This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BHW33 View Post
    he has actually distanced himself from the Paula Whites of the world as of late.
    Not really.

Posted on Stone's site today:

Just Signed with Strang Communications

Many of our viewers and readers are familiar with CHARISMA MAGAZINE, a Christian publication published by Stephen Strang. For several years, Mr. Strang has asked me about working with him to publish and distribute several books to the major Christian book stores and secular book markets. After several years, I felt a release in my spirit to sign a special three year book contract with Strang Communications. The first book will be released in September of this year.
    Charisma is basically a WOF fan magazine.

Strang promotes the circus.

Comment

• when you think of all the people this stuff harms, hurts, or steals from... those they take advantage of with their false prophesies, give-to-get claims, and seed money planting...

you become less likely to just gloss over their gross misrepresentation of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and less likely to accuse those who are berean and give warnings about such, as being judgemental.

IMHO

Comment

• Originally posted by Final Trumpet View Post
        So Tenbear, according to what your saying is that we should not be critical of anyones teaching? Your grieved because we compare what they say against God's Word? Funny how Paul commended the Berean's for holding his teaching to the standards of God's Word. This is the only way you can confront and warn others against deception.

How many times do we hear people screaming not to judge teachers and preachers teachings by God's Word here? I hope that those that want to "cry foul" against those who are contending for the faith and truth of God's Word will come to see that they are actually in opposition to God because they are in support of the false teachers and their teachings being exposed. But sadly, too many idolize their favorite teachers and put what they say above God's Word.
        Agreed. I'm appalled that some on here are appalled when we follow the Word and hold teachers to the light.
        Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady View Post
          Good response Chris. I used to really like Perry Stone, myself. However, you have to put your discernment cap on and be cautious. It seems that Perry, along with some other prophecy teachers, have grown fat by packaging their "special revelations and insights"; and you only learn of them by buying the books, magazines, videos or attending the conferences, etc. He is charismatic and believes in special revelations that are being given to him and his father-which many are not shared with the public until "after they come to pass". God reveals His plans to His servants for a reason, NOT to be kept secret and revealed AFTERWARDS. Who does that glorify-God or the "visionary".

It is very easy to get caught up in an intoxicating spiral of searching for "hidden knowledge" only revealed to a few. Perry is WOF and his associations with folks like the false prophetess Paula White a wolf that has infiltrated the church. She IS apostate, a must see video: http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=38918 This video SHOCKED me. What fellowship does light have with darkness, Perry needs to rebuke her and not associate with her because he gives her credence by associating and sharing a stage with her.

Recently, I bought "Teen You Can Serve God", a message by Perry. Upon listening and reviewing it first before sharing it with my son, it went way off track saying young people have to be "annointed", and talked about passing the annointing down through the generations, and other extra Biblical statements of his early experiences in camp meetings-I threw it in the trash.

Again...in these last days, we MUST use caution and discernment. There are many jewels and nuggets we can glean from scripture. The Bible IS built precept upon precept with layers we can peel back and learn from. It is exciting to re-learn our Jewish roots of our faith-but the danger is when there is an exaggerating of their finds, and then "charging to share the information".

If Perry really believed in "a meal that heals"-you certainly wouldn't have to buy his kit from him to benefit. If he really believed this and wanted people to be healed, he could show how a person can simply take communion in their home using wine and bread.

Again-I began getting very uncomfortable with some preachers I respected in their early days, when their ministry took on an image of money changers and selling of "blessings". There were too many extra Biblical revelations and exaggerations being made by many prophecy teachers today and it has become as addictive as drugs to many. They need more and more hidden knowledge and revelation and jump on every message that is made without using discernment and the Word to verify.

Amen!! Very well said.

Comment

Tenbear...it is the days in which we live. No one takes joy in pointing out error in teachings, and we DO pray for those who are in the wrong, I don't know why you assume we do not.

Paul wrote to Timothy to guard and contend for the faith and for what he was taught. Jude while preparing to write a letter about our common salvation, instead was moved by the Holy Spirit to warn us to contend for the faith because certain men have crept in unaware teaching doctrines of demons. Read Galations and Ephesians too. We are told in the last days, decievers will grow worse and worse. It is a sign of the times, not the pleasure of Bereans to have to share one heartbreaking story after another of the wolves that have crept in and ministries led astray.

