Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

I was wondering if we have a list of teachers that we can trust, those we cannot trust and those we need to be watching.

A list like that would be really helpful when looking for materials to read or listen to.

Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
    I was wondering if we have a list of teachers that we can trust, those we cannot trust and those we need to be watching.

A list like that would be really helpful when looking for materials to read or listen to.

many of the UMC and PCUSA and ELCA churches and pastors I would avoid cause many of them are universalism promoters (or at least that is true in my town anyway)

anyone associated with the acts 29 network or willow creek association I would either avoid or keep a close eye on.

the word of faith teachers for sure cant be trusted as is those closely aligned with Mike Bickle or the Extreme Prophetic crowd or the Elijah's List crowd

Steven Furtick and Mark Batterson

and Joel Osteen

and Rick Warren and Kerry Shook and Ed Young Jr. and Paul Wirth of Relevant Church in the Tampa area

and also Granger Church in Indiana 's leaders Mark Beeson and Tim Stevens

and Perry Noble I especially would avoid

I would for sure avoid. they are all seeker driven guys

================================================== ============================

in my town of Omaha, I will list a few for sure to avoid or keep a eye on and why:

besides using caution when it comes to the acts 29 network churches in my town

and also willow creek association churches listed at http://www.willowcreek.com/wca_info/...te=NE&Country=

I would avoid or be wary of:

Les Beauchamp of Trinity Church (supports everything from the Emergent and Contemplative stuff to people like Jay West and Todd Bentley)

Jane Florence of First UMC (push universalism and new-age stuff and is a supporter of the Jesus Seminar guys)

Eric Elnes of Countryside UCC (see Jane Florence for info on his teachings. he is similar to her in his views and theology)

Pastor Hank Kunneman and his wife Pastor Brenda Kunneman of Lord of Hosts Church (similar teachings to Kenneth Copeland and Rod Parsley and many of the TBN crowd)

Pastor Martin Williams of the Ambassador's Worship Center also is similar to what Lord of Hosts church teaches.

Christís Family Church pastor Don White and Liberty Christian Center pastor Jim McGaffin (I would use caution, what I know of them they are somewhat like a lot of the TBN folks when it comes to their theology)

same with Victory Church pastor Joe Laughlin (who from what little I know of him also, there is cause for concern about that church also

I will check those three churches out sometime to do a more in-dept review in future posts on here.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

wow,Perry Noble is a wolf alright.very cold and unloving and i don't see Jesus in him.
      the few i like is Hal Lindsey,Jack Kelly,Paul Washer.i have yet to hear them teach anything unbiblical.another i would avoid is John Hagee and Les Feldick.that guy and John Hagee preach a 2 gospel nonsense and i heard Hagee say once "Jesus did not come to be the Messiah" bull.Jesus did indeed come to be the messiah.
      In God I Trust

Comment

This is from an old thread here:

False Prophets, False Teachers, False Healers, Dominionism, Florida Outpouring (Revival), ElijahList, Heresy, Hyper-Charismania, Indigenous Peoples Movement, International Coalition of Apostles, Kingdom Now, Latter Rain, Manifest Sons of God, New Apostolic Reformation, New Breed, Third Wave, Word-Faith:

Che Ahn

John Avanzini

Todd Bentley (refer to Christian Research Service's Articles Page and Videos Page )

Reinhard Bonnke

William Branham (denied the Trinity)

Rodney Howard-Browne

Paul Cain

Stacey Campbell

Wesley Campbell

Charles Capps

Morris Cerullo

Paul Yongi Cho

Kim Clement

Kenneth Copeland

Dennis Cramer (refer to "Dennis Cramer: The 'Nervous' Prophet" and "Letter to Dennis Cramer-Part 2" and "Letter to Dennis Cramer-Part 3").

Paul Crouch

Finis Jennings Dake

Jack Deere

Creflo Dollar

Jesse Duplantis

Richard Foster

Francis Frangipane

Ted Haggard

Kenneth Hagin

Bill Hamon

Marilyn Hickey

Steve Hill

Benny Hinn (refer to http://www.christianresearchservice.com/Benny_Hinn.htm )

Charles & Frances Hunter

Bill Hybels/Willow Creek

Cindy Jacobs

T.D. Jakes

Bob Jones (Kansas City)

T.B. Joshua

Rick Joyner

E.W. Kenyon

John Kilpatrick

Joyce Meyer

Miles Munroe

Steve Munsey

Mike Murdock

Joel Osteen

George Otis, Jr.

