Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great work, Mensh!

Well, it is a long list of good teachers!

Comment

Keep in mind, you don't have to agree with ALL of the theological views of these teachers, except where their teachings are heretical. I like the apologetics of R C Sproul, even though I'm not a preterist or amillenial. I don't get the statement that he's "obnoxious", but everyone is entitled to his opinion. Also, some of these teachers have had well-publicized controversial issues regarding their personal lives, but this doesn't disqualify them from teaching (see Ad Hominem attacks). I'm sure that none of us want our private lives being scrutinized in such a manner. They are all still servants of the Lord and He alone should be our role model.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
        Chuck Sr. is fine, Jr. is still a mess.
        I don't see him on the new list though?

Comment

Originally posted by cocopea9052 View Post
          I don't see him on the new list though?
          Added.
          There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
            Wow!
            what a great organized list!
            good work!
            I second that!

(Editing to subscribe.)
            Last edited by twinkle; January 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
              Added.
              Jack Graham needs to be added also because Buzzardhut said so and Morris Cerullo deleted
              sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                Jack Graham needs to be added also because Buzzardhut said so and Morris Cerullo deleted
                I missed that LOL
                There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

What about Ray Comfort who is on Way Of The Master with Kirk Cameron? Also, sumsam mentioned Spiros Zodhiates. What about this person? Thanks for your answers & thanks OWL for your changes on the list.
                  sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Dh and I were so disappointed to see Jack Graham appearing on Benny Hinn's program...twice.

NR

Comment

• This is just my short list that I make "teachers" jump through and not by any means a complete list. I am aware others may not have the same items on their lists, so I do not intend to argue lists just sharing some filters I use before I spend my money or endorse to others.

They are disqualified or put on watch if they are:

1. Not-pretrib
                      2. Not once actually saved always saved.
                      3. Not young earth creationists
                      4. If they endorse any type if mixing psychology with the Bible
                      5. Endorse speaking in tongues (the gibberish kind) versus the fruit of the spirit in Galations 5 espec self control
                      6. Endorse signs and wonders
                      7. Their version of the gospel makes little mention of sin and repentance, the surrender of the will
                      8. Give Catholicism the right hand of fellowship calling them brothers instead of witnessing to them
                      9. Unwilling to separate from false teachers but appear on the same platform
                      10. Aberrant views on the Trinity
                      11. Abberant views on who Jesus was. He was God manifest in the flesh to pay my sin debt in God's courtroom.
                      12. Aberrant views on the meaning of baptism, it's a symbol of already having been born again by the Holy Spirit nothing else
                      13. If they think the Eucharist has some merit in salvation - nope price was paid in full at the cross
                      14. Think their works have some merit to their salvation- nope confusing sanctification (walking with God) with salvation
                      15. If they don't support Israel as rightfully being in their land given to them by God and prophetically in place for the end times

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas Solus View Post
                        Keep in mind, you don't have to agree with ALL of the theological views of these teachers, except where their teachings are heretical.
                        Sproul is not going to get any recommendations on this site.

This board is Pre-Tribulational, Pre-Millennial Dispensational in regards to doctrine. Sproul doesn't fit, he is doctrinally confused. It would be very wise to keep that in mind, for a young believer to follow his teachings. It may not seem a large problem to you, but those who are not dispensational fall into all kinds of strange doctrine, and that is not a small problem.
                        Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeIsEnough View Post
                          Sproul is not going to get any recommendations on this site.

This board is Pre-Tribulational, Pre-Millennial Dispensational in regards to doctrine. Sproul doesn't fit, he is doctrinally confused. It would be very wise to keep that in mind, for a young believer to follow his teachings. It may not seem a large problem to you, but those who are not dispensational fall into all kinds of strange doctrine, and that is not a small problem.
                          I've already noted his eschatalogical views as inconsistent to this board. I merely stated that his apologetics are very good, better than the majority of the teachers on many of those lists. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                            What about Ray Comfort who is on Way Of The Master with Kirk Cameron? Also, sumsam mentioned Spiros Zodhiates. What about this person? Thanks for your answers & thanks OWL for your changes on the list.
                            I added him to the list because a previous poster Veritas Solus mentioned him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiros_Zodhiates

Dr. Spiros Zodhiates (March 13, 1922 - October 10, 2009) was a Greek-American Bible scholar, author, and ministry innovator. He was best known for his work in developing AMG (Advancing the Ministries of the Gospel) International, a Christian missions and relief agency with operations in over 40 countries, and for publishing The Hebrew-Greek KeyWord Study Bible, which indexes key terms in the English Bible with the words they were translated from in the original languages.

Comment

• GJ lost me when he came out with his Y2K book seeking to capitalize on the computer hysteria as the year 2000 approached.

Comment

• What about Henry Blackaby or Lee Strobel?

Comment

Working...
                                X