Exactly.

Comment

• May I say 'AMEN! to all that the moderators had to say on this thread. For years I have been in the minority when I would speak out about 'false doctrine'. No one wanted to hear it. I want to thank the Lord that I found this place to come to. I know He sent me here. (to bolster my backbone) He is so merciful. Blessings to all.

Comment

• I watch him occasionally because he truly knows about the Jewish traditions and so much more when it comes to the history of Israel. Many of his shows are taped from the Holy Land...that's when I especially watch. However, I do not take everything he says hook, line and sinker. We must, as stated, use discernment. I'm not "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"....I weed out that which does not follow the bible. However, for a new believer all this could be confusing....wherein lies the rub. Finding the truth is not a smorgasboard (sp), we can't pick and choose what we want to believe...however when it comes to Jewish customs and traditions...I think Perry Stone is one of the most learned around. (jmho)
                "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries
                sigpic

Comment

It is very easy to get caught up in an intoxicating spiral of searching for "hidden knowledge" only revealed to a few.

There were too many extra Biblical revelations and exaggerations being made by many prophecy teachers today and it has become as addictive as drugs to many. They need more and more hidden knowledge and revelation and jump on every message that is made without using discernment and the Word to verify.
                  There have been many great posts here, but this is what I want to emphasize - excellent. It should always raise our red flags of discernment when one teacher claims that they have hidden knowledge, when they claim they have special revelations that the rest of the Body does not have. The Bible is not about hidden knowledge for a select few.

I used to watch Perry Stone too. He does have nice backdrops of scenes of Israel on some of his shows.

But what does he say that we need to know that is not taught by other Christian teachers? Ones that don't have his doctrinal and other questionable baggage, such as paying high prices for his secrets?

If he is sought out for his teachings on Jewish backgrounds of our beliefs, there is a wealth of information taught by so many others which can be resourced on this site. Perry Stone doesn't have anything that God has withheld from the Body. That's one danger of his claims. Please be careful.
                  "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

• Thank you all for your posts.I do understand that perry goes off on strange things about his dad and these dreams he has but I do think his heart is in the right place,I am sure he loves the lord and seems humble to me.I do like his teachings about Israel.But I wont take everything he says hook line and sinker.I also uderstand the point of veiw that you cannot schedule an interview with every teacher and ask them why they teach such things.so actually this has been a good learning experiance for me.GOD BLESS you all.I am amazed at how well read on the bible some of you are.I have been studying 4 years and have a long way to go.A lifetime!

Comment

• I need an answer - seriously

Why is it that some on this board continue to follow a teacher who is known known known to be fellowshipping with either wofs, heretics, or the like and still think they have something to offer that is worth their while???????

Very bad discernment here and I would even go so far as to say tickling ears syndrome.

For those of you who keep using the excuse that he has good teachings on prophecy and all things jewish, you are without excuse.

They are way better ministries out there who are DOCTRINALLY SOUND such as Zola Levitt, Arnold Fruchtenbaum and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Agreed. I'm appalled that some on here are appalled when we follow the Word and hold teachers to the light.
                        It's pride, brother. We are to die to ourselves every day, as we all know. It's hard to kill that old foe pride. It's hard to hear that someone you think is "right" or "good" may not be as pure as you had hoped. Money is a mammoth corrupter. I have no doubts that many of these WOF'ers and others started in the ministry with good intentions and did it for the so-called "right" reasons. But as they grew, they succumb at various levels to the fame and fortune of it all.

Then it's a matter of convincing yourself that this is "what God wants" for you. Many of them get to that point. It's one of the greatest deceptions in the Church today, unfortunately, and now it feeds upon itself in a never-ending cycle of people parading to the podium, telling you it's a curse to be poor and that "God wants His Children to be rich". That "doctrine" exists solely to soothe their own troubled spirits, which are humming away that it's wrong, that they are warping the Words of the Living God.

Religion trumps relationship again, I'm afraid.

Let me be blunt -- if God won't do anything for me until I give someone else dollar bills, I will not serve that God. How very petty from the supposed Creator of the Universe! Jesus died on the cross so that people could accumulate worldly possessions!?! I think not.