Rod Parsley

Earl Paulk

Chuck Pierce

Frederick K.C. Price

Oral Roberts

Pat Robertson

Jerry Savelle

Dutch Sheets

Don Stewart

Tommy Tenney

Choo Thomas

CENTERING PRAYER, CHURCH GROWTH, CONTEMPLATIVE SPIRITUALITY, EMERGING CHURCH, LABYRINTH, MYSTICISM, PURPOSE DRIVEN:

Anonymous The Cloud of Unknowing

Liz Babbs

Ruth Haley Barton

Rob Bell

Ken Blanchard see http://www.christianresearchservice....gLikeJesus.htm

Troy Bronsink

Bernard of Clairvaux

Mike Bickle

Marcus Borg

Bob Buford

Spencer Burke

Tony Campolo

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

St. Catherine of Siena

Jim Collins

Larry Crabb

Mark Driscoll

Tilden Edwards

Meister Eckhart

Richard Foster

George Fox

Ken Gire

Pete Greig

Emilie Griffin

Madame Guyon

Hildegard of Bingen

Judith Hougen Transformed Into Fire: An Invitation to Life in the True Self

Hannah Hunard

Bill Hybels

Alan Jones

Ignatius of Loyola

John of the Cross

Judith Hougen Transformed Into Fire: An Invitation to Life in the True Self

Jan Johnson When the Soul Listens, http://www.janjohnson.org

St. John of the Cross

Laurie Beth Jones

Tony Jones

Julian of Norwich

Thomas Keating

Morton Kelsey

Keri Wyatt Kent Listen: Finding God in the Story of Your Life

Sue Monk Kidd

Dan Kimball

William Law

Brother Lawrence

St. Ignatius Loyola

Brian McLaren (see http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch....ianmclaren.htm. See also http://www.erwm.com/TheNewSpiritualFormation.htm )

Brennan Manning

Gerald May

Erwin McManus

Thomas Merton

Calvin Miller

Don Miller

Beth Moore Be Still DVD

Wayne Muller

David J. Muyskens Forty Days to a Closer Walk with God: The Practice of Centering Prayer

Henri Nouwen

John Ortberg The Life You Always Wanted

Doug Pagitt

Basil Pennington

Eugene Peterson

Gustave Reininger

Tricia Rhodes

Maggie & Duffy Robbins

Richard Rohr

Richard Rolle

Philip St. Romain

Thomas Ryan see NEW AGE MOVEMENT category

Will Sampson

Mark Scandrette

Pete Scazzero

Robert Schuller

Samir Selmanovic

Peter Senge

Chuck Smith, Jr.

Dan Southerland

Leonard Sweet

John Michael Talbot

St. Teresa of Avila

Gary Thomas

Patricia Treece

Evelyn Underhill

Karen Ward

Rick Warren

Robert Webber

Dallas Willard

Lauren Winner

Mark Yaconelli

Comment

Wow! Justin that's great.

I wish I could put this in PDF format and print it out.

I agree with Lyngraphics, we should sticky this for reference.

Comment

I just got done reading "A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life" by William Law. Can someone explain to me how he's considered apostate? Nothing struck me as off while reading it.

Comment

I shared this list with friends, BIG MISTAKE, I got replies that I was promoting false information, sadly it was meant from the heart to be aware of what's out there. The day isn't over, I'll be hearing some more yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Sheprdboi View Post
                I shared this list with friends, BIG MISTAKE, I got replies that I was promoting false information, sadly it was meant from the heart to be aware of what's out there. The day isn't over, I'll be hearing some more yet..
                No, not a mistake.

Some people will hold onto their pet preachers for dear life, regardless of what God's Word says.

But it is good to post this info everywhere.
                I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                  Wow! Justin that's great.

I wish I could put this in PDF format and print it out.

