Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    No one is perfect! Jesus is perfect!
    thank you! He is trying to make a difference and do something! He is a good Christian man.

Comment

Originally posted by 1forChrist View Post
      I totally agree!!! Never give up hope!!! Never!!! Yes, Jesus is coming back, but do we just sit in our houses and give up the fight! NO!!!! Jesus may not come back for awhile.....we don't know......we can't get lazy and think oh he is coming in a few years. I will just sit and wait. Fight people! Fight! Pray, give what you can, fast, pray some more.....listen for God's voice! Our great nation is fading.........let's not let it go without a fight!
      Yes!! I agree!! F I G H T !!! Fight fight fight!! Pray for A M E R I C A!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1forChrist View Post
        thank you! He is trying to make a difference and do something! He is a good Christian man.
        Indeed he is a good Christian man, and I am thankful for his testimony, and all the work he does for the kingdom of God. He is using his resources well, to the glory of Christ. May he and his family be blessed beyond measure.

Comment

I think he's a Calvinist, so he's probably not Dispensational and therefore is not looking for a pre-Trib Rapture.

We've had many long discussions here about the danger of Christians linking arms with non-Christians like Beck. We are powered with the Holy Spirit, our *weapons* of warfare are different than the world's.

The reason this thread was moved to Apostasy is for those reasons.
          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
            I like the trailer. Sure we're gonna continue to sink, but we should continue to fight for good until we're called home. That's what I think this movie appears to be about. Don't give up the fight. Continue to wear out your knees and be a light in this world of darkness.
            That is how the trailer came across to me. I think people should see it before condemning it for what "might" be in it.

I am surprised though, I have not seen Kirk Cameron do bad stuff or do unscriptural teachings, so I am not sure what the automatic assumption of this is bad and apostasy is about.
            Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
            You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
            12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
            O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
            Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

I am at the very least disturbed by Kirks actions and have been trying to put everything together. Its not passing the smell test. Kirk has spent the last year and a half working on this project and his rallying cry to reclaim America is...a monument built by masons? Cant help but think of the Tower of Babel. I truly hope this is a fantastic movie with a strong, clear gospel message. He made a statement and put it on facebook after catching some heat for going on Beck show. Skim through some of the comments. If nothing else this has caused a lot of confusion among people who follow Kirk Cameron. Many on there are claiming Mormons are Christians and many Mormons are posting with a lot in agreement with them. Red flags keep flying up for me.

Brannon Howse talks about Kirk and the monument.....
              http://worldviewweekend.com/worldvie...articleid=8031

Comment

Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
                That is how the trailer came across to me. I think people should see it before condemning it for what "might" be in it.

I am surprised though, I have not seen Kirk Cameron do bad stuff or do unscriptural teachings, so I am not sure what the automatic assumption of this is bad and apostasy is about.
                I explained it above your post.

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                I think he's a Calvinist, so he's probably not Dispensational and therefore is not looking for a pre-Trib Rapture.

We've had many long discussions here about the danger of Christians linking arms with non-Christians like Beck. We are powered with the Holy Spirit, our *weapons* of warfare are different than the world's.

The reason this thread was moved to Apostasy is for those reasons.
                "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Comment

Originally posted by HumbleBerean View Post
                  ...Brannon Howse talks about Kirk and the monument.....
                  http://worldviewweekend.com/worldvie...articleid=8031
                  Wow, I've always respected Howse's discernment and this little bit at the end of the article hit me particularly hard:

Please join me in praying that Christians will be discerning and not fall into the snare of Americanism and mix the gospel with the message or motive of "reclaiming America." Pray that fear for our nation's future does not cause the church to compromise but that we recommit our time and energy to the proclamation of the gospel and place our trust in God's sovereignty.

Amen, and praying...

Comment

Wow, I've always respected Howse's discernment and this little bit at the end of the article hit me particularly hard:

Please join me in praying that Christians will be discerning and not fall into the snare of Americanism and mix the gospel with the message or motive of "reclaiming America." Pray that fear for our nation's future does not cause the church to compromise but that we recommit our time and energy to the proclamation of the gospel and place our trust in God's sovereignty.

