Laundry List of False Teachers Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintTexas View Post
    So scary out there. Everyone seems to want to eat sheep rather than feed them.
    Ha! That is so true. Watch out for teachers who's breath smells of mint jelly!

Comment

I heard Hal Lindsey extolling the virtues of Hagee (double covenant theory) and Bill Bright.
      It's interesting to do an internet search on these teachers, and actually see who they are affiliated with.
      It's an eye opener! And can be discouraging, as one after the other collapses into the arms of the "emergent" church. Follow the money trail. Who subsidizes who!
      Can't roll with the flea afflicted, without catchin' fleas, IMHO.
      The scripture is the only true source for His Word.
      And we have the best teacher, in the Holy Spirit.
      Maranatha...Louise

Comment

Mint jelly

Originally posted by NoProvision View Post
        Ha! That is so true. Watch out for teachers who's breath smells of mint jelly!
        Good one!

Comment

Where would Kay arthur fit? I didnt see her on either list?

Comment

Originally posted by XMaryX View Post
            Would someone be able to compile a brief but comprehensive list of any known 'false teachers/preachers' out there? I've watched Creflo Dollar in the past, and didn't recognize him as a false teacher -- now I'm doubting myself and feel very disheartened. It seems like whenever I see something that screams 'wrong, vile, evil' (like the mom breastfeeding her 4 year old toddler ), it's not, but whenever I actually feel OK about watching someone teach/preach, etc., and I don't notice anything odd or falsifying about it, it turns out to be evil.

I'm getting to the point where I'm only going to read my Bible and only watch Precepts for Life (w/ Kay Arthur), Hal Lindsey, David Regan, David Jeremiah, John & Matthew Hagee, Carlton Byrd, Dr. Frederick Price, Jonathan Bernis and Frank Turek, and use RR and Before Its News for my news sources. I hate all this filthy deception; I'm trying to keep my garments white but I keep staining them apparently!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

PS: Why is Creflo Dollar 'bad', ie, 'a false teacher/preacher'?
            I would encourage you to pray for discernment. To be prayerful and to read your bible for yourself. Because someone says a minister is an apostate does not mean they are. There are indeed many out there, but there are many in the christian community way to quick to pronounce this statement on a brother or sister in the lord. I do not know about the others, but I personally do not believe Creflo Dollar or John Hagee are apostates. They preach the true gospel. Some times people have tapes from sermons with part of what the minister said or taken out of context. Yes, anyone could fall away from the lord or miss the mark in a certain area so always look to the lord rather than to man. To clarify about John Hagee, it is my understanding he does not teach dual covenant. However I believe he does say jesus came as the savior the first time and will come as the messiah when he returns. You could research more to get his position on that. Coming from a charismatic background I am not uncomfortable with these types of preachers which some on the board seem to be. But above all be prayerful. The holy spirit and the word of god will reveal who belongs to the lord and who doesn't.

Comment

An apostate is one who had the faith and departs from it. A person teaching heresy is one who is still in the faith and teaches a doctrine that doesn't coincide with the traditional norm. An apostate will deny the Trinity, the resurrection and virgin birth, the Bible as the Word of God, etc. A person teaching heresy may teach that we must worship on the traditional Sabbath or that we can't have music in our worship services.

Heresy is generally a doctrine someone else holds in relation to what your specific church tradition teaches . Both parties will say they teach from the Bible and it is the standard but the interpretation is different. I think Christians are very quick to label someone as teaching heresy or an apostate teacher just because the person doesn't teach exactly what the other person thinks the Bible says it teaches. Discernment is a requirement and a thorough understanding of the Word of God is necessary before we start putting labels on folks. What you may consider heresy may in fact not be. We must rightly divide the word of truth. And just because something or some approach makes us uncomfortable and is outside of our traditional norm doesn't make it heresy or the person an apostate. Take it to the scriptures as the Bereans did.

God bless.

-Speedy
              I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace and called according to His purposes

Comment

Originally posted by Tcpix02 View Post
                I would encourage you to pray for discernment. To be prayerful and to read your bible for yourself. Because someone says a minister is an apostate does not mean they are. There are indeed many out there, but there are many in the christian community way to quick to pronounce this statement on a brother or sister in the lord. I do not know about the others, but I personally do not believe Creflo Dollar or John Hagee are apostates. They preach the true gospel. Some times people have tapes from sermons with part of what the minister said or taken out of context. Yes, anyone could fall away from the lord or miss the mark in a certain area so always look to the lord rather than to man. To clarify about John Hagee, it is my understanding he does not teach dual covenant. However I believe he does say jesus came as the savior the first time and will come as the messiah when he returns. You could research more to get his position on that. Coming from a charismatic background I am not uncomfortable with these types of preachers which some on the board seem to be. But above all be prayerful. The holy spirit and the word of god will reveal who belongs to the lord and who doesn't.
                Can't help noticing you properly capitalized Creflo Dollar and John Hagee (X2) but consistently left uncapitalized: Bible, Christian, Lord (X4), Jesus, Holy Spirit and God.
                "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                  Can't help noticing you properly capitalized Creflo Dollar and John Hagee (X2) but consistently left uncapitalized: Bible, Christian, Lord (X4), Jesus, Holy Spirit and God.
                  Not capitalizing Jesus was a typo on my part. As for the rest, I'm sorry my grammar (or lack thereof) offends you. I know who I serve and so does my Jesus.

