Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyce Meyer, who according to her website is "one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers," teaches heretical, Word Faith doctrines. Joyce teaches her followers that the Lord Jesus Christ atoned for our sins in Hell, that Jesus Christ was "born again in hell" and more! (Note: Only sinners need to be born again.) Audio documentation (external link CLICK HERE)

Joyce Meyer cited the Amplified Bible to teach the false doctrine that Christians are little gods. Audio documentation (external link CLICK HERE)

Here is another example of Joyce Meyer's Word Faith Teaching:

Meyer, in her book, writes, “Words are containers for power” (The Name, The Word, The Blood, p. 37). This is typical Copeland/ Hagin faith talk Quote source: documentation (external link CLICK HERE)

Joyce Promotes Word Faith Heresy: Jesus Went to Hell

Joyce Meyer, like Kenneth Copeland and other Word Faith teachers, says that Jesus Christ went to hell.

"Whatever it took to get God's people back, free again, is what they would do. Jesus paid for our sins on the cross and went to hell in our place." (Whatever it took means that Jesus had to go to hell, suffer and be tormented by demons in our place.) Quote source: (The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make Page 41, 1996-Edition)

Let Us Reason Ministries quotes from the 1991 edition of Joyce Meyer's booklet, The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make:

“There is no hope of anyone going to heaven unless they believe this truth I am presenting. You cannot go to heaven unless you believe with all your heart that Jesus took your place in hell” (In her 1991 booklet, The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make).

She explains Christ’s atonement: “During that time He entered hell, where you and I deserved to go (legally) because of our sin. He paid the price there ... no plan was too extreme ... Jesus paid on the cross and in hell” (The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make 1991 p. 35,). “He went to hell to pay the debt you owed. (p.41 first edition)

“His spirit went to hell because that is where we deserved to go.” (The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make 1991, p.36.).

(Quotes source:http://www.letusreason.org/Wf23.htm)

Joyce Says Angels Tell Her What to Say From Pulpit

Joyce Meyer Quotes Joyce Meyer said angels tell her what to say from the pulpit and more... (external link CLICK HERE) Why is this statement so dangerously wrong? Because the bible says that Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, not by angels. It is the Holy Spirit who guides believers into all truth, not angels. (See John 16:13) Witches and Satanists are the ones who receive leading and information from (fallen) angels, which are really demonic spirits.

Purge Out the Spiritual Leaven

In view of certain dangerous false teachings that Joyce Meyer promotes in her books, conferences, and/or television program, those who worship God in spirit and in truth must face the truth about spiritual leaven. Glorying in any ministry that contains spiritual leaven is not good:

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 1 Cor. 5:6

If you have been sifting through Joyce Meyer's teachings and trying to filter out the false so you can keep the true teachings you are in spiritual peril. God warned us that a little leaven leavens the whole lump. None of us are so wise that we can willfully disobey the Lord and try to filter the leaven rather than obey his command to purge out the leaven:

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 1 Cor. 5:7

God is "able to keep you from falling and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude 1: 24). God has the ability to keep you from falling but he will not hold you up if you refuse to stand. God commands Christians to stand fast in the Lord:

Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. Phil. 14:1

You must stand fast in the Lord no matter how hard the winds of false doctrine may blow or how appealingly they are presented. In these latter days when false teachers try to make merchandise of you with feigned words, you must obey God and purge out the leaven. False teachers and doctrines of devils must be purged out of your life if you are to stand fast in the Lord. I understand that the energetic, joyous, bubbly, enthusiastic women teachers that speak encouraging words can make you feel like a spiritually powerful, invincible Christian woman, but beware. This is precisely how false teachers are able to make merchandise of Christians, especially women. They hope that you will honor the way they make you feel about yourself over and above your commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and his doctrine.

