Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by His Bride View Post
    Funny, given how this thread has developed. I would say that Osteen is non-controversial to those all inclusive ones traveling the wide road to destruction. Those of us on the narrow road have real issues with this man's faithless message, as has been expressed in this thread.
    Originally posted by Musclecar1975 View Post
    I get really annoyed by other Christians who call those us who point out false teachings "pharisees." Give me a break!

Again, another cop-out, just like the whole "don't judge" argument. The bible commands us to contend for the faith, which means to DEFEND true biblical teachings against false one. We are obeying what God has commanded us to do.

When I was a baby Christian and didn't know better, I used to watch his show on TBN. I loved it. He seemed so positive and spoke only on the love of God, not one word about His holiness or righteousness. By God's grace, He opened my eyes to the fallacy of Joel's teachings (along with 99.9% of the rest of the TBN crowd).

Each week at the end of the show, he gives an invitation to receive Christ, without presenting the Gospel. So he is leading thousands, if not millions of people into saying a simple prayer and BOOM! They're "saved", without knowing WHY they need to be saved, creating a bunch of false converts. No wonder so many of our churches in America are so lame, because they're full of false teachers like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, ad nausea. Joel is going to have a lot of blood on his hands when he stands before the Lord. Not good.

Joel Osteen is nothing less than a wolf in sheep's clothing.
    Amen sisters!! When Jesus says in Matthew 7:14 ~ "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it", I believe Him.

We are approaching some really dark times in the Church and now more than ever, the Bride MUST unite and stand firm on God's Word, no room for wishy washy, no room for compromise, no room for watered down gospels, no room for satan to throw his lies and deceit in, we must stand on the Rock!

Comment

Now THAT I didn't know. It's most likely because he subscribes to their plans or materials.....interesting, though.
      youre probably right.
      For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• I'm sure Mr. Osteen means well by not being controversial.

Luke 12:51-53

51 "Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division;

52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.

53 "They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Oops! Looks like Jesus has a different take on the matter of controversy.
        Matthew 22:36-40

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Comment

• I did catch the show. Joel seemed quite nervous, unlike his suave, confident Sunday sermons, which I read that he memorizes and doesn't stray from.

The thing that bothered me most about this short interview -- Hannity asked a question concerning his stance on gay marriages and Joel smoothly waffled by muttering something about gay marriages "not being God's best."

That answer just infuriated me because homosexuality is mentioned as a SIN in the Bible numerous times. Yet he REFUSED to call it sinful, just artfully dodged the issue by that ridiculous, ingratiating remark, which I felt was specifically meant to NOT alienate the gay crowd.

Joel, Joel, Joel...always seems willing to waffle on issues so as not to alienate anyone. He is SO ultra-concerned about maintaining a huge following, which just disgusts me.

I only WISH he cared half as much about preaching the Gospel boldly and following what the Bible really says!

Comment

• Yeah Hannity had to ask him twice about that, and I think he was suprised and disappointed with the answer.
            sigpic

Comment

• How are people suppose to know what sin is, if it is not preached?
              There you have it! Joel should be BOLDLY informing folks that the book of Leviticus repeatedly calls homosexuality "AN ABOMINATION UNTO THE LORD." Instead, he gives some lame, wishy-washy, waffling answer meant to appease everyone. All he apparently cares about is HIS OWN POPULARITY and NOT OFFENDING ANYONE.

He cares nothing for boldly preaching what The Word actually SAYS!

Shame on him!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waiting4Jesus View Post
                The thing that bothered me most about this short interview -- Hannity asked a question concerning his stance on gay marriages and Joel smoothly waffled by muttering something about gay marriages "not being God's best."
                Waiting4Jesus,

Yes, this was mentioned also on another thread, and you know there are those that want to defend Joel. But I just don't see how that can be a Godly answer from a man of God. Why not just put the question to him, "Is homosexuality right or wrong", and tell him he gets only those choices. Otherwise he is just saying...umm .... well.................well it's "not God's best'' ..yeah yeah that's the answer..........

Joel, Joel, Joel.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Musclecar1975 View Post
                  I get really annoyed by other Christians who call those us who point out false teachings "pharisees." Give me a break!

Again, another cop-out, just like the whole "don't judge" argument. The bible commands us to contend for the faith, which means to DEFEND true biblical teachings against false one. We are obeying what God has commanded us to do.

