Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there a list of good and bad Bible teachers?

    I was wondering if we have a list of teachers that we can trust, those we cannot trust and those we need to be watching.

    A list like that would be really helpful when looking for materials to read or listen to.

  • #2
    Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
    I was wondering if we have a list of teachers that we can trust, those we cannot trust and those we need to be watching.

    A list like that would be really helpful when looking for materials to read or listen to.

    many of the UMC and PCUSA and ELCA churches and pastors I would avoid cause many of them are universalism promoters (or at least that is true in my town anyway)



    anyone associated with the acts 29 network or willow creek association I would either avoid or keep a close eye on.



    the word of faith teachers for sure cant be trusted as is those closely aligned with Mike Bickle or the Extreme Prophetic crowd or the Elijah's List crowd



    Steven Furtick and Mark Batterson

    and Joel Osteen



    and Rick Warren and Kerry Shook and Ed Young Jr. and Paul Wirth of Relevant Church in the Tampa area

    and also Granger Church in Indiana 's leaders Mark Beeson and Tim Stevens


    and Perry Noble I especially would avoid






    I would for sure avoid. they are all seeker driven guys



    ================================================== ============================

    in my town of Omaha, I will list a few for sure to avoid or keep a eye on and why:


    besides using caution when it comes to the acts 29 network churches in my town

    and also willow creek association churches listed at http://www.willowcreek.com/wca_info/...te=NE&Country=

    I would avoid or be wary of:


    Les Beauchamp of Trinity Church (supports everything from the Emergent and Contemplative stuff to people like Jay West and Todd Bentley)

    Jane Florence of First UMC (push universalism and new-age stuff and is a supporter of the Jesus Seminar guys)

    Eric Elnes of Countryside UCC (see Jane Florence for info on his teachings. he is similar to her in his views and theology)


    Pastor Hank Kunneman and his wife Pastor Brenda Kunneman of Lord of Hosts Church (similar teachings to Kenneth Copeland and Rod Parsley and many of the TBN crowd)

    Pastor Martin Williams of the Ambassador's Worship Center also is similar to what Lord of Hosts church teaches.



    Christís Family Church pastor Don White and Liberty Christian Center pastor Jim McGaffin (I would use caution, what I know of them they are somewhat like a lot of the TBN folks when it comes to their theology)

    same with Victory Church pastor Joe Laughlin (who from what little I know of him also, there is cause for concern about that church also



    I will check those three churches out sometime to do a more in-dept review in future posts on here.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

    Comment


    • #3
      wow,Perry Noble is a wolf alright.very cold and unloving and i don't see Jesus in him.
      the few i like is Hal Lindsey,Jack Kelly,Paul Washer.i have yet to hear them teach anything unbiblical.another i would avoid is John Hagee and Les Feldick.that guy and John Hagee preach a 2 gospel nonsense and i heard Hagee say once "Jesus did not come to be the Messiah" bull.Jesus did indeed come to be the messiah.
      In God I Trust

      Comment


      • #4
        This is from an old thread here:

        False Prophets, False Teachers, False Healers, Dominionism, Florida Outpouring (Revival), ElijahList, Heresy, Hyper-Charismania, Indigenous Peoples Movement, International Coalition of Apostles, Kingdom Now, Latter Rain, Manifest Sons of God, New Apostolic Reformation, New Breed, Third Wave, Word-Faith:

        Che Ahn

        John Avanzini

        Todd Bentley (refer to Christian Research Service's Articles Page and Videos Page )

        Reinhard Bonnke

        William Branham (denied the Trinity)

        Rodney Howard-Browne

        Paul Cain

        Stacey Campbell

        Wesley Campbell

        Charles Capps

        Morris Cerullo

        Paul Yongi Cho

        Kim Clement

        Kenneth Copeland

        Dennis Cramer (refer to "Dennis Cramer: The 'Nervous' Prophet" and "Letter to Dennis Cramer-Part 2" and "Letter to Dennis Cramer-Part 3").

