Miracle, signs, and wonders conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miracle, signs, and wonders conference

Ugh! Coming to my town from May 19th to the 22nd! Scheduled to appear are: with Georgian & Winnie Banov, Heidi Baker, Mel Tari, & Patricia King and extravagant praise and worship by Rick Pino

Most of my family will be going, keep them in prayer please!!!

peace,
    meshee
    "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2 NKJV

The word for "sun" in HEBREW is שמש/she-MESH!

Here are 2 videos about the dangers of Soaking Prayer which the people you mentioned are into heavily:

Comment

Smart of you to be wary... I am praying for y'all.

Comment

thanks susanb, great videos! My initial reaction was of course shock in seeing Patricia King, I had not heard of the others, but did some research much to my dismay.

I wish I could find that video of Patricia King that OWL had posted some time ago.. she was talking about the gold dust phenomenon and broke out in "whoa" repeatedly! I would post it on facebook.
        My search here left me empty.
        "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2 NKJV

Comment

ok well I remembered, it was the "breaker anointing" hehe but much to my dismay...

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Christian Services Association.

Comment

RE: The soaking prayer videos:

notice how no matter how many times that lady went to those meetings or stayed in that movement, God would never let her feel at ease with it.
            She kept ignoring Him, but He didn't turn away.
            He kept on until she listened.

Very comforting for those who are afraid they might "get deceived".
            I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
            For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
            no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

I would run from anything that involves Patricia King and Heidi Baker
              For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

Originally posted by meshee View Post
                thanks susanb, great videos! My initial reaction was of course shock in seeing Patricia King, I had not heard of the others, but did some research much to my dismay.

I wish I could find that video of Patricia King that OWL had posted some time ago.. she was talking about the gold dust phenomenon and broke out in "whoa" repeatedly! I would post it on facebook.
                Years ago, as a new Christian, I rather inadvertently got caught in this whole charismatic movement. Shortly after accepting Jesus, I was befriended by a very devout woman who claimed to have had a vision of Jesus. It took her probably an hour to describe the vision, and it was very convincing. Perhaps she had a vision...maybe she did not. That's not the point. Her vision caused a hunger for the experiential in me.

That is a horrible trap to fall in. I went to the Brownsville revival. I got involved with Morningstar Ministries and others (Dutch Sheets, Cindy Jacobs, Gwen Shaw, Bob Jones...) If there was a manifestation, I wanted to be there. I have seen gold and oil manifestations and among other things. I would make "tabrets" and I bought scarves / tambourines and would dance with them. I tried "centering prayer." I tried listening to the Lord and just writing down anything that I thought I heard. Yet, nothing like that ever really happened to me - no visions, no gold... (Yes, I was a real fruitcake... )

Now, I started feeling left out...unloved by the Lord. Why wasn't I experiencing these things? Was I not doing something right? Was I harboring unconfessed sin? What was wrong with me? I can tell you that this is a horrible horrible place to be. I just wanted to experience the Lord like all those other people around me who were falling down, prophesying, having visions, etc... I felt like, if I wasn't experiencing, then I was "less than" all the others.

The bad thing about this is that there are some folks who honestly believe what they experience is from the Lord and I believe some just make it up to feel included. Anyway, since I'm not in their head, how do I really know that God didn't give someone a vision or dream? I believe that God can work in wondrous ways. I don't believe that He quit working after He ascended into heaven. In short, I don't believe that all manifestations of God's power are fake. I just believe that much, if not most, of what we see (especially that which is seemingly perverse) is not of God. The Bible says that God is not the author of confusion and states this in context of the working of the spiritual gifts in the church. Well, what I have seen IS confusing.

Personally, I believe that when God does something wonderful, people often get "in the flesh" and try to duplicate. At that point, the enemy comes in because he has a foothold and we get all sorts of ugly looking stuff. And, all this ugly "stuff" drowns out the true and meaningful work of God - which is the enemy's goal.

At any rate, never seek the manifestations. If God wants to do something wonderful in your life, He can do it anytime and anywhere. First, seek Him.
                For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. ~Ephesians 2:8-9

Comment

Awesome post Eleora!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eleora View Post
                    Years ago, as a new Christian, I rather inadvertently got caught in this whole charismatic movement. Shortly after accepting Jesus, I was befriended by a very devout woman who claimed to have had a vision of Jesus. It took her probably an hour to describe the vision, and it was very convincing. Perhaps she had a vision...maybe she did not. That's not the point. Her vision caused a hunger for the experiential in me.

That is a horrible trap to fall in. I went to the Brownsville revival. I got involved with Morningstar Ministries and others (Dutch Sheets, Cindy Jacobs, Gwen Shaw, Bob Jones...) If there was a manifestation, I wanted to be there. I have seen gold and oil manifestations and among other things. I would make "tabrets" and I bought scarves / tambourines and would dance with them. I tried "centering prayer." I tried listening to the Lord and just writing down anything that I thought I heard. Yet, nothing like that ever really happened to me - no visions, no gold... (Yes, I was a real fruitcake... )

Now, I started feeling left out...unloved by the Lord. Why wasn't I experiencing these things? Was I not doing something right? Was I harboring unconfessed sin? What was wrong with me? I can tell you that this is a horrible horrible place to be. I just wanted to experience the Lord like all those other people around me who were falling down, prophesying, having visions, etc... I felt like, if I wasn't experiencing, then I was "less than" all the others.

The bad thing about this is that there are some folks who honestly believe what they experience is from the Lord and I believe some just make it up to feel included. Anyway, since I'm not in their head, how do I really know that God didn't give someone a vision or dream? I believe that God can work in wondrous ways. I don't believe that He quit working after He ascended into heaven. In short, I don't believe that all manifestations of God's power are fake. I just believe that much, if not most, of what we see (especially that which is seemingly perverse) is not of God. The Bible says that God is not the author of confusion and states this in context of the working of the spiritual gifts in the church. Well, what I have seen IS confusing.

Personally, I believe that when God does something wonderful, people often get "in the flesh" and try to duplicate. At that point, the enemy comes in because he has a foothold and we get all sorts of ugly looking stuff. And, all this ugly "stuff" drowns out the true and meaningful work of God - which is the enemy's goal.

At any rate, never seek the manifestations. If God wants to do something wonderful in your life, He can do it anytime and anywhere. First, seek Him.
                    Eleora- Well put! Thank you! We need more people to post of their experiences with this phenomena, and how they were able to overcome by God's leading and through His power and the Word of God.

Comment

This one?

There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                        This one?
                        It is a sign all right, but not from God.
                        Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                          This one?
                          OWL, thanks!!!!!

I don't know why i couldn't find it, but none-the-less, thanks, thanks, thanks!

peace,
                          meshee

Comment

OWL, thanks!!!!!

I don't know why i couldn't find it, but none-the-less, thanks, thanks, thanks!

peace,
                            meshee
                            Only here at RR would anyone thank me for posting that mess.
                            There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

ok....

So, the conference came and went. To my thankful surprise, there were no "signs or wonders" displayed. No gold dust, angel feathers, etc. There was, however, a time of "soaking prayer." After posting the articles I found and the video of Patricia King (thanks again OWL, hehe) I have come to find out that some of my family actually read and watched the material I posted. However, they still attended the event. They all felt that their discernment would be dead on. My Mother-in-law tells me she was once told that as Christians we should "chew the meat, and spit out the bones." I am unfamiliar with this line of thinking... can anyone expound more on this?

peace,
                              meshee

Comment

Working...
                              X