Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft The Sermon??

World of Warcraft The Sermon??

New No Hope Church in Calgary, Canada has bought the purpose-driven / seeker-driven lie that church is for unbelievers and that we have to make it appealing to the world or they won't show up at our churches. Rather than boldly preaching the scriptures in season and out of season (2 Tim. 4:1-4) they've watered down and obscured God's Word and mixed it with things it was never intended to be mixed with such as the World of Warcraft. The result is a convoluted message and a painfully inauthentic grasping at relevance.

http://www.alittleleaven.com/2010/02...he-sermon.html
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

They might be more on target if they did a sermon on twister.

Comment

Originally posted by vemee View Post
      you maybe right

the seeker-driven church and purpose-driven church movement's gotten so many in the churches astray

and nonsense like sermons on world of warcraft are a example of it

Comment

Originally posted by vemee View Post
        Or Grand Theft Auto..... or Mario Kart...... how about Yoshi's Cookie?

As one who's played the game (WOW) this makes no sense to me. For one thing, why subject a whole congregation to a sermon full of references (to the game) that they' won't understand? Stick to preaching the Bible FROM the Bible... it's relevant all by it'self, it doesn't need "help".

Comment

Originally posted by Nightelf View Post

As one who's played the game (WOW) this makes no sense to me. For one thing, why subject a whole congregation to a sermon full of references (to the game) that they' won't understand? Stick to preaching the Bible FROM the Bible... it's relevant all by it'self, it doesn't need "help".
          let's not give seeker guys any ideas

i hope not regarding the Mario Kart.

several things I liked have been ruined cause of seeker obsessed pastors.

Comment

Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post
            let's not give seeker guys any ideas

i hope not regarding the Mario Kart.

several things I liked have been ruined cause of seeker obsessed pastors.
            Oh I'm sure they'd have a heyday with the Rainbow Road

Comment

more like Grand Theft Church

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                more like Grand Theft Church
                Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Oh I'm sure they'd have a heyday with the Rainbow Road

I actually have mario kart wii and the rainbow road is pretty easy , dont like to use speed boosters on that level cause there is no way to avoid falling off the road.

Comment

My husband is an unbeliever and these sermons themed on worldly things totally turned off even the slightest interest he had into going to church. He thinks they are ridiculous and absurd. I have to agree, they embarrass me. How can you preach a sermon based on the Super Bowl or 24 or LOST or Survivor when the Bible explicitly tells us that we are to be separate and are not of this world and to throw away our old flesh and to focus on God. How can we bring the Light of Truth when it's buried in the murky darkness of worldly things =(

Comment

Originally posted by BHuskey View Post
                      My husband is an unbeliever and these sermons themed on worldly things totally turned off even the slightest interest he had into going to church. He thinks they are ridiculous and absurd. I have to agree, they embarrass me. How can you preach a sermon based on the Super Bowl or 24 or LOST or Survivor when the Bible explicitly tells us that we are to be separate and are not of this world and to throw away our old flesh and to focus on God. How can we bring the Light of Truth when it's buried in the murky darkness of worldly things =(
                      You know, your response reminds me of how teenagers hate it when their parents try to be like them.... dress like them, talk like them, be too chummy with their friends. Believe it or not, Teens want their parents to, well, act like parents!!!!

In the same way, even the secular world, especially those individuals who would be secretly thinking about "getting right with God one day", really wants the Church to have integrity. This means, faithful to God, the scriptures, Holiness - in short, set apart as it should be. Otherwise, conversion is meaningless. True conversion isn't going to come after a "World of Warcraft" sermon (I play the game and I still can't, for the life of me, think of how a pastor can draw Biblical parallels to the game and build a sermon around it ) No, true conversion is going to come after conviction of sin, realization of God's Holiness, the vast gap between the two, and faith in Jesus Christ to bridge that gap. Good, solid preaching from the WORD, not WARCRAFT!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X