Comment

Just to deal with Dollar, or any teacher who subscribe to prosperity teaching, does the fact that God's sovereignty is replaced with man's bother you? Said another way, if we can claim and get whatever we want, independent of God's will, that means we are god at that point. A point by the way which Kenneth Copeland has made repeatedly.

RR does not believe in the prosperity doctrine and that is why he would be on that list as many others who espouse that are. It is a doctrine easily disproved by a well rounded study of Scripture as opposed to the pick and choose method prosperity teachers use.
                    There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

The biggest problem I have had over the years with the prosperity gospel is it is centered on man-- what can I get. It is not God centered. I've considered the prosperity teachers to be not much more than spiritual Amway distributors. The philosophy is the same-- you deserve this and God wants to bless you.

While it is true God does want to bless His children, He also wants us to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33). He gives us what we need, not what we necessarily want. Preaching a message on repentance and holiness doesn't draw in the crowds. Preaching about what you can get from God who is portrayed as a sugar-daddy does. When is the last time you heard a prosperity preacher focus on repentance and holiness?

God bless.

-Speedy
                      I am just a miserable sinner saved by grace and called according to His purposes

Comment

Not capitalizing Jesus was a typo on my part. As for the rest, I'm sorry my grammar (or lack thereof) offends you. I know who I serve and so does my Jesus.
                        It's a matter of respect. The word "lord" in the Bible could mean many things. Capitalizing the word connotes to the reader that you mean the Lord of all lords, not just any guy.

Similarly, the Bible refers to many "gods"; capitalizing it lets the reader know you mean the God above all (false) gods.

We capitalize "Holy Spirit" as it relates to the third Person of the Triune God and not some mere characteristic or impersonal force.

Et cetera with the other omissions.

We have had complaints, you have done this consistently in other threads. Respect the other members here also.
                        "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                          It's a matter of respect. The word "lord" in the Bible could mean many things. Capitalizing the word connotes to the reader that you mean the Lord of all lords, not just any guy.

Similarly, the Bible refers to many "gods"; capitalizing it lets the reader know you mean the God above all (false) gods.

We capitalize "Holy Spirit" as it relates to the third Person of the Triune God and not some mere characteristic or impersonal force.

Et cetera with the other omissions.

We have had complaints, you have done this consistently in other threads. Respect the other members here also.

Thank you for the heads up. I stand corrected on my capitalization's. I do need work in this area. When I post again I will be certain to be more respectful. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                            Just to deal with Dollar, or any teacher who subscribe to prosperity teaching, does the fact that God's sovereignty is replaced with man's bother you? Said another way, if we can claim and get whatever we want, independent of God's will, that means we are god at that point. A point by the way which Kenneth Copeland has made repeatedly.

RR does not believe in the prosperity doctrine and that is why he would be on that list as many others who espouse that are. It is a doctrine easily disproved by a well rounded study of Scripture as opposed to the pick and choose method prosperity teachers use.
                            I would have to answer your questions in several parts if okay. I am not big into the prosperity message. I do believe God wants to bless and prosper his people but I am concerned about some that speak the prosperity message. I cannot really speak much about Kenneth Copeland because I have only listened to him a very limited amount. As for Creflo Dollar, I would begin by saying I don't view him as simply a prosperity preacher. I realize he has preached about prosperity a lot in the past. My husband and I have listened to Creflo Dollar frequently for the past two years. He does preach some about prosperity, but I would say he has primarily preached about the church living holy, about righteousness, daily prayer and bible study and about the soon coming of the Lord. My husband has only been saved a few years. He has grown much under the teachings of our pastor. But his favorite "tv preacher" is Creflo Dollar. Not because of prosperity messages but because of holiness teaching which convicted him to seek a deep walk with the Lord. I truly believe that was the Holy Spirit.

As for the whole prosperity movement, I believe the message the pastors began to preach in the 70's that God wanted to prosper his people and bless them was from the Lord. For many years many Christians believed you had to be poor to be a Christian. My father came from this mindset. However, God does not want to prosper his people to live unholy, filthy lives full of greed. The prosperity I believe was to be used to bring the message of the gospel to the world. To feed the hungry, to help the widow and care for the orphans. Christians seem to always want to go too far this way or that. In my grandma's day being very harsh about dress and such, to the point of showing no love for the sinner who came in the door not properly dressed. To the prosperity person who takes all God has provided and stores it up for themselves instead of using it as a tool for the Lord like it was meant to be. Some prosperity preacher's I believe have gotten too far off course and some seem to not know the Lord at all. God will always bless and provide for his people but we are to use all he gives us for his glory. I read a book recently called "Radical" by David Platt. I think it is the direction the bride of Christ is headed now.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up. I stand corrected on my capitalization's. I do need work in this area. When I post again I will be certain to be more respectful. Thanks again!

Comment

All I have to say about Creflo is that there is nothing Godly about this. .....

Last edited by Steve53; July 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM.
                                For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Working...
                                X