Fortunately, the True God loves us so much that He became one of us and sacrificed Himself so that we could be made righteous through His Shed Blood! Amen!

I used to really like Perry Stone myself as well, but when he hangs out with Benny Hinn and Paula White, well, I love God a whole lot more than I love my own foolish pride. Some of what he says is good and true, but some of it is foul and false. Period.

So I moved on. I only want the Truth, and as Christians, that should be what we all strive to keep. The Truth in Christ Jesus and Him Crucified.

God bless and keep you all.

Maranatha!
                        If you believe you're a good person:
                        As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
                        - Romans 3:10

If you believe all paths lead to Heaven:
                        Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                        - John 14:6

If you pray to Mary, Saints, Idols or Images:
                        For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
                        - 1 Timothy 2:5

Comment

• Originally posted by Berean Girl View Post
                          Why is it that some on this board continue to follow a teacher who is known known known to be fellowshipping with either wofs, heretics, or the like and still think they have something to offer that is worth their while???????

Very bad discernment here and I would even go so far as to say tickling ears syndrome.

For those of you who keep using the excuse that he has good teachings on prophecy and all things jewish, you are without excuse.

They are way better ministries out there who are DOCTRINALLY SOUND such as Zola Levitt, Arnold Fruchtenbaum and others.

Sadly, I think that is why John Hagee still has such a huge following. After I got saved back in the mid 90's I loved listening to Hagee. He had that "hellfire and brimstone" style that I liked and good knowledge. Well, after a short while my eyes were opened to him as he kept preaching sermons about something and then had a product to sell related to that sermon at the end. One that comes to mind is the prayer shawl. He preached about it then at the end you could buy your own from him. So are his sermons led by the Holy Spirit or led by a marketing campaign. They were like infomercials. Then I saw him taking the stage with Benny Hinn and kept away after that.

People get attached to a teacher and then will not hear a word against them even though the proof is there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Final Trumpet View Post
                            Sadly, I think that is why John Hagee still has such a huge following. After I got saved back in the mid 90's I loved listening to Hagee. He had that "hellfire and brimstone" style that I liked and good knowledge. Well, after a short while my eyes were opened to him as he kept preaching sermons about something and then had a product to sell related to that sermon at the end. One that comes to mind is the prayer shawl. He preached about it then at the end you could buy your own from him. So are his sermons led by the Holy Spirit or led by a marketing campaign. They were like infomercials. Then I saw him taking the stage with Benny Hinn and kept away after that.

People get attached to a teacher and then will not hear a word against them even though the proof is there.
                            Agreed. I have quit listening to Hagee myself, and in the mid-90s I listened to him every chance I got. Even donated to him ministry a time or two. Something has happened regarding him that is troubling to my spirit. I have real trouble with these preachers supposedly getting a word from the Holy Spirit then selling something afterwards or in relation to it. If it's so true and important, how could you demand money for it??

God bless.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Comment

• Originally posted by Watchingthesky View Post
                              Agreed. I have quit listening to Hagee myself, and in the mid-90s I listened to him every chance I got. Even donated to his ministry a time or two. Something has happened regarding him that is troubling to my spirit. I have real trouble with these preachers supposedly getting a word from the Holy Spirit then selling something afterwards or in relation to it. If it's so true and important, how could you demand money for it??
                              God bless.
                              The part of your post that says something about him is troubling to your spirit, could it be the fact that he divorced/remarried around 1975-1976? Check out wikipedia.
                              I always thought that the Bible forbid men from pastoring churches if they had been divorced/remarried. This would trouble my spirit in addition to the sales aspect of their ministry.
                              sigpic
                              -Lynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                                The part of your post that says something about him is troubling to your spirit, could it be the fact that he divorced/remarried around 1975-1976? Check out wikipedia.
                                I always thought that the Bible forbid men from pastoring churches if they had been divorced/remarried. This would trouble my spirit in addition to the sales aspect of their ministry.
                                Yes, exactly! I remember reading that and just staring at it. Carrying on an affair with a church goer (his wife now) . . . just unbelievable to me. Of course, he can be forgiven for it and I pray that he has repented, but still . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X