I agree with Lyngraphics, we should sticky this for reference.
                  Yes! This is a great list. Thanks CG

NWO- I can PDF it for you if you want. Just pm me your email and I will send it to you.

Comment

Some people want to have their ears tickled. In other words they want someone to tell them what they want to hear. They also don't want to get rid of sins in their lives that Jesus word says is wrong. This is trying to justify what they shouldn't be doing that it is okay. We are not saved by works, but a Christian will produce good fruit. Jesus said follow me not follow man. Too many people are trying to fit in instead of doing the will of God.
                    sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

[B]HELP[B] This is a response to me emailing this list to friends.
                      Are you sure about these. There are some names on here that I find it hard to believe that they are to beware of! Some are well thought of and preach the bible in what I believe to be good faith and sincerity. So if there is such a list as to beware of these, where is the list of who we can believe. This can be very damaging and I would like to know what they are basing this opinion on. It makes me suspicious of the “group of theologians, watchers, keepers of the true faith”! Where are their names, if making such a list they should surely sign it and explain why they put these names on the list. Most of the names I have never heard of, but some of them I listen to regularly. Is the second part of the list good or what. This is way too sketchy for me to understand what “they” are trying to tell us. Where do you get all this and what makes you believe it enough to forward the list?
                      [B]HELP[B] MOD's, Anyone? Is there a list of those we can maybe share of those who are on the right path? ( this is one of several responses I received after yesterdays emailing, it was meant to be helpful ) Thank you

Comment

[B]HELP[B] This is a response to me emailing this list to friends.
                        Are you sure about these. There are some names on here that I find it hard to believe that they are to beware of! Some are well thought of and preach the bible in what I believe to be good faith and sincerity. So if there is such a list as to beware of these, where is the list of who we can believe. This can be very damaging and I would like to know what they are basing this opinion on. It makes me suspicious of the “group of theologians, watchers, keepers of the true faith”! Where are their names, if making such a list they should surely sign it and explain why they put these names on the list. Most of the names I have never heard of, but some of them I listen to regularly. Is the second part of the list good or what. This is way too sketchy for me to understand what “they” are trying to tell us. Where do you get all this and what makes you believe it enough to forward the list?
                        [B]HELP[B] MOD's, Anyone? Is there a list of those we can maybe share of those who are on the right path? ( this is one of several responses I received after yesterdays emailing, it was meant to be helpful ) Thank you
                        It would probably be easier if you knew the names your friends were struggling with. Then we can point you in the right direction with relevant information.

Comment

Sadly thus far, I've heard from friends who have admitted themselves they are not really students of the Bible, but isn't it funny how quickly they are to rebuke, but without knowing.

Comment

Ok brothers and sisters, I need your help, I received an email from one of my friends, this is her Question;'Now I have some homework for you. I'm sending a list of names that I question should be on list of people to steer clear of. Please tell me why they are on the list and what they are spreading that is false.
                            Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Oral Roberts, Chuck Smith, Jr., Rick Warren, Sue Monk Kidd, Ed Young, Jr., Beth Moore Be Still DVD. Thanks. B***'
                            If I remember right, she belongs to an Assembly of God Church, I've been there, I won't ever attend again.. How can we help her?

Comment

Ok brothers and sisters, I need your help, I received an email from one of my friends, this is her Question;'Now I have some homework for you. I'm sending a list of names that I question should be on list of people to steer clear of. Please tell me why they are on the list and what they are spreading that is false.
                              Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Oral Roberts, Chuck Smith, Jr., Rick Warren, Sue Monk Kidd, Ed Young, Jr., Beth Moore Be Still DVD. Thanks. B***'
                              If I remember right, she belongs to an Assembly of God Church, I've been there, I won't ever attend again.. How can we help her?
                              oh boy, you got your work cut out for you. i don't really have the time to talk about each one right now, but if she listens to all of those ...

the following links will help you considerably:

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/

http://apprising.org/

Each one of those she listed is involved in Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel, Contemplative Spirituality, Emergent Church, Purpose Driven, or Charismania in one fashion or another. Search for their names in this apostasy subforum for threads on the individuals also. You could literally be here for days reading.

Comment

Working...
                              X