Any teacher (no matter how pleasant and endearing he or she may be) who does not hold fast to sound doctrine must be purged out of your life. God is able to keep you from falling. Are you willing to stand fast fast in the Lord? If you are, you will live eternally.
    http://libertytothecaptives.net/joyce_meyer_beware.html

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by carolina_guy View Post
      This is from an old thread here:

False Prophets, False Teachers, False Healers, Dominionism, Florida Outpouring (Revival), ElijahList, Heresy, Hyper-Charismania, Indigenous Peoples Movement, International Coalition of Apostles, Kingdom Now, Latter Rain, Manifest Sons of God, New Apostolic Reformation, New Breed, Third Wave, Word-Faith:

Che Ahn

John Avanzini

Todd Bentley (refer to Christian Research Service's Articles Page and Videos Page )

Reinhard Bonnke

William Branham (denied the Trinity)

Rodney Howard-Browne

Paul Cain

Stacey Campbell

Wesley Campbell

Charles Capps

Morris Cerullo

Paul Yongi Cho

Kim Clement

Kenneth Copeland

Dennis Cramer (refer to "Dennis Cramer: The 'Nervous' Prophet" and "Letter to Dennis Cramer-Part 2" and "Letter to Dennis Cramer-Part 3").

Paul Crouch

Finis Jennings Dake

Jack Deere

Creflo Dollar

Jesse Duplantis

Richard Foster

Francis Frangipane

Ted Haggard

Kenneth Hagin

Bill Hamon

Marilyn Hickey

Steve Hill

Benny Hinn (refer to http://www.christianresearchservice.com/Benny_Hinn.htm )

Charles & Frances Hunter

Bill Hybels/Willow Creek

Cindy Jacobs

T.D. Jakes

Bob Jones (Kansas City)

T.B. Joshua

Rick Joyner

E.W. Kenyon

John Kilpatrick

Joyce Meyer

Miles Munroe

Steve Munsey

Mike Murdock

Joel Osteen

George Otis, Jr.

Rod Parsley

Earl Paulk

Chuck Pierce

Frederick K.C. Price

Oral Roberts

Pat Robertson

Jerry Savelle

Dutch Sheets

Don Stewart

Tommy Tenney

Choo Thomas

CENTERING PRAYER, CHURCH GROWTH, CONTEMPLATIVE SPIRITUALITY, EMERGING CHURCH, LABYRINTH, MYSTICISM, PURPOSE DRIVEN:

Anonymous The Cloud of Unknowing

Liz Babbs

Ruth Haley Barton

Rob Bell

Ken Blanchard see http://www.christianresearchservice....gLikeJesus.htm

Troy Bronsink

Bernard of Clairvaux

Mike Bickle

Marcus Borg

Bob Buford

Spencer Burke

Tony Campolo

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

St. Catherine of Siena

Jim Collins

Larry Crabb

Mark Driscoll

Tilden Edwards

Meister Eckhart

Richard Foster

George Fox

Ken Gire

Pete Greig

Emilie Griffin

Madame Guyon

Hildegard of Bingen

Judith Hougen Transformed Into Fire: An Invitation to Life in the True Self

Hannah Hunard

Bill Hybels

Alan Jones

Ignatius of Loyola

John of the Cross

Judith Hougen Transformed Into Fire: An Invitation to Life in the True Self

Jan Johnson When the Soul Listens, http://www.janjohnson.org

St. John of the Cross

Laurie Beth Jones

Tony Jones

Julian of Norwich

Thomas Keating

Morton Kelsey

Keri Wyatt Kent Listen: Finding God in the Story of Your Life

Sue Monk Kidd

Dan Kimball

William Law

Brother Lawrence

St. Ignatius Loyola

Brian McLaren (see http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch....ianmclaren.htm. See also http://www.erwm.com/TheNewSpiritualFormation.htm )

Brennan Manning

Gerald May

Erwin McManus

Thomas Merton

Calvin Miller

Don Miller

Beth Moore Be Still DVD

Wayne Muller

David J. Muyskens Forty Days to a Closer Walk with God: The Practice of Centering Prayer

Henri Nouwen

John Ortberg The Life You Always Wanted

Doug Pagitt

Basil Pennington

Eugene Peterson

Gustave Reininger

Tricia Rhodes

Maggie & Duffy Robbins

Richard Rohr

Richard Rolle

Philip St. Romain

Thomas Ryan see NEW AGE MOVEMENT category

Will Sampson

Mark Scandrette

Pete Scazzero

Robert Schuller

Samir Selmanovic

Peter Senge

Chuck Smith, Jr.

