No announcement yet.

Joel Osteen....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Osteen gives the ladies on The view tv show what he thinks the Bible says about homosexuality.

http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=14035

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Comment

• 2nd Osteen video clip thing from the view tv show

Comment

• I am not a fan of this man and this is a prime example of why-He dances around the sin question insted of quoting Bible verses like he should.He should have a Bible right there in front of them and turn to Leviticus 20:13 and tell the camera to zoom in on the Bible and the verse,and tell the world God thinks it,s wrong- So it,s wrong -end of discussion.I wonder what Jack Hyles or Billy Sunday would say about this same subject?

Comment

• Well, in typical Joel style, he was as politically correct as he could possibly be.

Comment

• Joel just misses the mark on soooooooooooooo many issues. He misses so many opportunities to shine for God and get the Gospel out there. He's good at throwing a few verses out here and there to appease the viewers and make himself look like he's actually a preacher of God's Word and the sad part is that thousands upon thousands are following him weekly

Comment

• He is sort of scary because he said enough about homosexuality being not "God's best" to appease some people on one side and also appease the people on the other side by not saying it is out and out sin, as are other things, adultery, fornication, lying, envy, etc. (yes he could have and should have pointed out scripture in context and point out when other people take it out of context to suit their ideas).

I dont like the way media people attack like that. They pretty much put words in his mouth and then attack the words he didn't use, saying that he said it was an orientation and not a choice, when I thought he said it was a choice... trying to be PC doesnt work with people who like to twist words around. Saying it is "hard for a person to be gay" in this society... is it? Will it be in 20 years? (if we are still here). It was "hard" for a person to be an unwed mother 50 years ago but now it is pretty much accepted. The world is doing its best to accommodate everything except God's Word.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24thchance View Post
                I am not a fan of this man and this is a prime example of why-He dances around the sin question insted of quoting Bible verses like he should.He should have a Bible right there in front of them and turn to Leviticus 20:13 and tell the camera to zoom in on the Bible and the verse,and tell the world God thinks it,s wrong- So it,s wrong -end of discussion.I wonder what Jack Hyles or Billy Sunday would say about this same subject?
                That is exactly why they have him on, give him the time of day. Because he will dance around and because he did not bring a Bible. They don't want the preacher who opens up the Word of God in a nanosecond and points to it, declares it loud and clear. The Word of God speaks for itself. It just needs opened, read out loud - done.
                Hebrews 4:12

Comment

• I would think that the women on the view wouldnt like the straight answer about homosexuality... they wouldnt receive it.

Joel Osteen is very self centered.. listen to his words... he *always* seems to say "what I believe the Bible says" or "I think ... "

God's Word doesnt need what Joel thinks to JUSTIFY IT! God's Word is SOVEREIGN!

I hear people say that all the time and they get themselves into trouble with that because they are now the authority and once they do they lost because we are in a direct fight with our enemy and opposition instead of using our faith and God's Word to battle for us.

Comment

• I am sorry, Lord forgive me, but I ABHOR the View. It entertains all views but the One View that matters. it is nothing more than a female gossip fest. Why even go on a show like that anyway? Does he really thing he stands a chance? The fact that he was invited speaks to me. The dark runs from the light, why would they embrace Joel Osteen? Because he represents the condition of most of "Christianity" today. Gay is not God's best..meaning that it is okay, but there is better? No, Joel. Homosexuality is an abomination, as is all sin. it is not only not God's best, but it is not tolerated and condemns one to hell. Where is repentance, Joel? Where is Jesus? Did you forget He died to make a way to free us form our bondage to sin? Just because congregations grow does not mean it is a body of real believers. I am not concerned with numbers! I am concerned with heart condition. How can people come seeking to honor and worship a God they know nothing about? Oh, they want to honor the God who wants us to have financial prosperity and a fantabulous life with all that we have and will have. What is blessed? Is it a worldly definition of blessed? or biblical definition? This is not the Gospel. Oh this is a sick and twisted perversion. How much dangerous potential does this man and his perverted message bring! The way is narrow! I do not care, Joel, what you believe scripture says. It is not up for your interpretation!!! Were is the discussion of sin, and the penalty for it? No, God did not create us to be something He is against, that is the sin nature we inherit from the first Adam. Now let us talk about the life that the second Adam brings. this just breaks my heart. Tears are spilling from my eyes as I type this. Our 'best life now', is in the crucifixion of our flesh, and our choice to follow our Lord. Our 'best life' is contained in the scarred hands of our risen Lord, who bore in His body the penalty that was ours. He became sin, who knew no sin so that we could be reconciled!!!!! it is because He is risen that we have hope. It is sad that Whoopie and for crying out loud, Joy, have a better picture of it than Joel. And that is not saying much!!!!!!!! Do not water it down, do not taint it with your thoughts, Joel. Trust in the Lord's Word to do what it sets out to do, it never returns void. Oh, world, how I weep for you. Oh, Lord, how I long for You. Convict those who need it, rebuke those who need it, and reveal truth to those perishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by peaceseeker View Post
                      Well, in typical Joel style, he was as politically correct as he could possibly be.
                      you are right

BTW:

