sorcerers (strongs pharmakeia #5331) will not
                          have access to the tree of life. Pharmakeia involves the use of drugs
                          in making evil spells.
                          Revelation 21:8= Sorcerers (pharmakeia), etc., will end up in the
                          lake of fire.
                          1st Samuel 15:23= Witchcraft is a sin like rebellion.
                          2nd Chronicles 33:6= King Manasseh angered God by practicing
                          witchcraft, sorcery, using mediums, etc.
                          Exodus 22:18= In the OT a sorceress was to be executed.

Comment

I think as long as teens are mature enough to realize the story is a work of fiction (and respond to it as such) it is alright for them to see it. My son is a literature major and certainly keeps his entertainment seperate from how he lives his life.

We may not be OF this world but we live ON it and I don't think Jesus wanted us to isolate ourselves from the realities of our day. An open mind is not a bad thing as long as a relationship with God is ALREADY present.

Comment

An open mind is not a bad thing as long as a relationship with God is ALREADY present.
                              How OPEN should we be? What do you mean when you say open? Is there a Scripture reference telling Christians that they are to have an open mind to the things of the world?

Phillipans 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

As His Bride said so eloquently, garbage in, garbage out. Truly
                              Thanks for the post Sing!
                              "..but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me." -Ezek. 3:14
                              May it ever be so!

Comment

Working...
                              X