        Paul Crouch

        Finis Jennings Dake

        Jack Deere

        Creflo Dollar

        Jesse Duplantis

        Richard Foster

        Francis Frangipane

        Ted Haggard

        Kenneth Hagin

        Bill Hamon

        Marilyn Hickey

        Steve Hill

        Benny Hinn (refer to http://www.christianresearchservice.com/Benny_Hinn.htm )

        Charles & Frances Hunter

        Bill Hybels/Willow Creek

        Cindy Jacobs

        T.D. Jakes

        Bob Jones (Kansas City)

        T.B. Joshua

        Rick Joyner

        E.W. Kenyon

        John Kilpatrick

        Joyce Meyer

        Miles Munroe

        Steve Munsey

        Mike Murdock

        Joel Osteen

        George Otis, Jr.

        Rod Parsley

        Earl Paulk

        Chuck Pierce

        Frederick K.C. Price

        Oral Roberts

        Pat Robertson

        Jerry Savelle

        Dutch Sheets

        Don Stewart

        Tommy Tenney

        Choo Thomas

        CENTERING PRAYER, CHURCH GROWTH, CONTEMPLATIVE SPIRITUALITY, EMERGING CHURCH, LABYRINTH, MYSTICISM, PURPOSE DRIVEN:

        Anonymous The Cloud of Unknowing

        Liz Babbs

        Ruth Haley Barton

        Rob Bell

        Ken Blanchard see http://www.christianresearchservice....gLikeJesus.htm

        Troy Bronsink

        Bernard of Clairvaux

        Mike Bickle

        Marcus Borg

        Bob Buford

        Spencer Burke

        Tony Campolo

        Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

        St. Catherine of Siena

        Jim Collins

        Larry Crabb

        Mark Driscoll

        Tilden Edwards

        Meister Eckhart

        Richard Foster

        George Fox

        Ken Gire

        Pete Greig

        Emilie Griffin

        Madame Guyon

        Hildegard of Bingen

        Judith Hougen Transformed Into Fire: An Invitation to Life in the True Self

        Hannah Hunard

        Bill Hybels

        Alan Jones

        Ignatius of Loyola

        John of the Cross

        Judith Hougen Transformed Into Fire: An Invitation to Life in the True Self

        Jan Johnson When the Soul Listens, http://www.janjohnson.org

        St. John of the Cross

        Laurie Beth Jones

        Tony Jones

        Julian of Norwich

        Thomas Keating

        Morton Kelsey

        Keri Wyatt Kent Listen: Finding God in the Story of Your Life

        Sue Monk Kidd

        Dan Kimball

        William Law

        Brother Lawrence

        St. Ignatius Loyola

        Brian McLaren (see http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch....ianmclaren.htm. See also http://www.erwm.com/TheNewSpiritualFormation.htm )

        Brennan Manning

        Gerald May

        Erwin McManus

        Thomas Merton

        Calvin Miller

        Don Miller

        Beth Moore Be Still DVD

        Wayne Muller

        David J. Muyskens Forty Days to a Closer Walk with God: The Practice of Centering Prayer

        Henri Nouwen

        John Ortberg The Life You Always Wanted

        Doug Pagitt

        Basil Pennington

        Eugene Peterson

        Gustave Reininger

        Tricia Rhodes

        Maggie & Duffy Robbins

        Richard Rohr

        Richard Rolle

        Philip St. Romain

        Thomas Ryan see NEW AGE MOVEMENT category

        Will Sampson

        Mark Scandrette

        Pete Scazzero

        Robert Schuller

        Samir Selmanovic

        Peter Senge

        Chuck Smith, Jr.

        Dan Southerland

        Leonard Sweet

        John Michael Talbot

        St. Teresa of Avila

        Gary Thomas

        Patricia Treece

        Evelyn Underhill

        Karen Ward

        Rick Warren

        Robert Webber

        Dallas Willard

        Lauren Winner

        Mark Yaconelli

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow! Justin that's great.

          I wish I could put this in PDF format and print it out.

          I agree with Lyngraphics, we should sticky this for reference.

          Comment


          • #6
            I just got done reading "A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life" by William Law. Can someone explain to me how he's considered apostate? Nothing struck me as off while reading it.

            Comment


            • #7
              I shared this list with friends, BIG MISTAKE, I got replies that I was promoting false information, sadly it was meant from the heart to be aware of what's out there. The day isn't over, I'll be hearing some more yet..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sheprdboi View Post
                I shared this list with friends, BIG MISTAKE, I got replies that I was promoting false information, sadly it was meant from the heart to be aware of what's out there. The day isn't over, I'll be hearing some more yet..
                No, not a mistake.

                Some people will hold onto their pet preachers for dear life, regardless of what God's Word says.