Joel Osteen and his church Lakewood are part of the WCA (aka willow creek association churches)

http://www.willowcreek.com/wca_info/...20%20%20%20512

Comment

• Originally posted by Cherished View Post
                        I am sorry, Lord forgive me, but I ABHOR the View. It entertains all views but the One View that matters. it is nothing more than a female gossip fest. Why even go on a show like that anyway? Does he really thing he stands a chance? The fact that he was invited speaks to me. The dark runs from the light, why would they embrace Joel Osteen? Because he represents the condition of most of "Christianity" today. Gay is not God's best..meaning that it is okay, but there is better? No, Joel. Homosexuality is an abomination, as is all sin. it is not only not God's best, but it is not tolerated and condemns one to hell. Where is repentance, Joel? Where is Jesus? Did you forget He died to make a way to free us form our bondage to sin? Just because congregations grow does not mean it is a body of real believers. I am not concerned with numbers! I am concerned with heart condition. How can people come seeking to honor and worship a God they know nothing about? Oh, they want to honor the God who wants us to have financial prosperity and a fantabulous life with all that we have and will have. What is blessed? Is it a worldly definition of blessed? or biblical definition? This is not the Gospel. Oh this is a sick and twisted perversion. How much dangerous potential does this man and his perverted message bring! The way is narrow! I do not care, Joel, what you believe scripture says. It is not up for your interpretation!!! Were is the discussion of sin, and the penalty for it? No, God did not create us to be something He is against, that is the sin nature we inherit from the first Adam. Now let us talk about the life that the second Adam brings. this just breaks my heart. Tears are spilling from my eyes as I type this. Our 'best life now', is in the crucifixion of our flesh, and our choice to follow our Lord. Our 'best life' is contained in the scarred hands of our risen Lord, who bore in His body the penalty that was ours. He became sin, who knew no sin so that we could be reconciled!!!!! it is because He is risen that we have hope. It is sad that Whoopie and for crying out loud, Joy, have a better picture of it than Joel. And that is not saying much!!!!!!!! Do not water it down, do not taint it with your thoughts, Joel. Trust in the Lord's Word to do what it sets out to do, it never returns void. Oh, world, how I weep for you. Oh, Lord, how I long for You. Convict those who need it, rebuke those who need it, and reveal truth to those perishing.
                        You go girl!

Comment

I am sorry, Lord forgive me, but I ABHOR the View. It entertains all views but the One View that matters. it is nothing more than a female gossip fest. Why even go on a show like that anyway? Does he really thing he stands a chance? The fact that he was invited speaks to me. The dark runs from the light, why would they embrace Joel Osteen? Because he represents the condition of most of "Christianity" today. Gay is not God's best..meaning that it is okay, but there is better? No, Joel. Homosexuality is an abomination, as is all sin. it is not only not God's best, but it is not tolerated and condemns one to hell. Where is repentance, Joel? Where is Jesus? Did you forget He died to make a way to free us form our bondage to sin? Just because congregations grow does not mean it is a body of real believers. I am not concerned with numbers! I am concerned with heart condition. How can people come seeking to honor and worship a God they know nothing about? Oh, they want to honor the God who wants us to have financial prosperity and a fantabulous life with all that we have and will have. What is blessed? Is it a worldly definition of blessed? or biblical definition? This is not the Gospel. Oh this is a sick and twisted perversion. How much dangerous potential does this man and his perverted message bring! The way is narrow! I do not care, Joel, what you believe scripture says. It is not up for your interpretation!!! Were is the discussion of sin, and the penalty for it? No, God did not create us to be something He is against, that is the sin nature we inherit from the first Adam. Now let us talk about the life that the second Adam brings. this just breaks my heart. Tears are spilling from my eyes as I type this. Our 'best life now', is in the crucifixion of our flesh, and our choice to follow our Lord. Our 'best life' is contained in the scarred hands of our risen Lord, who bore in His body the penalty that was ours. He became sin, who knew no sin so that we could be reconciled!!!!! it is because He is risen that we have hope. It is sad that Whoopie and for crying out loud, Joy, have a better picture of it than Joel. And that is not saying much!!!!!!!! Do not water it down, do not taint it with your thoughts, Joel. Trust in the Lord's Word to do what it sets out to do, it never returns void. Oh, world, how I weep for you. Oh, Lord, how I long for You. Convict those who need it, rebuke those who need it, and reveal truth to those perishing.
                          You go sister!!! vrooooooooooooommmmmm

Comment

• So God "best plan" for each of our lives....buy my book and you will see how to live out your best life now!

Whoopi herself said she was "groovin" with Osteen's views.

Oh Joel, don't you get it yet??????And why on earth would you go on such a horrid, liberal, anti Christian show of sharks?

Comment

I couldn't agree more! Well said

Comment

• Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                                So God "best plan" for each of our lives....buy my book and you will see how to live out your best life now!

Whoopi herself said she was "groovin" with Osteen's views.

Oh Joel, don't you get it yet??????And why on earth would you go on such a horrid, liberal, anti Christian show of sharks?
                                Whoopi? The born-again Atheist?

I don't get it. Pastors are supposed to stand for God & His word. Not trying to protect people's feelings

Comment

Working...
                                X