X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend

The Other Side of the River by Kevin Reeves

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

A compelling and deeply personal account of a young man's spiritual plunge into a movement called the "River." Sometimes referred to as the River Revival, the Third Wave or the Latter Rain, this movement is marked by bizarre manifestations, false prophecies and esoteric revelations. Warnings of divine retribution hold many adherents in a bondage of fear, making them afraid to speak out or even question those things they are taught and are witness to. In a biographical setting, The Other Side of the River, is a powerful and needed warning to the body of Christ. In a day and age when church-growth techniques mixed with mystical practices are leaving a wreckage of human lives littered with the debris of false doctrine. For Kevin Reeves, his determination to rescue his family came to the forefront, even if the cost was high and even if he had to stand alone. His journey back into the freedom and simplicity of Jesus Christ would be worth the price.

The Other Side of the River is the true-life memoir of author Kevin Reeves, detailing how a spiritual movement called "the River" (also known as the Third Wave or the Latter Rain) and its repercussions within his family's church, the New Covenant Fellowship, affected his life and faith, as well as that of his loved ones. The Other Side of the River tells of how warnings of divine retribution were used as threats to keep members in line; how such blatantly false or nonsensical beliefs such as the idea that faithful women never feel pain from childbirth (since pain of childbirth is allegedly the legacy of the Original Sin) were prevalent; questionable worship practices; the author's own search for truth in the words of Jesus Christ and scripture even as he became increasingly disillusioned with the cultlike behavior he saw; and much more. "...the true prophets of old and the original New Testament apostles didn't charge at all for the Gospel, but today's prophets, acting more in the know than even Paul or John, make a hefty living drawing in the crowds. As long as they're able to come up with one more hidden key to spiritual prosperity, as long as they can persuade the average believer that he is lacking in some Christian fundamental, today's gospel merchandisers will continue to draw the misinformed with their promises of more. And make them pay through the nose with it." A sober and reflective testimony on the misuse of religious leadership, trust, and authority, highly recommended.

This is an eye-opening book because I believe it may describe (though to a more extreme extent than is typical), the experiences of many a young Christian that got sucked into this word-faith / river/ apostolic movement and its wacky beliefs and practices. Most sobering is the psychological and emotional grip that is used to control and delude, and the fact that many of the culprits are very much deluded themselves. A timely warning for each Christian to be a Berean and to be aware of many off-road but powerful doctrines in the air today.

A great book by someone who was deceived for many years by the "River Movement", which also is related to the "Word of Faith" and "Dominion/Kingdom Now". These movements are endorsed by people like Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and many other TBN heretics. Other well-known names to watch out for are Jesse Duplantis, John Wimber, and Rodney Howard-Browne. I would honestly like to see the amounts of money being made by any one of these people. It's a shame that Christians do not compare what these people say with the Holy Bible (KJV).

So-called holy laughter, shaking, heat sensations, etc are not holy at all. Thank you Mr. Reeves for having the courage to come forth with your story and enduring the chastisement from others and also the embarrassment that comes with acknowledging your errors after searching the Scriptures.

This book exposed the heresies practiced by the "new move of God" in the church today.I have to admit feeling the same way as the author did while he was involved in the "River" movement. I knew something was not right! He confirms this with biblical backing! I could not put it down, really! I really recommend this book.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

More on Dan Bohi

Here is Dan about raising the dead " "I prayed for a man. My brother and I were in revival in Coffeeville, Kansas... and we prayed for a man who was dead... and he came back to life. I prayed for a man when I did a revival at the Roy Clark Theatre in Branson… and he came back to life. I prayed for a man in Olathe, Kansas at a Tuesday night revival service at 9:04 pm... and he came back to life. I haven't raised 600, like Heidi and Roland.. but I've done three because I’m a Nazarene and we always have three points.” (laughter)"

Start at the 2:45 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=MAXHC0Z_oKY

The Heidi and Roland (are the Bakers) he is referring to are followers of Randy Clark and they all have deep ties from Brownsville and the Catholic Church.http://www.siena.org/April-2011/

We also posted in another forum that Dan had filed bankruptcy 3 times. I pulled the post until I found proof. We found that Dan has filed at least twice.

More from Dan Bohi and his FB page..I never stop being amazed at the goodness of God when we obey his word. Last night in Pasadena Texas 75 people testified to being forgiven of all sin,35 testified that they were sanctified thru and thru,and 50 testified that they were healed and felt the physical manifest presence of Jesus. To God be the Glory. Driving to Killeen Texas today appreciate your prayers.end quote. Now notice how clever this was stated. Dan didnt say he actually say felt the physical manifest presence of Jesus he had someone else say it for him. WOW shades of Benny Hinn. Now this takes it a step further because yes I can see where we feel the presence of the Holy Spirit for sure. But to state the physsical presence of Jesus is impossible because He is seated at the Right hand of the Father until is Return according to scripture.Hebrews 12:2
      King James Version (KJV)
      2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Dan has already expressed he does not like certain parts of the book of Hebrews such as Hebrews 11 and what it says about faith.I think its a pretty bold statment to put out there that Jesus showed up in a physical sense (Dans words not mine).

