Mike Bickle and International House of Prayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
    Thats ok. I am sure you probably would acknowledge that many have differing views. I wasn't the person who started the thread.
    Funny, it is true that there are many views. It is also true that only one is correct. Scripture is pretty clear where that truth resides. IHOP and the whole KC bunch may get some things correct, I suppose, but look at the article and his dominionist views are quite disturbing. If we suppose he doesn't hold those, we need only look at those who credit him with helping shape their views.

todd bentley is a great example of one such devotee.

P.S. Did you read the article?
    There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

Thats ok. I am sure you probably would acknowledge that many have differing views. I wasn't the person who started the thread. I am just making the point that Mike Bickle's eschatology is in fact a historic premellinial view which is a common view. I like your alpaca avatar by the way.
      Thanks, I think he's cute too. My other avatar was intimidating, I was told, so I changed it to something folks want to hug and squeeze and take home and call George.

Comment

What about historic premellinnialism?
        Where IHOP and the KC bunch get it wrong is the trigger. They believe we need to usher in this kingdom. I have watched the videos about some last days revival to prepare the earth for His return.

Rev 3:20 doesn't show a "Victorious Bride" as ryan wyatt says, it shows a church asleep at the switch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady View Post
          Thanks, I think he's cute too. My other avatar was intimidating, I was told, so I changed it to something folks want to hug and squeeze and take home and call George.
          You need to go back to this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
            Where IHOP and the KC bunch get it wrong is the trigger. They believe we need to usher in this kingdom. I have watched the videos about some last days revival to prepare the earth for His return.

Rev 3:20 doesn't show a "Victorious Bride" as ryan wyatt says, it shows a church asleep at the switch.
            No, actually they don't believe that. They believe Jesus will usher in His kingdom at His return. Like most Christians they would agree with George Eldon Ladd who made popular the phrase "already but not yet" when describing the present tension of the kingdom of God. Also, they do believe there will be a revival in the last days - much like what Jonathan Edwards mentioned in his writings when he mentioned global concerts of prayer (he was actually a postmillinnialist but i believe he got some things right). Also, there are many verses in Isaiah and throughout the prophets as well as Romans 9,10,11 which talk about these things.

I don't think you are implying a connection in your post, but just for the record IHOP is not on the same page theologically with Ryan Wyatt.

Comment

Also, they do believe there will be a revival in the last days
              There isn't any scriptural backup for that claim. According to Jesus (and Paul) there will (and is) APOSTASY, not REVIVAL, in the last days.

IHOP is apostate, they are into contemplative prayer, who knows what else. They try to manufacture revivals and call them "of God".

Comment

• Originally posted by susanb View Post
                There isn't any scriptural backup for that claim. According to Jesus (and Paul) there will (and is) APOSTASY, not REVIVAL, in the last days.

IHOP is apostate, they are into contemplative prayer, who knows what else. They try to manufacture revivals and call them "of God".
                I guess awakening might be a better term. New souls coming in. They do believe there will be a great falling away but also recognize that there are many passages that speak about an awakening in the end - especially among the nation of Israel. Isaiah and Paul speak of this.

My main point is that there have been some serious misrepresentations of Mike Bickle's eschatology on this thread. He holds to a historic premillenial position.

Comment

I guess awakening might be a better term. New souls coming in. They do believe there will be a great falling away but also recognize that there are many passages that speak about an awakening in the end - especially among the nation of Israel.

after the Rapture of the Church..144,000 evangelist who themselves will be new believers will lead to a great awakening in Israel.

This is a pre-trib board ya know
                  Romans 13:11 This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here.

Comment

• Originally posted by susanb View Post

Also, there can be revival among those who don't fall away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundingtheAlarm View Post
                      after the Rapture of the Church..144,000 evangelist who themselves will be new believers will lead to a great awakening in Israel.

This is a pre-trib board ya know
                      I understand your position and the board. I am not pre-trib though - which is ok. Just correcting the misrepresentation.

Comment

• bozo, what was your take on the article that was linked? How does it misrepresent mike bickle and IHOP.

Comment

• Read from IHOP's own site.

http://www.ihop.org/Publisher/Articl...?id=1000000385

Contemplative prayer is heretical medieval misticism, and bickle promotes it through IHOP.

There is so much wrong with his whole movement and teaching, it's hard to know where to start. If people are coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus it is in spite of the teaching. I have no doubt if they are to grow in their faith The Lord will move them on from the KC bunch et. al.

Comment

• Ihop

just learning some things about some ministries online and where they stand in regards to their doctrine. Anyone knows anything abt this ministry?

www dot ihop dot org

A friend had recommended to me to go to KC in the summer and attend this church, supposedly a 24/7 worship, prophecy and all sorts of things...

Sorry for too many question, i figured tats the only way I will learn..

Thank you.

Comment

• Ihop has good breakfast. I recommend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sing4Him
                                Take a look in our doctrine forum.

(make sure ya'll do a search!)

I read it... wow, my friends are deep in this latter rain/ihop stuff.. They seem so devoted to it and even subscribe to their 24/7 live video..

I am speechless, so much stuff out there..

Thank you by the way for the above link..

Comment

Working...
                                X