Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You wont' be satisfied with Joel Osteen no matter what he says. He's doing God's work and God is really the only one he has to please.


    As for affluence, Job, Abraham and Solomon did pretty good and were used mightly by God. Its not wealth that traps us, but the "love" of that wealth. Many christians commit the sin of envy and then condemn any man of God who is blessed with abundant finances.

    But as I said, Osteen will continue to be a target of those who disagree with his method.

    Comment


    • Ain't this bashing a little too much????? i daresay you guys are swarming on dude pretty bad...

      Comment


      • For those who say Joel does not mention Jesus in his sermons or doesn't preach from the Bible.


        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TKHd...eature=related

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Brinkley View Post

          But as I said, Osteen will continue to be a target of those who disagree with his method.
          Count on that, and I am glad you mentioned "Method" because it's just that and not Biblical, because it is not the full counsel. Now if he gets to teaching clearly what the Bible teaches, I will embrace his ministry. For now I look at joel, and all preachers in light of Paul and his ministry.

          Acts 20

          18 And when they had come to him, he said to them: “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you, 19 serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews; 20 how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, 21 testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 22 And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, 23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. 24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

          25 “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. 28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.
          If you think joel meets that mark, fine, I quit trying to convince you and Chuck a few pages back, this is for the lurkers. I teach at my church, and am responsible for those God brings to that church. I would not be caught dead leaving so much unsaid, because the people there are far too important to Jesus.
          There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
            For those who say Joel does not mention Jesus in his sermons or doesn't preach from the Bible.


            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TKHd...eature=related
            This is again being preached on Easter, it is the same sermon you posted before.

            Give us a regular program that has Joel explaining how be saved and know Jesus as your savior.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
              Count on that, and I am glad you mentioned "Method" because it's just that and not Biblical, because it is not the full counsel. Now if he gets to teaching clearly what the Bible teaches, I will embrace his ministry. For now I look at joel, and all preachers in light of Paul and his ministry.



              If you think joel meets that mark, fine, I quit trying to convince you and Chuck a few pages back, this is for the lurkers. I teach at my church, and am responsible for those God brings to that church. I would not be caught dead leaving so much unsaid, because the people there are far too important to Jesus.
              what has Chuck done??
              i just said i came to Christ through one of his teachings=Joel Osteen.
              Jeepers!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brinkley View Post
                For those who say Joel does not mention Jesus in his sermons or doesn't preach from the Bible.


                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TKHd...eature=related
                You really want to use that. At about the 2:20 point he uses Jesus as an illustration of people having a tough time when he fell under the weight of the Cross, and how god will bring people to help with the burden?

                Good grief, this is what happens when everything needs an illustration no matter how tortured it is.
                There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Chuck Taylorz View Post
                  what has Chuck done??
                  i just said i came to Christ through one of his teachings=Joel Osteen.
                  Jeepers!
                  Chuck, you are a fan, I get that, I can't change your mind, nor Brinkley's, nor do I care to try. I am no longer answering you two for sake of working it out with you two, but rather for the others reading here.

                  As you were.
                  There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                    Chuck, you are a fan, I get that, I can't change your mind, nor Brinkley's, nor do I care to try. I am no longer answering you two for sake of working it out with you two, but rather for the others reading here.

                    As you were.
                    thank s...just thanks.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                      You really want to use that. At about the 2:20 point he uses Jesus as an illustration of people having a tough time when he fell under the weight of the Cross, and how god will bring people to help with the burden?

                      Good grief, this is what happens when everything needs an illustration no matter how tortured it is.
                      That is what I was thinking after I started watching it...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chuck Taylorz View Post

                        i present me!

                        hopefully this post does not get deleted
                        Curious about the message Joel was preaching on when you received Jesus?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by OnceWasLost View Post
                          Chuck, you are a fan, I get that, I can't change your mind, nor Brinkley's, nor do I care to try. I am no longer answering you two for sake of working it out with you two, but rather for the others reading here.

                          As you were.

                          Comment


                          • Never mind... I can see this thread is just going around in circles....

                            Please be aware all, Joel Osteen and others of his like are more dangerous to true Christianity than any evil in this world... he is leading many astray.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by lyngraphics View Post
                              Never mind... I can see this thread is just going around in circles....

                              Please be aware all, Joel Osteen and others of his like are more dangerous to true Christianity than any evil in this world... he is leading many astray.
                              Absolutely, I live in the Houston area, and know many led astray by Joel Osteen.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Gideon300 View Post
                                Absolutely, I live in the Houston area, and know many led astray by Joel Osteen.
                                Me, too... I have had members "preach" to me without one mention of true salvation.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X