Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lvanett View Post
    I know we used to have a "master list" of false teachers stickied here. I also know our own Buzzardhut has a great "Who's Who" list of good & bad prophecy teachers. But does anyone have a list of good and bad (apostate) preachers & bible teachers in general? By that I mean a list of the most popular and well-known present and past preachers featured on TV or radio. Like those in prosperity movement, Purpose-Driven, etc. It'd be easier to have that than for me or others to ask if this or that person is a good or bad preacher/teacher. Also, is there a list of good & sound, as well as apostate Christian sites? There are a few I can think of that I wonder about.

Thanx!
    i think this thread is what you are looking for.

Comment

• I appreciate that. Can we add Joseph Prince and Melissa Scott to the bad teachers list, even tho I'm not 100% sure about Mrs. Scott but have heard that she's one to be avoided.

Comment

• I was looking at the Sticky list (http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1249...(inconclusive)) - I was wondering why Charles Stanley was not included in the "good" teachers...is it because of the dabbling of -contemplative- and it that still going on with him?
        I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
        For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
        no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

• I noticed on both lists (good teachers and buzzards webpage list) that Charlie Campbell from www.alwaysbeready.com isn't on that list, and I would like to recommend he be put on the good teachers list.

Comment

• Its a work in progress. Will be adding Todd, and look into the other suggestions.
            Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

• I am not gonna add or subtract from any list here, that is not my place. However in the Gospel of John, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all the truth. If you are not a student of the word you will be lead into false teaching soonor or later. I have nurtured a reading habit of the word and am comparing what I hear to what the word says. Do not trust in a list to guide you as to the truth. Trust in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. There is a verse that says Let God be true and EVERY man a liar. In Hebrews it says Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. In other words KEEP IN THE WORD. DAILY. As I approach 60 I pray thet I will finish well. So many have started strong only to fall away. Lord Jesus keep me from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdeming View Post
                I am not gonna add or subtract from any list here, that is not my place. However in the Gospel of John, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all the truth. If you are not a student of the word you will be lead into false teaching soonor or later. I have nurtured a reading habit of the word and am comparing what I hear to what the word says. Do not trust in a list to guide you as to the truth. Trust in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. There is a verse that says Let God be true and EVERY man a liar. In Hebrews it says Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. In other words KEEP IN THE WORD. DAILY. As I approach 60 I pray thet I will finish well. So many have started strong only to fall away. Lord Jesus keep me from that.
                Which is the idea behind the list. It is comprised as a list of people, whom we have not seen swerve from the truth. It is a list of the safe ones as we update regularly, but being a Barean of course goes without saying.
                There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mdeming View Post
                  I am not gonna add or subtract from any list here, that is not my place. However in the Gospel of John, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all the truth. If you are not a student of the word you will be lead into false teaching soonor or later. I have nurtured a reading habit of the word and am comparing what I hear to what the word says. Do not trust in a list to guide you as to the truth. Trust in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. There is a verse that says Let God be true and EVERY man a liar. In Hebrews it says Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. In other words KEEP IN THE WORD. DAILY. As I approach 60 I pray thet I will finish well. So many have started strong only to fall away. Lord Jesus keep me from that.
                  In the age of Laodicea a list is much needed

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                  Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                  Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                    Wow!
                    what a great organized list!
                    good work!

i agree, that is a great list!

. i was just checking back in on this thread to see if David Hocking was still in the Good Apple list. I'm glad to see he is, he has recently fallen quite ill with an E Coli infection, i just found out about it a few minutes ago when i came across some older downloaded sermons of his and got the idea to look up his Facebook page. I intended to post a prayer request for him, but since i don't see him discussed much at all here (good or bad) i wanted to be sure cause i know how all us humans can turn on a dime.
                    He'd still need prayer as a bad apple of course, but they'd have a "bring him back to God through this" flavor to it rather than a "let him be leaning on the Lord as he heals" type sentiment.

Ok, anyway... off to the Prayer Forum!

Comment

• I would include Chuck Missler and Kent Hovid on the good teachers list, they are not perfect (no one is) but what they teach is good stuff I think Also Tony Pearce, who is probably the best end-times teacher here in UK (but I already wrote about him to Steve so that the mod team can research him to make sure he is good and Biblical).

With Chuck Missler, I know many people here don't like his Biblical codes stuff, but even he himself says that it's just a bit of interesting information but nothing to get too focused or to build doctrine on At the moment I am listening to his tapes where he goes through the whole Bible verse by verse explaining all the historical and cultural contexts in which they were written... I know very few teachers who done that.

And with Kent Hovind.. well I know the thing he did with not paying his taxes, while understandable, was very foolish because the Bible teaches us to pay our taxes, but his teachings are very good - his young earth creation seminars are still some of the best work in that field imo, and I personally know a few people for whom he played a big part in coming to Christ - all scientifically minded guys who needed Bible mixed with modern science to go from skeptics to believers

But that's just my humble opinion, don't mean to cause any stir, so if you strongly disagree feel free to just ignore it
                      Last edited by lorenei; December 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM.
                      I was going to be a Calvinist, but it just wasn't meant to be!

Comment

• Hovind lost me when he got into cryptozoology. other than that i think he's a very entertaining speaker and probably a likable brother, but i prefer ICR http://www.icr.org/aaf/ and AIG http://www.answersingenesis.org/
                        for Creationist info- they both tend to shy away from Hovind

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
                          Hovind lost me when he got into cryptozoology. other than that i think he's a very entertaining speaker and probably a likable brother, but i prefer ICR http://www.icr.org/aaf/ and AIG http://www.answersingenesis.org/
                          for Creationist info- they both tend to shy away from Hovind
                          Ooh thanks for those websites, I'll be sure to check them out I don't know much about cryptozoology, only that there definitely are mysterious animals out there, but yes I see no point in focusing on that too much

Comment

• i loved the "last banana" story in his Dr Dino series, i think of it every time i crack open a banana

Comment

• Edit: sent this as a personal message instead

Comment

• i was looking Sherlock Bally on the forums board and came across this thread. My church is having him as a speaker tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen/heard him? I started watching him on youtube and ended up falling asleep...not cause he was boring, it was interesting, I was just tired. So started watching more today. The parts of the 2 messages I've heard were both on end times. So I'm guessing he's an end times speaker. I know he has a middle east heritage, I just don't remember where from. I would watch more but now i have to get ready to take my daughter to our local Cruise night so she can work to raise money with her band to go to Washington DC next year. Please don't go out of your way to hear him, but if you have and you think it would be ok to let my kids hear him I would love to go. thank you guys!!

Comment

Working...
                                X