No announcement yet.

Holy Laughter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see any edification for a Believer in any of this. It seems like its demonic inspired and a mockery.

Comment

Originally posted by turtle View Post
      "...for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints" (v. 33).

Any time the Holy spirit fills people and manifests threw believers it is always
      ALWAYS for the reason of edification.
      Also it is always sober and controled ,never chaotic and drunk or crazy.
      At the very beginning of the church age the holy spirit used a supernatural
      ability called speaking in tongues so that all the people of every dialect could understand the gospel of Christ.
      Their were many different dialects and people around who needed to hear the Gospel ,and the Holy spirit made it happen.
      That was the reason for it.
      Their is no doubt much joy and laughter in the Body of Christ ,But it is always under control.
      I can promise you that spiritual drunkenness and crazy out of control laughter is not of the holy spirit.
      And it could very well be demonic.

Take a look at this vidio.
      The Lord speaks and works in the Body to edify the body. and their is never any occasion by which God indulges people for the sake of experiential gratification. NOT EVER.
      Especially watch and listen to the red haired woman toward the last quarter of the video.
      I am convinced that this whole thing is a manifestation of demonic frenzy.

I agree that it is demonic. This shows no regard for the holiness of God and respect for the Holy Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
        A real caution in that is churches that are heavy on experiential are usually poor on The Word. Instruction in The Word is far more important that experience or signs/manifestations.
        Agree.

In my opinion a sincere seeker has a monumental task on their hands today in finding the ideal church to attend regularly and possibly join.

Whether alone or in a home bible study, the most important thing IMO is to get correct bible teaching. (2 Timothy 2:15)

That of course is not to say that being faithful to the Lord in one's walk is less important than having good doctrine.
        We need both.

Comment

Originally posted by mom2four View Post
          OK...I am confused....is speaking in tongues now, NOT biblical? I've spoken in tongues and have had prophetic dreams, but I always try to test it with scripture. I've even had a visitation by Jesus in dream that completely brought me closer to the Lord. I've had three visions too. I am just a baby Christian, so don't want to get mixed up with anything demonic. I know to throw out anything that doesn't line up with scripture. Watching this holy laughter videos turned my stomach as it seems demonic.

I just go to a calvary chapel church and have never witnessed such as that, but there is very little talk about the prophetic word or the Holy Spirit gifts so I have been wondering if I should be switching to a pentecostal church, but watching these videos I don't want to get mixed up with anything like that. Which pentecostal churches are ok generally speaking?
          Bless your heart! I don't want anyone to doubt or question those thing that they have found to be true, believable and found in Scripture! I myself am pentecostal. It's just that these excesses in "experience " are most often given priority over God's Word in charismania.Indeed they are elevated to the level of above the Word of God in many circles and we are told by some to believe this above Scripture. But this view is NOT the view held by all pentecostal or charismatics. It often comes down to individual congregations and the importance they place on good solid Biblical teaching.

Comment

Calvary Chapel believes in tongues and the prophetic word but they believe in the biblical use and control of them. If I remember right and owl can confirm or debunk this, if someone has a prophetic word they have to go to the pastor and elders and reveal it to them and then they decide if the word is from God. If it is then it is made public. A tongue can only be shared if someone can translate it. This prevents someone from disrupting the service with babble that only draws attention to how spiritual they are and also helps prevents someone from giving prophecy in God's name when it is not from him. Calvary gets a lot of criticism for "smothering the Holy Spirit" but it lines up with scripture and it keeps the type of things shown in this thread from happening. Even in Churches that teach the true Gospel there is always the danger of becoming to focused on our senses and looking for fulfillment in the experiences instead of in Christ.

I won't and can not judge anyone's salvation who is involved in the type of demonic activity that we have been discussing in this thread but it is only by the grace of God anyone involved is saved. The movements themselves are satanic and are counterfeit Christianity, the Jesus worshiped is not the true Jesus of the Bible but a demonic impersonator. I am not talking about simple differences in the faith like raising hands during worship, I am talking about churches that teach a different gospel and promote the giving over of their member's bodies for demonic manipulation. This is why discernment is so important, without it we end up worshiping the devil and are no different from Israel when they worshiped Baal. These are the people who at the judgment will say Lord, Lord didn't we do great wonders and Jesus will say I never knew you, Matthew 7:21-23.

