This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by equalizer View Post
    Add Rick Warren to your list of Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen and Creflo Dollar. All of these have a false Christology. Warren uses the blasphemous New Age paraphrase of the bible by Eugene Peterson called "The Message" as well. I invite you to go to You Tube and listen to a man named Jacob Prasch teach. He has a number of videos identifying false prophets/teachers and explains why they are
    NOT of the God of the bible. You can NOT have the spirit of truth ( The Holy Spirit ) and the spirit of error ( The Zeitgeist or spirit of the new age ) BOTH present in the same place. You will have one or the other. Warren preaches a false Christology so you know which spirit you are getting in the place that endorses his teachings. You may as well go for a coffee as listen to him spew false doctrine around like it was water.

God Bless
    And Pat Robertson. The stuff that comes out of his lips makes my stomach churn. He even once chided a mother for grieving for the loss of her child and told her to be happy the child was dead because the child 'could have grown up to become the next Hitler'

How he can even look himself in the mirror is beyond all comprehension
    My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBunny View Post
      Hello Brothers & Sisters In Christ
      this year Daystar was added to Foxtel (Aussie cable tv). now most of it is no good, most preachers are straight out of Jesus's letter to Laodicea
      but there are two fantastic shows on Monday afternoon, The John Ankerberg Show & Pastor Michael Youseff. the latter is my favourite to listen to.
      I just ordered some dvds from John Ankerberg's website, the money will go to funding his show around the world.
      when there is nothing good on Daystar (which is most of the time) and on ACC tv, I'll play the 4 dvds I ordered
      I think it a great help to have some on there that are known to be good teachers.

I have been giving this thread some thought, and was thinking we need lists of bad teachers,
      but there are so many of them that I think it would be far easier to list the good ones.
      Much shorter list.

(There is already a list on this forum, echoed from Buzzardhut's board, but it doesn't look like it
      has been updated in a while, so there may be a few more good teachers somewhere.)

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
        I think it a great help to have some on there that are known to be good teachers.

I have been giving this thread some thought, and was thinking we need lists of bad teachers,
        but there are so many of them that I think it would be far easier to list the good ones.
        Much shorter list.

(There is already a list on this forum, echoed from Buzzardhut's board, but it doesn't look like it
        has been updated in a while, so there may be a few more good teachers somewhere.)
        I looked up both Ankerberg & Youseff on Buzzardhut's list to see if they were there. happpy they were
        "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

I looked up both Ankerberg & Youseff on Buzzardhut's list to see if they were there. happpy they were
          I am glad the ones you looked for were on there. I am certain there are many others.

Just as an example:
          Here is one I sat under, and I am in his debt for teaching me how to learn.
          (And thankful to Jesus for directing my steps into the church where he taught.)
          He is not well known, since I don't think he was on TV, maybe not even the radio,
          but for the several hundred of us who sat under him over the years - we know him.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
            I am glad the ones you looked for were on there. I am certain there are many others.

Just as an example:
            Here is one I sat under, and I am in his debt for teaching me how to learn.
            (And thankful to Jesus for directing my steps into the church where he taught.)
            He is not well known, since I don't think he was on TV, maybe not even the radio,
            but for the several hundred of us who sat under him over the years - we know him.
            I just checked Buzzardhutt's list again and there is someone who I think should be added.
            John Ankerberg has had him on his show for weeks, his name is Dr. William Lane Craig.
            2 of the dvds I ordered have him featured. he has debated many atheists about the existence of God and that Jesus Christ is his Son
            "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

Many years ago, I was flipping through the channels and came across Dr. Gene Scott, who was chomping on his cigar. But what struck me as odd, is as he was reading from the Bible, there were a couple of bikini-clad ladies just dancing around him

Always thought that was strange

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trance View Post
                Many years ago, I was flipping through the channels and came across Dr. Gene Scott, who was chomping on his cigar. But what struck me as odd, is as he was reading from the Bible, there were a couple of bikini-clad ladies just dancing around him

Always thought that was strange
                something tells me he won't be on the list pffft

Comment

something tells me he won't be on the list pffft
                  When I get off work in another 6 hours, I will see if I can find a clip of that somewhere. Many years later, and I still cannot get that image out of my head

Comment

Has anyone added Joseph Prince to this list?

He proclaimed that First John 1:9 was for the unsaved and that you don't need to repent of sin after getting saved. His hyper grace revolution is a travesty.

Comment

I stay away

Originally posted by The bearen View Post
                      Is it right to publicaly name false teachers.
                      A wonderful christian brother who has a discernment ministry Justin Peters is his name.
                      Our very own Todd Friel has had him on his show entitled 'Wrethced'.

Justin was on Genesis/Revelation TV ( A UK cristian broadcast) a week or so ago being interviewed ..

The orginisers cut the programme short because they accuesed Justin of naming names of false teachers.

Its so sad as Justin comes accross as a humble guy who knows his stuff and has a great website exposing false teaching in the church.

is it right to name false teachers in the light of scripture?

dave
                      I stay away from everything Justin Peters. He seems to base what he believes on his experience rather than what the Word says. And if your personal experience doesn't match the Word, it isn't the Word that is wrong..... I do believe in protecting your flock, but you had better be sure they are wrong before you say anything. And not just what you have heard. And don't be taking what was said out of context.

Comment

Working...
                      X