When I was a baby Christian and didn't know better, I used to watch his show on TBN. I loved it. He seemed so positive and spoke only on the love of God, not one word about His holiness or righteousness. By God's grace, He opened my eyes to the fallacy of Joel's teachings (along with 99.9% of the rest of the TBN crowd).

Each week at the end of the show, he gives an invitation to receive Christ, without presenting the Gospel. So he is leading thousands, if not millions of people into saying a simple prayer and BOOM! They're "saved", without knowing WHY they need to be saved, creating a bunch of false converts. No wonder so many of our churches in America are so lame, because they're full of false teachers like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, ad nausea. Joel is going to have a lot of blood on his hands when he stands before the Lord. Not good.

Joel Osteen is nothing less than a wolf in sheep's clothing.
                  I loved TBN when I was baby Christian as well. It wasn't until I started getting yahoo answers that I started seeing the truth about Joel Osteen. This man needs our prayers as well as those who are being led astray by his message.

Comment

• I just can't stomach watching the video. Not unless he finally found his spine and boldly proclaimed the truth.

Comment

• ok ok i've been looking at some of the stuff Joel says, to be honest i'd never heard of the guy til this thread, and i cant really find anywhere he talks about jesus except that one video a couple of pages back, and although i do feel there are different ways to witness to different ppl you still need to let people know that there is only one way to god, jesus, and how and why you have to accept him. I do still contend that when your talking to someone that is so deep in their sin, i.e homosexuals that its best to build a relationship, if poss, and talk to them about the love of jesus and then gradually bring up the fact that its a sin and why you believe its a sin and that jesus can set them free, but all i hear this guy say is about being positive and blessed but not really saying how to be blessed or positive, ie reading the bible and accepting jesus. So ill hold my hands up i might have made a mistake defending this dude cos if he isn't gonna get round to sharing the gosple of christ after he has spoken about his love and blessings etc then there isn't really any point to him speaking at all. Interesting thought Paul said he became all things to all people but im sure he still told them how to get saved

Comment

• Originally posted by imfree View Post
                        I just can't stomach watching the video. Not unless he finally found his spine and boldly proclaimed the truth.
                        Sorry, but... NOPE! He didn't... but he was really likable.

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' 38 "This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40 "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

Comment

• Originally posted by stubob View Post
                          ok ok i've been looking at some of the stuff Joel says, to be honest i'd never heard of the guy til this thread, and i cant really find anywhere he talks about jesus except that one video a couple of pages back, and although i do feel there are different ways to witness to different ppl you still need to let people know that there is only one way to god, jesus, and how and why you have to accept him. I do still contend that when your talking to someone that is so deep in their sin, i.e homosexuals that its best to build a relationship, if poss, and talk to them about the love of jesus and then gradually bring up the fact that its a sin and why you believe its a sin and that jesus can set them free, but all i hear this guy say is about being positive and blessed but not really saying how to be blessed or positive, ie reading the bible and accepting jesus. So ill hold my hands up i might have made a mistake defending this dude cos if he isn't gonna get round to sharing the gosple of christ after he has spoken about his love and blessings etc then there isn't really any point to him speaking at all. Interesting thought Paul said he became all things to all people but im sure he still told them how to get saved
                          Paul left ample evidence of the message of salvation in his epistles.

Do not forget that Mr. Osteen is in the ministry business. I'm not saying that, "Nobody can be brought to Christ through his ministry."; but I believe that there are many more who won't be led to Christ... and he is a minister!?... of whom, Christ!?

I think, not.

Comment

• I just wanted to say that Joy Behar would have thrown something at him if he said what it literally states in the bible. That's doing his job!!

Comment

but i keep saying that in this country there is no excuse. we have bibles and radio shows and good preachers still out there with the truth. every person who succumbs to deception has only themselves to blame. OWL said it well on the radio the other night......they just want their ears tickled.....so be it!
                              I TOTALLY agree with you! When I wrote my post earlier today, I was thinking about how I don't feel sorry for these people, because they have plenty of opportunities to read their bibles and study God's word, but they don't bother, so you're right....they have no one to blame but themselves.

Originally posted by Christina
                              We are approaching some really dark times in the Church and now more than ever, the Bride MUST unite and stand firm on God's Word, no room for wishy washy, no room for compromise, no room for watered down gospels, no room for satan to throw his lies and deceit in, we must stand on the Rock!
                              And a hearty AMEN indeed, Christina!

Comment

• Didn't you guys know? Being controversial is not God's best.

Comment

Working...
                                X