Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Joel Osteen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Osteen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXY7-XyfBvs

Here's the link to the video, I'm not sure why it is not embedding (maybe because of the https).

Edited to add: For those curious, the video is actually a parody song ABOUT Joel Osteen and how he refused to help during the recent hurricane.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Thumbs up!

Comment

The true measure of a man is always revealed in calamity...

Comment

Originally posted by Trust&Obey View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXY7-XyfBvs

Here's the link to the video, I'm not sure why it is not embedding (maybe because of the https).

Edited to add: For those curious, the video is actually a parody song ABOUT Joel Osteen and how he refused to help during the recent hurricane.

Hilarious.

I watched Joel's answer back to criticism. The guy talks so smooth all the time that his constant studdering during the interview is highly suspecious and I doubt all he says.
        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
          Hilarious.

I watched Joel's answer back to criticism. The guy talks so smooth all the time that his constant studdering during the interview is highly suspecious and I doubt all he says.
          I worked in PR. The man was coached to the max and very quickly. Notice how he kept saying "our doors are always open..." (blanket statement) I mean, they have to lock the church doors at some point during the day/night -- but phrase makes it seem "all are welcome."

Another big red flag:
          "We are collecting items for baby, diapers.." (said it a few times) to make him appear SOFT. He didn't mention collecting much more than that, although they are NOW, but in PR anything tied to "baby" with his (and most) audiences is that it's always a soft spot and it draws attention to the audience thinking of happy feelings of "sweet little babies," versus what he was trying to deflect. The point was, he was trying to generate some warm fuzzies to smooth over the feelings people had of anger.

The fact he was stuttering because he had a crash course in WHAT TO SAY and WHAT NOT TO SAY - and he was thrust into the spotlight and had to remember the key phrases. If I watched it more than once, I could probably tell you what they were - but after the first time, that was enough for me. He did slip up one time, specifically, where he tried to retract and the stuttering got worse.

I know that the Bible shows that God casts light on "dark" behavior - and the truth eventually comes out. This was a wakeup call to Mr. Osteen. Unfortunately, instead of bringing him to his knees - which SHOULD'VE happened (with a repentant attitude), he doesn't have a changed heart, rather - he was more concerned with trying to save face.

Comment

Originally posted by LAMBorgini View Post
            I worked in PR. The man was coached to the max and very quickly. Notice how he kept saying "our doors are always open..." (blanket statement) I mean, they have to lock the church doors at some point during the day/night -- but phrase makes it seem "all are welcome."

Another big red flag:
            "We are collecting items for baby, diapers.." (said it a few times) to make him appear SOFT. He didn't mention collecting much more than that, although they are NOW, but in PR anything tied to "baby" with his (and most) audiences is that it's always a soft spot and it draws attention to the audience thinking of happy feelings of "sweet little babies," versus what he was trying to deflect. The point was, he was trying to generate some warm fuzzies to smooth over the feelings people had of anger.

The fact he was stuttering because he had a crash course in WHAT TO SAY and WHAT NOT TO SAY - and he was thrust into the spotlight and had to remember the key phrases. If I watched it more than once, I could probably tell you what they were - but after the first time, that was enough for me. He did slip up one time, specifically, where he tried to retract and the stuttering got worse.

I know that the Bible shows that God casts light on "dark" behavior - and the truth eventually comes out. This was a wakeup call to Mr. Osteen. Unfortunately, instead of bringing him to his knees - which SHOULD'VE happened (with a repentant attitude), he doesn't have a changed heart, rather - he was more concerned with trying to save face.
            I did not know that about the baby thing!

I took a debate/public speaking courses and knew studdering was a sign of "lack of confidence in a statement" so we would note what parts they had studdering issues at repeaditly (when they spoke flawlessly else wise) and hammer it home.

Thanks for the info.
            Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

I took a debate/public speaking courses and knew studdering was a sign of "lack of confidence in a statement" so we would note what parts they had studdering issues at repeaditly (when they spoke flawlessly else wise) and hammer it home.

Thanks for the info.
              You're right!

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't put him in glasses. You'll always notice people in court are coached to wear glasses. I worked for a top criminal defense lawyer (old pre-sheep days) and he'd always have our cases wearing glasses. It makes them look "less capable of committing a crime." It alters the state to make them look less menacing.

No joke, we had clients guilty beyond a reasonable doubt - but they'd wear glasses, and boom, acquitted. Crazy.

Maybe Joel should have tried some specs. . ..or just telling the truth. I would respect him much more if he was like "yeah, I did that, but it was wrong and here is what I'm doing to make it right.."

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                That's why I don't stutter. Everyone else just has a lack of confidence and hears it multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoknight View Post
                  That's why I don't stutter. Everyone else just has a lack of confidence and hears it multiple times.
                  Yuck yuck yuck lol

Comment

Originally posted by pianoknight View Post

Comment

Joel Olsteen also stated he would only preach 'positive messages' and will not preach about sin as 'that makes people uncomfortable'

Just another false teacher
                      My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trance View Post
                        Joel Olsteen also stated he would only preach 'positive messages' and will not preach about sin as 'that makes people uncomfortable'

Just another false teacher
                        Yeah, if he was Christ-like, he would be making people uncomfortable. Jesus preached the messages about sin. However, Jesus also was not popular, was homeless, and died with the criminals. I can see why no one would want to be like Jesus. If I am honest with myself, I don't want the life that Jesus lived either. Please God, forgive me for my greed and for loving my worldly comforts more than You!
                        "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                        always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                        knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Joel Osteen Opens Church to Jews for their Holiday

In this article, Lakewood Church has agreed to let Jewish worshipers come and use the church during the Rosh Hashana holidays, because the Jewish temple was totally flooded and is not ready for services.

http://www.jpost.com/Christian-News/...flooded-505901

Not only that, Joel Osteen will be participating briefly, according to a letter from Rabbi David Rosen.

Another move toward a one-world religion?
                          Last edited by Firefly; September 25th, 2017, 10:05 PM. Reason: Removed Facebook link and quote after reviewing board rules.
                          "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
                          always abounding in the work of the Lord;
                          knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
                            In this article, Lakewood Church has agreed to let Jewish worshipers come and use the church during the Rosh Hashana holidays, because the Jewish temple was totally flooded and is not ready for services.

http://www.jpost.com/Christian-News/...flooded-505901

Not only that, Joel Osteen will be participating briefly, according to a letter from Rabbi David Rosen.

Another move toward a one-world religion?
                            That doesn't concern me as much since it's with Jews. If it were with Hindus or some random religion, I'd be more worried. Christians should always be looking to help faithful Jews accept their Messiah! ☺️

That being said, this is Joel Osteen so we know the entire ordeal is a media play.

Comment

Working...
                            X