No announcement yet.

Israeli & Zionist-bashing group: "Christ at the Checkpoint"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a soul-sickening mix of liberal theology, liberation theology, anti-Semitism, replacement theology and Arab terrorism.

No Bible-believing believer has any business standing with these folks.

Thing is, they're trying to *engage* Christian Zionists in *dialogue* and try to change their minds.

We have to have ready answers, I know we here do.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
      And guess who this is from? Arabs and *palestinian* sympathizers who are *christians*. Their name? "Christ at the Checkpoint".

I heard about this on Hal Lindsey last night. They're going to have a conference in Bethlehem (*palestinian*-held) in March.

The battlelines are being drawn very starkly as our *brethren* call out those who support Israel in the Name of the Lord.

"An Open Letter to Christian Zionists" http://www.christatthecheckpoint.com...stian-zionists "...We write as evangelicals to you, our fellow evangelicals. On the shared basis of biblical authority, we ask you to reconsider your interpretation of Scripture, for the sake of God, humanity, the United States, and, yes, Israel itself, the Land and People you love."

Main page: http://www.christatthecheckpoint.com/

What struck me was how it seems we bible believing Christians seem to be a road block that needs to convert or go away. It also occurred to me why people will be celebrating and giving gifts to each other after the two witnesses are killed during the tribulation. Sorry but you just cannot silence truth.
      sigpic"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
      MTHW 24:31

Comment

Here's more on these *holy men of peace and justice*:

Charles Carlson, Stephen Sizer & Christ at the Checkpoint 2012
        Joseph W, December 29th 2011, 1:16 pm

Charles “Chuck” E. Carlson runs a page called “Pharisee Watch“, on his website We Hold These Truths.

“Pharisee Watch” is an attempt to identify Christian Zionists, the modern-day Pharisees, and expose them before concerned Christians. Carlson is also a Hamas supporter, who thinks that Hamas “has support because it delivers“.

Carlson’s writings are admired by Stephen Sizer.

Both Stephen Sizer and Charles Carlson have given interviews to the American Far Rightist, Mark Dankof.

Carlson shared a platform with Fred Tobin, Mark Glenn, Hesham Tillawi and various antisemites and Holocaust deniers in 2007. Carlson has also spoken alongside Glenn and Mark Weber at a conference organised by the Holocaust-denying outfit Jamaat al-Muslimeen.

Photos of Carlson’s protests outside various churches – and occasionallt synagogues – around the USA, available here.

Here is Carlson in conversation with American racist Mark Glenn.

Since then, Carlson’s podcast website now has a link to Glenn’s blog website, The Ugly Truth, where you can read Glenn saying says things like:
        “Personally I pray everyday that Iran gets the bomb or that she already has it. It is the one thing that might just reign you sos of bitches in and prevent the annihilation of the entire planet.” [...] Hitler this and Hitler that. He is more important to you than God. Talk about one-track minds. It’s no wonder you are such a backwards people and have to mooch off of the rest of us, you can’t come up with anything new. [...] It will be the best night of sleep I will have had in a long time, the moment when I know unequivocally that his ‘finger is on the button.”.........

Rest of article and pics here: http://www.politicus.org.uk/news/cha...heckpoint-2012
        "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Just read my siggy!
          I stand with Israel, now and forever.
          Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Comment

After you read her sig ACS, then read mine.

Originally posted by As_Caleb_Says! View Post
            Are you questioning their salvation due to their disagreement over Zionism?
            Joel 3:2
            I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.
            Ya, I'd say these meddlers are blind and ignorant. Perhaps the Lord will bring these so called peace activists down to the valley as well.

No matter what men say about the land of Israel, Palestinians and the like, the Lord doesn't like people dividing His land.

Its His response these people should fear, not American Zionists. Which is always the problem to me, these so called believers who love peace and the Palestinian people, who love to rebuke and admonish us ignorant and unlearned American Zionists, look out for the Lord's response to your letter, and to all your other activities. I ain't worried about it, perhaps you people should be.