Dan Southerland

Leonard Sweet

John Michael Talbot

St. Teresa of Avila

Gary Thomas

Patricia Treece

Evelyn Underhill

Karen Ward

Rick Warren

Robert Webber

Dallas Willard

Lauren Winner

Mark Yaconelli
      1. Suspected as pseudo-Christian
      2. Pretending as spiritual servants of God
      3. Extorting a lot of money from their audience
      4. Suspected for spiritual fraud performance of healing and miracles
      5. Deceiving people intentionally for personal gains
      6. Proven false prophet by their heretical teachings and practices
      7. Professional spiritual hoodlums victimizing even the poor people of the third world countries

Paul Crouch
      Pat Robertson
      Rick Warren
      Chuck Smith
      Benny Hinn
      Jerry Falwell
      Oral Roberts
      James Swaggart
      Billy Graham
      Joyce Meyer
      Kenneth Copeland

John Wimber has gone to his just punishment and can no longer be listed among the Ten Most Wanted false teachers in America but now takes his honorary seat among the most dangerous false teachers of the 20th & 19th Centuries which includes:

· Herbert W. Armstrong

· Alice Bailey

· Madame Blavatsky

· Mary Baker Eddy

· Maria Woodworth-Etter

· Fred Franz

· Nathan Knorr

· Kathryn Kuhlman

· Amy Simple McPherson

· Norman Vincent Peale

· Charles Taze Russell

· Joseph Rutherford

· Bishop Sheen

· Joseph Smith

· Paul Tillich

· Joe Tkach Sr

· Ellen White

· Brigham Young and all Mormon "prophets.

Other dangerous false teachers who are leading millions of people astray are mostly from Pentecostal-charismatic groups which includes:

· Joe Aldrich

· Ernest Agley

· Garner Ted Armstrong

· Jon Arnot

· John Avanzini

· Ted Baehr

· Jerry Barnard

· Jonathan Bell

· Rodney Howard Browne

· Joe Callaway

· Harold Camping

· Tony Campolo

· Randy Clark

· Ron Cohen

· Kenneth Copeland

· John Dawson

· Ed Dobson

· Crefflo A. Dollar

· Jesse Duplantis

· Mike Farris

· Mark Finley

· Jentezen Franklin

· Joe Garlington

· W.V. Grant

· John Hagee

· Kenny Hagin

· Hendrick "Hank" Hanegraaff

· Jack Hayford

· Michael Horner

· Bob “Bobby” Jones III

· Ike Frederick Eikerenkoetter

· Larry Huch

· T.D. Jakes

· John Kilpatrick

· Bob Larson

· Billy Locklear

· Eddie Long

· Gordon MacDonald

· Gerald Mann

· Clarence McClendon

· Paul Morton

· Steve Muncie

· Myles Munro

· Mario Murillo

· Arnold Murray

· John Osteen

· Luis Palau

· Rod Parsley

· Gilbert E. Patterson

· Peter Popoff

· Freddy Price

· Derek Prince

· Yacov Ramsel

· Richard Roberts

· Rod Rosenblatt

· James Robison

· Schambach

· Bobbie Schuller

· Lester Sumrall

· Joe Tkach Jr.

