Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lyngraphics View Post
    Curious about the message Joel was preaching on when you received Jesus?
    Actually, Lyn, that is a very good question?

If anyone here has been led to the Lord through the preaching of Osteen, I would be interested in knowing what he said to convict you.

Comment

• I will Pm you guys when i get the chance..
      props!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
        For those who say Joel does not mention Jesus in his sermons or doesn't preach from the Bible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TKHd...eature=related
        So it's all about the abundant life?

Directly from Joel's website:

God desires that you be so blessed that you can turn around and be a blessing everywhere you go! He wants you to have so much peace, so much joy, so much victory that when other people get around you it spills over onto them! In the book of Psalms, David said, “My cup runs over.” He was overflowing with the anointing—the tangible, effective power of God. Too many people today have a barely-get-by-mentality. They settle for thoughts like, “I can barely pay my bills…I have an okay job…I have an okay marriage.” But Jesus came so we can live an abundant life! That means an abundance of joy, an abundance of peace, an abundance of health, an abundance of finances. You may not see it right now, and maybe you haven’t experienced it in the past, but don’t get complacent and just settle for where you are. Get a vision for your future! Get a vision for increase! Get a vision for Abundance! Psalm 35:27 says, “Let them say continually, ‘Let the Lord be magnified Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His children.’” God delights to see you prosperous and successful. When you choose to think God’s thoughts and choose God’s way, you’ll see that increase and victory in every area of your life. Now is the time to move forward and live the abundant life God has planned for you!

http://bookstore.joelosteen.com/p-57...dant-life.aspx
        Jesus was beaten, torn, mocked, nailed, and speared so I can have an abundant life? Interesting, I thought He died for me so I can be saved from the sins that were sending me straight to an eternal hell?

Comment

• Originally posted by carolina_guy View Post

Jesus was beaten, torn, mocked, nailed, and speared so I can have an abundant life? Interesting, I thought He died for me so I can be saved from the sins that were sending me straight to an eternal hell?

Jesus would not be living his best life then, according to Osteen. A poor Carpenter's son, born in a stable, hated by many, tried unjustly, crucified among thieves, buried in a donated grave.....

Sorry, but Joel's abundant life and Jesus' abundant life do not mix.

Comment

• if only joel's version of jesus could envision wealth for himself ....

Comment

Man condemns and seeks punishment. God shows mercy and forgives. Even to the point of dying for sinners.

It was always the religious who gave Jesus the most problems because he didn't follow their model.
              Yes, God shows mercy and forgives but He also teaches of repentence, sin, Hell (did you know that the Bible speaks of Hell more than it speaks of Heaven?), He teaches of what will happen for those who reject Him as their Lord and Savior, He teaches of eternal damnation and the lake of fire.

Please stop with all the fuzzy wuzzies because that is not our God. God is love but God is also just!

Comment

• It was his article on a new beginning and few others, that reach out to me.
                The quoted verses helped me study the bible and read more , which in turn that lead me to church + Christ.

Up until then i had placed my faith elsewhere...
                So that it is, not as straight forward as i've typed it, but the space on this ;would not fit what i have to say/type..

I found Christ through one of Joel's articles. He is a great speaker.
                Ultimately, he led me to the greatest Teacher in the World-Jesus.
                So that's me..i'm gon' hope off this thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                  And then he does that, in the same church. That's victory? To have stuff and all the earthly stuff.

The second is worse than The View. This is not the Gospel, he has blood on his hands, and will give account for this.

Which joel to believe?
                  ...and this is one of the reassons we have so much confusion within the Body of Christ today!!! One minute it's this and the next minute it's that! Just give me Jesus and you can keep all your prosperity, health and wealth!

Comment

• I think Joel should take his show on the road to say, China, or the Middle East, where Christians are persecuted for their faith.....Wonder how big he would go over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Taylorz View Post
                      I will Pm you guys when i get the chance..
                      props!
                      Why not just put it publically, I'm sure we're all interested in knowing what he said that convicted you of your need for Jesus, I know I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by carolina_guy View Post

God desires that you be so blessed that you can turn around and be a blessing everywhere you go! He wants you to have so much peace, so much joy, so much victory that when other people get around you it spills over onto them! In the book of Psalms, David said, “My cup runs over.” He was overflowing with the anointing—the tangible, effective power of God. Too many people today have a barely-get-by-mentality. They settle for thoughts like, “I can barely pay my bills…I have an okay job…I have an okay marriage.” But Jesus came so we can live an abundant life! That means an abundance of joy, an abundance of peace, an abundance of health, an abundance of finances. You may not see it right now, and maybe you haven’t experienced it in the past, but don’t get complacent and just settle for where you are. Get a vision for your future! Get a vision for increase! Get a vision for Abundance! Psalm 35:27 says, “Let them say continually, ‘Let the Lord be magnified Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His children.’” God delights to see you prosperous and successful. When you choose to think God’s thoughts and choose God’s way, you’ll see that increase and victory in every area of your life. Now is the time to move forward and live the abundant life God has planned for you!

What about the trials and tribulations that God told us would come our way and not only come our way but told us that we are to rejoice and be happy and give Him thanks for them? Joel only speaks of goodness and leaves out the difficulties and trying times. What about being hated for His Names' sake? or being hated by the world because they hated Him first? what about not being the most popular person amongst your friends and family because of your belief?

Like Joel often says, people are "beaten down" enough so he preaches to make them feel good. Was Jesus not beaten down? Are we not to pick up our cross and follow Him? That means we will not have an abundant life as Joel describes, GURANTEED!

Comment

• There is no method to teaching Gods Gospel...it is what it is because it is written and God has said to be so. JMHO!

Comment

I still contend that if people like those on the view are to be reached, Joel will do a better job of getting their attention than would a fire and brimstone, judgmental in your face legalist.

The Apostle Paul said he became all things to all people that some might be saved.

Jesus ate with sinners, and was accused of breaking the sabbath, and was rebuked for it by the legalists. His doctrine and "style" was so far out to the point that He was crucified.

Joel is going where the self righteous will not go.
                            My thoughts exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by stubob View Post
                              My thoughts exactly
                              I'm shocked.
                              There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                                For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                                no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Working...
                                X