We should craft our own "open letter" to these people.
            Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

These folks are going to have meetings in Bethlehem in March? Is that under Palestinian control?
              I was praying about this earlier that God would open these peoples eyes and change their hearts. Afterwards I got a very uneasy feeling that they may get to witness first hand the "love" of a few of the not so kind and gentle Palestinians. I believe it was in Bethlehem where the loveable Pali's mowed down some members of a muslim wedding party because they committed the grievous sin of having music and dancing at their wedding.

I believe we need to be praying about this situation, because these people have no clue, and the outcome may not be as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by WVBORN56 View Post
                Of all the bad Bible interpretation I think replacement theology is one that gets my ire up the most. Most of the people I know with this position come from a presby reform background. The guys I know are saved and are off the chrats smart. Maybe they are relying on their own brain power and not on the HS? It just seems to me when we are off base the HS is ususally screaming to us no, no, no. Are they not listening? I don't get it...

I don't get it either.

Recently, a college student friend met with my husband for lunch. This young man is passionate about his faith, and is studying Arabic languages ostensibly so he can witness to Muslims. In this environment, he seems to becoming influenced to feel sorry for the Palestinians and seeing Israel as the aggressor. During the lunch, he talked on and on, complaining against Israel, and when he finally paused, my husband looked at him and just simply said something like "It comes down to this. There is something very wrong in our relationship with the Lord and our understanding of the Word if we find ourselves opposing what He calls the 'apple of His eye.' " This student stopped, looked shocked, and said that no one had ever said that to him before.

No one had ever said that to him before? That's what surprises me. I used to think that anyone who had ever read the Bible would understand this. We are living in very strange times, where ordinary, authentic believers are shining like stars in a night sky.

Comment

Going through the list of "Speakers" is a who who of the contemplative, emergent religious left.

Tony Campolo
                  Shane Claiborne
                  John Ortberg
                  Lynne Hybels

Not your ordinary Biblical Evangelicals to be sure.
                  There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

ugg, wolves in sheep's clothing, perhaps?
                    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Originally posted by Jacinth View Post
                      ugg, wolves in sheep's clothing, perhaps?
                      Wolves in wolves clothing, but with the word Christ thrown in to get the duped on board.

Comment

I am not jewish, have no jewish friends, and realize that the jews are a sinful people(as chronicled in the old testament). I am a sinner also. So are you. God's word states clearly that he choose this race to be a blessing to the world(thru our savior(a jew) and the word of God(pinned by Jews). I will bless those who bless you(Israel) and curse those who curse you. I for one don't want to be on the receiving end of one of God's curses.

Comment

Frauds using the name of Christ--they are liars and have cast their lot with the enemy!

Nothing less can be used to describe them........
                          John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by As_Caleb_Says! View Post
                            I don't question the salvation anyone who claims they are saved by the grace of Christ. Only God can see into their souls. I'm so far from perfect, that it's not even funny. I'm the scum of the Earth, and not worthy of His grace. But i have it just the same. That being said, they are absolutely wrong. And God will correct them, whether they are His or not.

Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                            After you read her sig ACS, then read mine.

Ya, I'd say these meddlers are blind and ignorant. Perhaps the Lord will bring these so called peace activists down to the valley as well.

No matter what men say about the land of Israel, Palestinians and the like, the Lord doesn't like people dividing His land.

Its His response these people should fear, not American Zionists. Which is always the problem to me, these so called believers who love peace and the Palestinian people, who love to rebuke and admonish us ignorant and unlearned American Zionists, look out for the Lord's response to your letter, and to all your other activities. I ain't worried about it, perhaps you people should be.

We should craft our own "open letter" to these people.

I think "doesn't like" is an understatement. Whether any of these people are saved or not, they are part of the emergent church. They are harming Israel and we know what God said about that. It's going to be bad, real bad. Come out of her my people.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
                            And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Comment

Hatred of Israel is hatred of God. He warned in Genesis 12:3 that those who curse His people will be accursed.

You may play games by shifting the discussion to "questioning salvation" .... you can parse your words any way you please to make Zionists uncomfortable but NEVER doubt God's warnings.

Comment

We are going to cover this and other such groups on Rapture Ready Radio tonight. 9 pm EST

http://www.rapturereadyradio.com/rrrtuesday.html

Comment

Working...
                                X