· Randall Terry

· Casey Treat

· Larry D. Trotter

· Ralph Wilkerson

· Rich Wilkerson

· Phil Wogoman

The following men propagate false doctrines concerning eschatology. Most of the doctrines they teach are unscriptural especially for Harold Camping who preaches a false Gospel from Watchtower encyclopedia and Arnold Murray who teaches the strangest false doctrines: The are all amillennialist, preterist, covenant and dominion theologians which includes:

* John Ankerberg
      * Sherlock Bally
      * Dave Breese
      * Tal Brooke
      * Ray Brubaker
      * Robert F. Campbell
      * Harold Camping
      * Tony Campolo
      * Charles Capps
      * David Chilton
      * John Cionci
      * Reginald Dunlop Jr.
      * Robert H. Gundry
      * John Hagee
      * David Hocking
      * Noah Hutchings
      * Grant Jeffrey
      * Bob Jones III
      * Robert van Kampen (deceased)
      * D.J. Kennedy
      * Salem Kirban
      * Paul & Peter LeLonde
      * C.S. Lovett
      * Dave McPherson
      * Chuck Missler
      * Arnold Murray
      * John Noe
      * Gary North
      * Scott Pearson
      * Alex Reese
      * Marv Rosenthal
      * R.J. Rushdoony
      * Don Stewart
      * Lester Sumrall
      * Randall Terry
      * Joe Van Koevering
      * John Walvoord
      * Larry Wilson
      * Anna Drinkwine
      * Woody Young

The following are into "Christian" psychology which is an abomination. They mix Freudian psychobabble with Scripture to come up with total nonsense.

* James Dobson
      * Clyde Narramoore

The following are the top leaders for non-Biblical apologetics and ecumenical doctrines which include:

* Greg Kokel
      * Bill Bright (deceased)
      * Paul Crouch
      * Billy Graham
      * Frankie Graham
      * Ralph Woodrow
      * Numerous Campus ministries such as the Navigators, Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, Alpha and Omega, and others

Some of the worst female false pastor-teachers (I Corinthians 14.34, 35; I Tim. 2.9-15) are:

* Joyce Meyer
      * Gloria Copeland
      * Marilyn Hickey
      * Betty Robinson
      * Beverly LaHaye
      * Susan Stewart
      * Arlene & C. Courtney Henderson
      * Karen Wheaton
      * Christie Harvey

In Asia, the 25 most dangerous and controversial preachers of Christianity are:

Joyce Meyer
      Benny Hinn
      Morris Cerullo
      Rick Warren
      Pat Roberson
      Eddie Villanueva
      Rodney Howard Browne
      Apollo C. Quiboloy
      Arsenio T. Ferriol
      Lee Jae-Rock
      Don Stewart
      Eliseo Soriano
      Sung Myong Moon
      Renato D. Carillo
      Kenneth Copeland
      Lester Sumrall
      Steve Murell
      Solomon Ocampo
      Chuck Swindoll
      Wilde & Lina Almeda
      Jimmy Swaggart
      Neil Anderson
      Joey Guererro

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

I live in St. Louis about 3 miles from the house that is described as Joyce Meyers - she has not lived in that for over 3 years - she sold it and bought a MUCH smaller place about 20 miles outside of St. Louis. Her previous home also had her children living in homes on either side of her...they, too are sold and they have bought their own modest homes away from hers. Everyone latches on the type of home she has...but please be sure to tell the truth if you are going to comment on this. I know because I live by her - she does much good in the St. Louis area and the Lord led my husband and I to renew our marriage vows and STAY married over 24 years ago before our daughter was born.
        We, of all people, should not be spreading half-truths...

Comment

Originally posted by itype View Post
          I live in St. Louis about 3 miles from the house that is described as Joyce Meyers - she has not lived in that for over 3 years - she sold it and bought a MUCH smaller place about 20 miles outside of St. Louis. Her previous home also had her children living in homes on either side of her...they, too are sold and they have bought their own modest homes away from hers. Everyone latches on the type of home she has...but please be sure to tell the truth if you are going to comment on this. I know because I live by her - she does much good in the St. Louis area and the Lord led my husband and I to renew our marriage vows and STAY married over 24 years ago before our daughter was born.
          We, of all people, should not be spreading half-truths...
          Speaking for myself, her lifestyle is not my problem. Her doctrine is and I have not seen her leave her WOF roots. When she does that, I will be impressed.
          There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

What about Francis Chan? Anyone heard of him?