Comment

Originally posted by GodwithUS View Post
              I don't see any edification for a Believer in any of this.
              That is the 'test' for any of this stuff.
              Let all things be done decently and in order.
              (1Co 14:40)
              The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
              Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
              (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Originally posted by vemee View Post
                Calvary Chapel believes in tongues and the prophetic word but they believe in the biblical use and control of them. If I remember right and owl can confirm or debunk this, if someone has a prophetic word they have to go to the pastor and elders and reveal it to them and then they decide if the word is from God. If it is then it is made public. A tongue can only be shared if someone can translate it. This prevents someone from disrupting the service with babble that only draws attention to how spiritual they are and also helps prevents someone from giving prophecy in God's name when it is not from him. Calvary gets a lot of criticism for "smothering the Holy Spirit" but it lines up with scripture and it keeps the type of things shown in this thread from happening. Even in Churches that teach the true Gospel there is always the danger of becoming to focused on our senses and looking for fulfillment in the experiences instead of in Christ.
                That about sums it up. Manifestation of the Spirit are not part of any church service. We believe in the assembly Teaching is the Gift being exercised. Eph 4:11

If someone was to stand up in a church service, the ushers would take him out of the sanctuary and explain to him what is "Decent and in order." 1 Cor 14:40 The CC I attend has not had an episode like that in the 24 years I have been there.
                There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vemee View Post
                  ...I won't and can not judge anyone's salvation who is involved in the type of demonic activity that we have been discussing in this thread but it is only by the grace of God anyone involved is saved....

You know, I have often questioned whether or not I was truly saved during that deception, but reflecting back on my walk even then, I know that I was. I sometimes wonder why it was that church that I got saved in, but I just know that it is by the grace of God that I got saved before any of those experiences. I know that when I said that prayer it was because I genuinely needed a savior and knew in my heart that I would go to Hell because I was a sinner. I still remember before they gave the alter call, already wanting to head up front to pray. I can barely remember even walking to the front, but I do remember that as soon as I got up out of my seat and started down the aisle, I fell to my knees and tears started pouring. I said that prayer that day and I meant every word of it. Now, what happened following my Salvation is indeed questionable, but I would rather not dwell on it anymore and just pray for those who are still deceived.

Comment

I do not always agree with David Wilkerson, but I have to go with him on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrpW6...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by candlelight View Post
                      I do not always agree with David Wilkerson, but I have to go with him on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrpW6...eature=related
                      uncontrollable laughter with no preaching.......

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

SearchLight71

I think your bulb burned out.
                        John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

I have been in lots of churches with people being slain in the spirit, laughing, etc. and don't really know the truth of the matter. I've never had that happen to me but always thought it maybe was because I'm so reserved.

For a long time I thought I was never "touched" like that because I couldn't fully "let go and Let God". Now that I read some of your comments I have to wonder though. I will say that the churches I went to seemed to be on fire for God and did lots of great works. The ministers preached great sermons and I've learned a lot.

I know often I've been moved to tears during a sermon, and I have danced for joy, but I was always in control and knew what I was doing.

Some of what I saw on the videos was strange. Isn't that the kind of things that happen at voodoo worship too?

Comment

I don't know the scientific specifics but I remember when I was like... three or four years old I used to start laughing on purpose for no real reason (see: boredom) and then progressively actually start laughing some more when everyone looked at my like I was a weirdo. You know why I did it? For attention! My nearly two year old daughter is starting to do the same thing.

I'm not sure why, but when adults do it it comes off as very... creepy. But that's probably a moot point. Perhaps these adults don't have the best relationship with Christ that they should. I can't speak for everyone, but I say why attempt to do such things to capture the attention of He who is already with us always.

Comment

Working...
                            X