                But it is good to post this info everywhere.
                I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

                Psalm 84:10-11

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                  Wow! Justin that's great.

                  I wish I could put this in PDF format and print it out.

                  I agree with Lyngraphics, we should sticky this for reference.
                  Yes! This is a great list. Thanks CG

                  NWO- I can PDF it for you if you want. Just pm me your email and I will send it to you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some people want to have their ears tickled. In other words they want someone to tell them what they want to hear. They also don't want to get rid of sins in their lives that Jesus word says is wrong. This is trying to justify what they shouldn't be doing that it is okay. We are not saved by works, but a Christian will produce good fruit. Jesus said follow me not follow man. Too many people are trying to fit in instead of doing the will of God.
                    sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [B]HELP[B] This is a response to me emailing this list to friends.
                      Are you sure about these. There are some names on here that I find it hard to believe that they are to beware of! Some are well thought of and preach the bible in what I believe to be good faith and sincerity. So if there is such a list as to beware of these, where is the list of who we can believe. This can be very damaging and I would like to know what they are basing this opinion on. It makes me suspicious of the “group of theologians, watchers, keepers of the true faith”! Where are their names, if making such a list they should surely sign it and explain why they put these names on the list. Most of the names I have never heard of, but some of them I listen to regularly. Is the second part of the list good or what. This is way too sketchy for me to understand what “they” are trying to tell us. Where do you get all this and what makes you believe it enough to forward the list?
                      [B]HELP[B] MOD's, Anyone? Is there a list of those we can maybe share of those who are on the right path? ( this is one of several responses I received after yesterdays emailing, it was meant to be helpful ) Thank you

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sheprdboi View Post
                        [B]HELP[B] This is a response to me emailing this list to friends.
                        Are you sure about these. There are some names on here that I find it hard to believe that they are to beware of! Some are well thought of and preach the bible in what I believe to be good faith and sincerity. So if there is such a list as to beware of these, where is the list of who we can believe. This can be very damaging and I would like to know what they are basing this opinion on. It makes me suspicious of the “group of theologians, watchers, keepers of the true faith”! Where are their names, if making such a list they should surely sign it and explain why they put these names on the list. Most of the names I have never heard of, but some of them I listen to regularly. Is the second part of the list good or what. This is way too sketchy for me to understand what “they” are trying to tell us. Where do you get all this and what makes you believe it enough to forward the list?
                        [B]HELP[B] MOD's, Anyone? Is there a list of those we can maybe share of those who are on the right path? ( this is one of several responses I received after yesterdays emailing, it was meant to be helpful ) Thank you
                        It would probably be easier if you knew the names your friends were struggling with. Then we can point you in the right direction with relevant information.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sadly thus far, I've heard from friends who have admitted themselves they are not really students of the Bible, but isn't it funny how quickly they are to rebuke, but without knowing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok brothers and sisters, I need your help, I received an email from one of my friends, this is her Question;'Now I have some homework for you. I'm sending a list of names that I question should be on list of people to steer clear of. Please tell me why they are on the list and what they are spreading that is false.
                            Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Oral Roberts, Chuck Smith, Jr., Rick Warren, Sue Monk Kidd, Ed Young, Jr., Beth Moore Be Still DVD. Thanks. B***'
                            If I remember right, she belongs to an Assembly of God Church, I've been there, I won't ever attend again.. How can we help her?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sheprdboi View Post
                              Ok brothers and sisters, I need your help, I received an email from one of my friends, this is her Question;'Now I have some homework for you. I'm sending a list of names that I question should be on list of people to steer clear of. Please tell me why they are on the list and what they are spreading that is false.
                              Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Oral Roberts, Chuck Smith, Jr., Rick Warren, Sue Monk Kidd, Ed Young, Jr., Beth Moore Be Still DVD. Thanks. B***'
                              If I remember right, she belongs to an Assembly of God Church, I've been there, I won't ever attend again.. How can we help her?
                              oh boy, you got your work cut out for you. i don't really have the time to talk about each one right now, but if she listens to all of those ...

                              the following links will help you considerably:

                              http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/

                              http://apprising.org/

                              Each one of those she listed is involved in Word of Faith, Prosperity Gospel, Contemplative Spirituality, Emergent Church, Purpose Driven, or Charismania in one fashion or another. Search for their names in this apostasy subforum for threads on the individuals also. You could literally be here for days reading.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X