Comment

Originally posted by saved by Grace View Post
              wow,Perry Noble is a wolf alright.very cold and unloving and i don't see Jesus in him.
              the few i like is Hal Lindsey,Jack Kelly,Paul Washer.i have yet to hear them teach anything unbiblical.another i would avoid is John Hagee and Les Feldick.that guy and John Hagee preach a 2 gospel nonsense and i heard Hagee say once "Jesus did not come to be the Messiah" bull.Jesus did indeed come to be the messiah.
              I first post here, but I have to disagree with Les Feldick being a false teacher.

He teaches that all Israel had to do was believe who Jesus Christ was for salvation, but now we have to believe more than that. We must believe in his death, burial and resurrection for our salvation.

That is what he teaches.

Comment

Put Dr. David Reagan on the "good" list! (God has used him to be such an encouragement to me over the years).
                Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

Now that we have seen how many and there are a lot of the pastors/teachers that are off on their teachings, please show the good list of teachers that are staying true to the word of God. Thanks for the information and I would appreciate the good list.
                  sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                    Now that we have seen how many and there are a lot of the pastors/teachers that are off on their teachings, please show the good list of teachers that are staying true to the word of God. Thanks for the information and I would appreciate the good list.
                    the late Adrian Rogers and J. Vernon McGee are 2 for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                      the late Adrian Rogers and J. Vernon McGee are 2 for sure
                      How do you feel about Hal Lindsey & Jack Van Impe?
                      sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                        How do you feel about Hal Lindsey & Jack Van Impe?
                        They both sometimes say a little too much
                        they are not really Bible teachers as Rogers and McGee
                        they are more like prophesy commentators

Comment

How about Charles Stanley from Atlanta, Georgia?

Comment

This is as a shock to me!
                            So I just visited his website and he still sounds like a pre-tribber.
                            Would you be so kind as to tell me your source where Grant Jeffery
                            changed from pre-trib to partial preterist were you thinking about
                            Hank Hanegraaff ( the Bible answer man)?

"Hal Lindsey sometimes says a little too much"
                            Buzzardhut, what did you mean by this statement? Are you saying he makes
                            statements which are not in the Bible?

I think, this will satisfy my curious bone...

Comment

Originally posted by mary View Post
                              This is as a shock to me!
                              So I just visited his website and he still sounds like a pre-tribber.
                              Would you be so kind as to tell me your source where Grant Jeffery
                              changed from pre-trib to partial preterist were you thinking about
                              Hank Hanegraaff ( the Bible answer man)?

"Hal Lindsey sometimes says a little too much"
                              Buzzardhut, what did you mean by this statement? Are you saying he makes
                              statements which are not in the Bible?

I think, this will satisfy my curious bone...
                              I can just find date setting on Grant Jeffrey

prophesy commentators can get carried away by saying "this is it!"

Comment

the good

When I first was born again, I read most of Hal Lindsey's books. Although, they're okay for newbies to cut their prophetic teeth on, I later realized that some of his "facts" are quite a bit off. I haven't read any of his recent work, though.
                                R C Sproul- I like his radio program, but would differ with him on eschatology.
                                John Walvoord- Very good prophecy teacher
                                David Hocking
                                John MacArthur- good radio program, his book Truth Wars is a very timely work, exposing the apostasy associated with the emergent movement. His theological views are most congruent to mine as a whole as far as I can tell
                                Charles H. Spurgeon- Probably the greatest preacher in the last 300 years.
                                Jonathan Edwards
                                Charles Stanley
                                David Jeremiah
                                J. Vernon McGee- He cracks me up the way he said that "Solomon was a sissy if there was a sissy"! I'm not saying I agree with him, it's just funny hearing him say it!
                                I used to like Spiros Zodhiates, but he stopped being active in the 90's. I still have his Hebrew-Greek keyword study Bible.
                                There are probably a few more, that I can't think of off-hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X