Dan Bohi and the Roman Connection you tell me what you think. From Dans FB Page."Adam and Esau gave up there birthright and authority for a meal. Are you willing to eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood to get yours back?"" "when Jesus said eat my flesh and drink my blood,and Peter said we could partake of the divine nature these were invitations to become one with Him."Another quote from Dans FB page ".I never stop being amazed at the goodness of God when we obey his word. Last night in Pasadena Texas 75 people testified to being forgiven of all sin,35 testified that they were sanctified thru and thru,and 50 testified that they were healed and felt the physical manifest presence of Jesus. To God be the Glory." Notice Dan did not say he did not feel the physical manifest presence of Jesus
      . He had other say it for him. What does the scriptures teach on where Jesus is right now?Hebrews 12:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
      Also read John 14. This is very simple basic Christianity 101 folks and I am amazed at the like buttons being hit on Dans comments from Concerned Nazarenes from this site who should do less following Dan and more bible study. First of all I want to add that both the Mormons and the Word Faith teachers believe Jesus shows up in a physical way all the time. That being said what does the Roams Catholic church teach and does it compare to Dans teaching. I will lay out Romes teaching and I will let you decide for yourselves. Romes Teaching on the Eucharist or communion is this. Catholics believe they actually receive grace that enable them to do good works and keep the commandments. Could this be seen as a means to be sanctified and do signs and wonders you decide.. The Eucharist says the Church is an antidote to free us from daily faults and preserve us from mortal sins," and is a pledge of our future glory and unending happiness (established in the Church of Rome 1395,1402-1405,1436). It spiritually nourishes the soul and makes the Catholic more like Christ,for "partacking of the Body and the Blood of Christ has no less as effect than to change us into what we have received." (could this be the inheritance or heritage Dan was talking about-I dont know but what I quoted in Romes teaching not scriptural teaching) More from Rome Those receiving holy communion obtain a fuller blessing and enjoy "an intimate union with Christ Jesus" (established 1392,1396,1416). There are the teachings of Rome and Dan Bohi back to back I would encourage you to check the scriptures and come to your own conclusions. Tim

Comment

Originally posted by simplyagape View Post
        Dan Bohi and the Roman Connection you tell me what you think. From Dans FB Page."Adam and Esau gave up there birthright and authority for a meal. Are you willing to eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood to get yours back?""
        That would be enough for me to walk out. Of course, I doubt I would ever walk in either. Such a statement is so loaded, you can fit any false theology into that, not to mention how catholic it is. Talk about a hot mess! Mix RCC and Charismania teaching together.

Some of these guys need to take a lesson from Mr. Obama, don't go off script or teleprompter, their real theology will slip out and show how goofy they are.
        Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

After reading all of these comments, why do I have a strong urge to sing " O Danny Bohi ".

Comment

1 John 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." (KJV)

Psalm 94:18 "When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up." (KJV)

Daniel 9:1

Comment

I was raised in a very conservative-fundamentalist church setting. I struggled for years and fell away from the church in my early twenties. When my wife and I were married, she pushed me to find a church that we could be a part of, and as a result, I began attending the Nazarene church.

A year or so ago, we had Dan Bohi attend our church for a revival meeting. There was a whole bunch of excitement, and the call for the Spirit to fall afresh on the Church and all of that. I didn't mind that. But I have never been one for healing services, and yet here it was, following the prayer and preaching. I can say that it was hard for me to stay a member afterwards, because though I believe in Biblical healing and the anointing of oil and laying on of hands, I do not believe in the charismatic manner of miracles. People who have never been in our church came, like a bunch of Bohi groupies, and after they received their 'miracle' they've never been back.

The saddest part was a little lady who was a member of our church came forward for healing at the end. She had suffered with cancer for years, but asked for prayer. The false prophet prayed and all that, and then time went on. It was a false revival, obviously as much has remained the same a year later. That little lady has passed away since, and Bohi continues to tour.

I have read a lot lately about the Emergent Church's move to infiltrate the Nazarene denomination in recent years. That was always the difference between Nazarene and Pentecostal doctrine, the lack of emphasis on signs and wonders, and I am not a Pentacostal. If it continues, I will have to leave. It's disappointing, but my call is to serve God as a minister, not a denomination.
              1 John 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." (KJV)

Psalm 94:18 "When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up." (KJV)

Daniel 9:1

Comment

Working...
              X