Amen, and praying...
                    +1

Comment

Agreeing with Brannon. He cares deeply for Kirk. But I will watch the movie. If the gospel does not appear in it then I know there is something wrong. But I've never known Kirk not to give the gospel wherever he is. So will keep in prayer and wait for the movie.
                      sigpicReady for the Rapture

Comment

Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post

I'm with you on that. I am saddened and shocked that we would categorize a brother in Christ under apostasy because he had an opportunity to reach millions of people to the glory of Christ. G-d uses all types of people, even those who are evil (not that I believe Glenn Beck is evil) to His glory at times, and to do His work. Sometimes they don't even know it.
                        Most all of us work with with non-Christians, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, etc. Are we supposed to quit our jobs or just not work with them on anything?
                        I do not see the harm in anything Kirk did by going on Glenn Beck's program. He reached a lot of people, and the only other alternative is to shut ourselves up in our homes and not talk or work with anyone, lest we be accused of apostasy for having lunch with a Mormon.

Comment

I just watched the Glenn Beck video.

I have great respect for Kirk Cameron but his attack on Bible Prophecy and end time events that are happening now is disheartening and makes me wonder does he really want Jesus to come back to this planet and rule from Jerusalem.

He says to prepare our children for the long term, as if Jesus is not coming soon, the Tribulation is not coming soon, the Battles of Gog/MaGog and Armageddon are not looming on the horizone, the mark of the beast is not being set up, the antichrist kingdom is not coming and all things continue as they have since the fathers fell asleep.

Kirk, you need to die to this world system and tell our Lord, "not my will but Thine be done".

Two words for you, Kirk, "COME OUT!"

Jumpmaster

Comment

With all do respect, that was a very small part of the movie and it was taken out of context. There is a website for this show, and more videos of him speaking recently at some churches right after the trailer. Please, .....be sure of what you are saying about a brother in Christ before making these accusations. It hurts me personally, when brothers and sisters in Christ make negative assumptions about another brother or sister without having all the facts.

Comment

I'm with you on that. I am saddened and shocked that we would categorize a brother in Christ under apostasy because he had an opportunity to reach millions of people to the glory of Christ. G-d uses all types of people, even those who are evil (not that I believe Glenn Beck is evil) to His glory at times, and to do His work. Sometimes they don't even know it.
                              Most all of us work with with non-Christians, Mormons, Jehovah's witnesses, etc. Are we supposed to quit our jobs or just not work with them on anything?
                              I do not see the harm in anything Kirk did by going on Glenn Beck's program. He reached a lot of people, and the only other alternative is to shut ourselves up in our homes and not talk or work with anyone, lest we be accused of apostasy for having lunch with a Mormon.
                              Please also watch your own words against the brothers and sisters here.

As was mentioned, we have had much experience with this in the several threads on Glenn Beck and the ecumenical prayers with John Hagee for the cause of *patriotism*. This is just another, it may be a new issue for some but it's not for the rest of us.

No one is saying quit your jobs if non-Christians are involved, stop that sort of charge, it's just too ridiculous.

If you don't understand the issues, ask, don't hurl out silliness like this.

It hurts me personally, when brothers and sisters in Christ make negative assumptions about another brother or sister without having all the facts.
                              It hurts everyone when this is done, on both sides of this issue. Let's ratchet the tone the thread has already taken and discuss it like the brothers and sisters in Jesus we are.
                              Last edited by iSong6:3; February 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Praying View Post
                                Do you really think people have a problem just because he was "having lunch with a Mormon?" If you do then just move along, it'll only hurt your feelings and you won't even understand why. Don't talk down to the people in this thread.

Let's ratchet the tone the thread has already taken and discuss it like the brothers and sisters in Jesus we are.

We need to get beyond the "cult of personality" Mr. Cameron is just another believer. It is the gospel and the warning which matters, and it sounds like he doesn't take the warning seriously. People have every right to expect him to, and be upset when he does not, and it even works against the knowledge of prophecy. Thats a problem, even if you do not think it is.
                                Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Working...
                                X