Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShowUsTheFather View Post
    Can you get that "One Way" arrow to aim up, or at least to the Right. Seems like everything is leaning Left, even some of these threads.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
      Can you get that "One Way" arrow to aim up, or at least to the Right. Seems like everything is leaning Left, even some of these threads.

i'm almost surprised, but we were told it would happen. satan hates it when his plants are exposed

Comment

• Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post

believe it or not, when I made it I tried to do that, since I am inclined to go right...
        alas...

If I made it go up the pole would look dumb.
        I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
        For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
        no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

believe it or not, when I made it I tried to do that, since I am inclined to go right...
          alas...

[ATTACH]646[/ATTACH]

If I made it go up the pole would look dumb.
          There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stubob View Post
            My thoughts exactly
            How do you figure that? There are many Pastor's that are resolute and stand on biblical principles, like McArthur, Washer, OWL. They are not Fire and Brimstone, but stand on their convictions and do not falter? They also give plain and concise explanations, something that Osteen severely lacks. How are people suppose to know what sin is, if it is not preached? This simply does not make any sense in the least. As Joel stands, anything goes as long as you are positive and do it with a SMILE. I am really concerned for someone that thinks Osteen can reach people then those who preach the word. I pray you will re-evaluate what you wrote. Guess you would have thought the Apostle Paul a Fire and Brimstone guy?

Comment

• Osteen was just on Hannity, too.

Hannity referred to Joel as non-controversial.
              I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
              For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
              no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Osteen was just on Hannity, too.

Hannity referred to Joel as non-controversial.
                Funny, given how this thread has developed. I would say that Osteen is non-controversial to those all inclusive ones traveling the wide road to destruction. Those of us on the narrow road have real issues with this man's faithless message, as has been expressed in this thread.

Comment

• I get really annoyed by other Christians who call those us who point out false teachings "pharisees." Give me a break!

Again, another cop-out, just like the whole "don't judge" argument. The bible commands us to contend for the faith, which means to DEFEND true biblical teachings against false one. We are obeying what God has commanded us to do.

When I was a baby Christian and didn't know better, I used to watch his show on TBN. I loved it. He seemed so positive and spoke only on the love of God, not one word about His holiness or righteousness. By God's grace, He opened my eyes to the fallacy of Joel's teachings (along with 99.9% of the rest of the TBN crowd).

Each week at the end of the show, he gives an invitation to receive Christ, without presenting the Gospel. So he is leading thousands, if not millions of people into saying a simple prayer and BOOM! They're "saved", without knowing WHY they need to be saved, creating a bunch of false converts. No wonder so many of our churches in America are so lame, because they're full of false teachers like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, ad nausea. Joel is going to have a lot of blood on his hands when he stands before the Lord. Not good.

Joel Osteen is nothing less than a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Comment

• Joel Osteen was on Hannity on 11-13-09 aka Friday the 13th

anyone see it?

I BTW wish Hannity and Fox News would stop have fake pastors like Osteen and Rick Warren and have real preachers on.

Last edited by OnceWasLost; November 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM.
                    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• Originally posted by Musclecar1975 View Post
                      I get really annoyed by other Christians who compare those us who point out false teachings "pharisees." Give me a break!

Again, another cop-out, just like the whole "don't judge" argument. The bible commands us to contend for the faith, which means to DEFEND true biblical teachings against false one. We are obeying what God has commanded us to do.

When I was a baby Christian and didn't know better, I used to watch his show on TBN. I loved it. He seemed so positive and spoke only on the love of God, not one word about His holiness or righteousness. By God's grace, He opened my eyes to the fallacy of Joel's teachings (along with 99.9% of the rest of the TBN crowd).

Each week at the end of the show, he gives an invitation to receive Christ, without presenting the Gospel. So he is leading thousands, if not millions of people into saying a simple prayer and BOOM! They're "saved", without knowing WHY they need to be saved, creating a bunch of false converts. No wonder so many of our churches in America are so lame, because they're full of false teachers like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, ad nausea. Joel is going to have a lot of blood on his hands when he stands before the Lord. Not good.

Joel Osteen is nothing less than a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Bravo, Muscle Car....you are so very correct!

There is a great lack of discernment among people who claim to be believers today!

Comment

• He avoids controversy........wow, tell that to the Lord Jesus....

Typical Word of Faith....God wants us to be blessed and live the good life!

Scripture twisting....verses out of context.....

Comment

• Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                          He avoids controversy........wow, tell that to the Lord Jesus....

Typical Word of Faith....God wants us to be blessed and live the good life!

Scripture twisting....verses out of context.....

he is also a willow creek association pastor

(see link)

http://www.willowcreek.com/wca_info/...20%20%20%20512

so that dont surprise me he is so PC and wanting to please everyone at once
                          For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                            Bravo, Muscle Car....you are so very correct!

There is a great lack of discernment among people who claim to be believers today!

You know, I can't help but wonder what our churches will look like after the Rapture....so many people will be saying "But I thought I was a Christian! Why did I get left behind?", all because they listened to people like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, etc.

It's pretty sad when you think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Musclecar1975 View Post

You know, I can't help but wonder what our churches will look like after the Rapture....so many people will be saying "But I thought I was a Christian! Why did I get left behind?", all because they listened to people like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, etc.

It's pretty sad when you think about it.
                              but i keep saying that in this country there is no excuse. we have bibles and radio shows and good preachers still out there with the truth. every person who succumbs to deception has only themselves to blame. OWL said it well on the radio the other night......they just want their ears tickled.....so be it!

Comment

• Originally posted by billiefan2000 View Post
                                he is also a willow creek association pastor

(see link)

http://www.willowcreek.com/wca_info/...20%20%20%20512

so that dont surprise me he is so PC and wanting to please everyone at once
                                Now THAT I didn't know. It's most likely because he subscribes to their plans or materials.....interesting, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X