No announcement yet.

Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if joel osteen fell down in the woods and there was no Christian to hear him, would he still be wrong?

Comment

• THE JOEL OSTEEN CHURCH NETWORK
      By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Oct 25, 2011 in Current Issues, Features, Joel Osteen

With the time I have left Apprising Ministries continues documenting the sad slide into apostasy of the evangelical community. Are you ready for Joel Osteen Joins Hands With America’s Churches?

Christian Post reminds us today that Word Faith “blab it and grab it” prosperity heretic Joel Osteen continues to gain ground in the mainstream of the church visible.

We’ve already seen evangelical darling, and returning Elephant Room vet, Prophet Pastor Steven Furtick demonstrate just how far off his discernment is in Steven Furtick, James MacDonald, And Joel Osteen.

Right; if Joel Osteen is a great man of God, then Mormon founder Joseph Smith was actually a Christian prophet. Well after-all, Osteen’s already said Mitt Romney And Mormons Are Christians.

CP contributor Mark Hensch tells us:

Joel Osteen, the pastor of Houston’s Lakewood Church, hopes his fame will put a face on the nation’s Christian community. The New York Times bestselling author is leading Lakewood’s Champions Network, a national network that helps Christians find churches in their area.

“I feel like God said ‘Joel, go connect with other pastors and get people into good, Bible-based churches,’” he said Monday at a Champions Network meeting in Washington, D.C. “I’m trying to throw a wide net of hope and catch people flipping through the channels unaware of Christ.” (Online source)

No, God didn’t tell this to Joel Osteen. Before Osteen could get people “into good, Bible-based churches” he’d have to first know what one is. We certainly don’t see it with his Lakewood Church.

As a matter of fact, today special AM correspondent Erin Benziger gives us more reason to reject Joel Osteen as a false teacher in her post “I believe that [Mormons] are Christians,” Mr. Osteen said…

These words you’re see and hear below are not those of a genuine Christian:

“I believe that [Mormons] are Christians,” Mr. Osteen said. “I don’t know if it’s the purest form of Christianity, like I grew up with. But you know what, I know Mormons. I hear Mitt Romney — and I’ve never met him — but I hear him say, ‘I believe Jesus is the son of God,’ ‘I believe he’s my savior,’ and that’s one of the core issues.

“I’m sure there are other issues that we don’t agree on. But you know, I can say that the Baptists and the Methodists and the Catholics don’t all agree on everything. So that would be my take on it.” (Online Source)

http://apprising.org/2011/10/25/the-...hurch-network/
      For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
        Slicker than a greased eel that one is....Just try to grab a hold of anything he says and see if it didn't come right before or just after some qualifier that essentially de-positions him from taking a stand on anything. Maybe he should run for public office.

The above is not really a quote - It was intended as a parody. Please do not believe it.
        Sounds like Joel Osteen to me. I'm sure he would have mentioned the "find the champion in you" part he always talks about.
        Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Sounds like Joel Osteen to me. I'm sure he would have mentioned the "find the champion in you" part he always talks about.
          On his "find the champion in you" statement those who are born again have the Holy Spirit living inside us to give us correct biblical guidance for our lives. We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Joel needs to follow the truth in The Bible, and no one is to add or take away from The Bible. He needs a good lesson in sound doctrine. The Mormons are a cult.
          sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• in the one world religion he is fighting for, mormons are christians, as is everyone else
            Last edited by Jlutz; October 25th, 2011, 11:14 PM. Reason: edit for clarification
            For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
              in the one world religion he is fighting for, mormons are christians, as is everyone else
              and this is being done in the name of so called Christian Unity (a word that seeker and emergent folks like to throw around)

Comment

• No big shock here, I seriously doubt he can identify anything that resembles true Christianity.
                There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Osteen & his devious Jokerish smile.....creeps me out!
                  Does this guy ever get it right?
                  John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by BelovedChild View Post
                    Just because someone says something, it does not make it so. For example, I can say that I believe in fairies, but that does not make them exist.
                    Fairies don't exist? huh.
                    sigpic"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
                    MTHW 24:31

Comment

• Well, Well I just don’t know Joel just what do you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
                        Fairies don't exist? huh.
                        Let's not start getting crazy here!!! Were talking about Joel O, not trying disprove the factual existence of fairies.
                        For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
                          Let's not start getting crazy here!!! Were talking about Joel O, not trying disprove the factual existence of fairies.
                          LOL! Good! I was gonna say!
                          sigpic"And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."
                          MTHW 24:31

Comment

• This doesn't surprise me. He's very charismatic so that it is automatically going to get his people to believe in what he's saying. Good motivational speaker with the huge cheezy smile.

They are going to be in for a rude awakening upon finding out that they have been led astray.

But that's what the world wants. For someone to agree with them and to make things their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by makeupgirl View Post
                              This doesn't surprise me. They are going to be in for a rude awakening upon finding out that they have been led astray.

But that's what the world wants. For someone to agree with them and to make things their way.

u are so right. I think 2 Timothy 4:3-4 best describes the blind followers of folks like Osteen and the seeker pastors as well as some political leaders followers

Comment

• {Mod Snip} Rule 14 {Mod Snip}
                                Last edited by Steve53; October 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X