Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we are missing Chris Quintana, Calvary Chapel Cypress, from our good list. He has some excellent material on the Church in the Last Days.

http://www.calvarychapelcypress.net/current.html
    Last edited by OnceWasLost; February 3rd, 2010, 01:22 PM. Reason: Updated Link
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

• I learned recently that Randy Alcorn has openly refused to distance himself from what Bill Hybels and Rick Warren teach. And he does compromise a lot on his main area of the social application of Bible theology. I would definitely put Alcorn on the "caution" list.

(Source: see this: http://www.epm.org/artman2/publish/C..._printer.shtml

I've heard negative things about Rick Warren and Saddleback Church, as well as Willow Creek Church and other seeker churches. What's your opinion on this issue?

Alcorn: Attacking fellow Bible-believing Christians is becoming commonplace. Spreading inaccurate information is epidemic. (Note: emphasis mine) Here's a response from Lee Strobel. I know Rick Warren personally, and I know Lee also. I agree with Lee's assessment at http://www.leestrobel.com/newsletter...ks_03aug06.htm

And while we certainly need to be discerning and not jump on bandwagons that are unbiblical, I would encourage all Christians to careful in our criticisms of others. See my article entitled "Being Careful With Our Words." )

Comment

• Originally posted by Anddra View Post
        I think we are missing Chris Quintana, Calvary Chapel Cypress, from our good list. He has some excellent material on the Church in the Last Days.

http://www.calvarychapelcypress.net/current.html
        Not anymore. http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1249...nconclusive%29
        Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

• Tozer, anyone?

Comment

• I've often found the best way to (relatively) quickly determine if a modern preacher is on the up-and-up is to run their name through well-known discernment sites like Deception In the Church, Crossroad.to, Lighthouse Trails Research, Apprising Ministries, Slide of Laodicea, Crosstalk Blog, Let Us Reason Ministries, etc. Hope that helps.
            Last edited by iSong6:3; March 15th, 2010, 02:25 PM. Reason: Rules #10, #17

Comment

• Another good list is the "The Repentance Blacklist" which lists those who are adding works to salvation. It's put up by Pastor Steven L Anderson, of Faithful Word Baptist in Phoenix, AZ. The only major thing wrong that I see is they list Lester Roloff and Oliver Greene.

The interesting thing about "The Repentance Blacklist" is that they promote Dr. Hyles as being true in his doctrine; but Bro. Roloff as being a heretic. Folks, Dr. Hyles and Bro. Roloff were lifelong friends, who preached together and were both greatly used of the Lord to reach millions of lives.

Comment

• Isn't this list about good and reputable preachers?

Comment

• There are some people that I don't think should be on that list of bad teachers.

I think we need to look at people a little more carefully before passing judgement on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow Girl View Post
                    There are some people that I don't think should be on that list of bad teachers.

I think we need to look at people a little more carefully before passing judgement on them.
                    they are on the bad list for teaching bad doctrine

Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                    Isn't this list about good and reputable preachers?
                    the good list is here http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1249...-(inconclusive)

this is a discussion on it

there is also a list here http://buzzardhut.net/index/htm/who.htm

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• Missing from the good list, but on RR's Featured End Time Writers list:

Kent Crockett
                      Jan Markell

Also, Todd Strandberg is missing from the good list.

Edwin Lutzer is listed in the M list.
                      Erwin Lutzer is in the L list.

Comment

• You should add Matt Chandler in my opinion.

Comment

• Hal Lindsey...

I'm sitting on the fence about Hal Lindsey.

I have enjoyed listening to him many times but lately I have felt a bit uneasy because of his friendship with TBN. He seems very connected with Jan and Paul Crouch and is said to be very close to them. Not to mention he has appeared with them as recent January on their set and again was very chummy and talking among each other as if they were all palsy walsy. Of course his own program runs on TBN as well.

I just find it troubling if you are truly a man of God that you would not be able to discern heresey that IS TBN.

Instead he sits in fellowship with EVIL and so because he does this and does not recognize it makes me uneasy trusting in anything he says.

And lets be honest, he has also been somewhat of a false prophet predicting things that never came to pass. So haven't we already seen enough to know?

As a man of God again wouldn't HE (Hal Lindsey) be able to tell what is false teaching and what isn"t?

He may not be so out there begging for money like the rest of them but I wonder what type of lavish lifestyle he leads....just has me wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saved Alone by Jesus View Post
                            And lets be honest, he has also been somewhat of a false prophet predicting things that never came to pass. So haven't we already seen enough to know?
                            This particular accusation has been levelled here before. However, nobody has yet brought forward any evidence to show he has claimed something he has said as being prophetic.
                            Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Most of the people on your good list are people I have never heard of.

Comment

• list of false teachers?

I know we used to have a "master list" of false teachers stickied here. I also know our own Buzzardhut has a great "Who's Who" list of good & bad prophecy teachers. But does anyone have a list of good and bad (apostate) preachers & bible teachers in general? By that I mean a list of the most popular and well-known present and past preachers featured on TV or radio. Like those in prosperity movement, Purpose-Driven, etc. It'd be easier to have that than for me or others to ask if this or that person is a good or bad preacher/teacher. Also, is there a list of good & sound, as well as apostate Christian sites? There are a few I can think of that I wonder about.

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
                                X